[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Exiting Nerd Lifestyle

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1

File: some nerds room.jpg (68KB, 736x552px) Image search: [Google]
some nerds room.jpg
68KB, 736x552px
Anyone have any experience with that weird point in life when you start to find all the anime/cartoon memorabilia you've collected to be really awkward to be around?

I enjoy the stuff I have. However, I feel like to anyone but myself, it's just a bunch of toys and dorky nic nacs
>>
>>17670806
They are just a bunch of toys sorry to break it to but really gotta rid of that shit if you ever want get some pussy
>>
i strayed away from anime too at some point,which is good,i guess its like a phase lol
>>
>>17670806

I have a tall bookshelf just filled with manga and I regret buying it. When I was 19 and had money I just bought a bunch of that stuff, and now that I'm turning 21 I'm thinking about my future and how I won't like to have these things out in the open when I move into my own apartment. I'll most likely sell/give it all away.

I still like anime and manga, but just the physical copies of the dvd's and books is dorky as fuck
>>
Sell it as is, like as a collection, and take solace in the fact its legend will live on.
>>
Don't throw it away, man. You don't have to be ashamed of the things you like.

I'm a nerdfuck with a room full of toys and game/japanese cartoon shit. Except I pay for all my stuff with my money, so nobody can say crap about what I enjoy on my freetime.
Also, my girlfriend finds it cute and started enjoying some of these things as well.

[spoiler]being female may have made it easier[/spoiler]
>>
>>17670806
It's called growing up man.

Always know that the things that you enjoyed, and even still enjoy, are part of who you are.

No reason to ever be ashamed of that, but at a certain point, especially when you move to a small apartment or go off to college, space becomes a premium.

I moved away and only took as much as I could fit in my car. Started with nothing but an air mattress and my computer and a whole bunch of clothes. Bought basic furniture after a bit, but slowly collected things that make me, me at this point in my life.
>>
>>17670806
I don't collect anything. I don't entirely understand the concept of collecting visual pieces to begin with.
>>
>>17670806
if you feel like you're growing out of it, sort through your weeb collection every 3-6 months or so and get rid of 50% of it. sell it on ebay or whatever. repeat til you only have a few cherished items left. hang onto those for however long you want.
>>
>>17670806
>>17670824
Same here, never collected anything but after a couple of years of being a complete weeb I just ended up growing out of it.

If you enjoy the things you have collected, don't get rid of them anon. It makes you who you are.
>>
You can still have some, but like 1% of your decor. I have a modern setup all black and minimalist but some nerdy shit on display too. Or you can not give a fuck and put whatever, but probably not the best idea.
>>
>>17670988
This is pretty much true. No reason to feel ashamed if it's the case that the outer world thinks you're a creepy weeb who collects chinese cartoon figurines but that's what you really like. Just make sure to keep in it reasonable levels (stuff like, "don't use the money you were supposed to pay rent to buy some new japanese cartoon doll" etc). And fuck normies.

However...

It does come a time that your hobbies that you had as a teenager (or even as an early adult) do seem a bit... Dull. It's not like you now hate your old hobbies or anything like that, it just seems like they're a part of you... In the past. They don't really represent what your wishes, priorities and interests are right now, even if you have fond memories and can still get a kick or two from them every now and then. If that's the case... Welcome to the adult world, population is a few billion of bored souls waiting until 5pm to go back home.
>>
I thought that was a replica of Spellbreaker from Skyrim
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.