[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Future

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 2

File: 1476237785484.jpg (159KB, 740x746px) Image search: [Google]
1476237785484.jpg
159KB, 740x746px
I'm... Worried. About the future. Both personally, and on a global scale. Personally because of shit like grades, finding a decent job or making one, finding a place to live, someone to love, the need in the back of my mind to have kids, all of that. It's a lot of stuff, and I'm worried that I'll fail. Fall at whatever hurdle.
Then there's the global shit, stuff out of my control for the most part. The state of my country, the huge powers at play, corruption in world governments, disease, war, all of that shit you can't really influence but it could fuck your life up in an instant, or fuck up the entire world. Too much power and control in the hands of the few, and often wrong, people.
Does anyone else feel this? I don't know how to describe it. Existential dread, maybe? How do i deal with this? Feels like I'm so caught up in worrying that I'll miss the chances I get.
>>
>>17670735
It's normal to worry about the future in these times.
But instead of worrying about your own future, you should make your own luck.
Think about the things you need to do to get what you want and how to do them.

Do you need a gf? How do you get a gf? Money? Read about money etc.
>>
>>17670735
Remember this about humans: we make the future. The future is not an inevitable 'fate' kind of thing. The computer you're typing on was not going to come into existence automatically, people had to act on making it happen. This principle applies to everything we do.

Now if you feel global things are out of your control, invest yourself in politics that align with your own philosophies, and act on them. Be a little idealistic. Politics for the past 20 years has been filled the world over with power-hungry opportunists with no ideology, which then has a trickle down effect to the people where they think you can't have strong ideas. This is bollocks and right now things like the rise of Sanders and Trumps as well as Brexit have proven the people do still actually believe in things, and they're making them happen.
>>
>>17670735
viva la revolucion
>>
>>17670735
I like to relate things in life to Star Wars quotes. The relevant one here is: "The more you tighten your grip, Tarkin, the more star systems will slip through your fingers."

The global elites of which you speak are trying desperately to maintain their power and control. If you pay too much attention to the media that they themselves control, you could very well become disillusioned into believing that the powers that should not be will be in control forever. But the truth is, we outnumber them. And people around the world are waking up to varying degrees. The fomenting anti-establisment attitudes in the west are tantamount to proof. It will take time, but they can't maintain their monopoly on power forever.

What you can do is everything you can to make your immediate sphere of influence a better place. If everybody committed to this, and more and more people are, then you will leave the world a better place than the one you arrived in.
>>
>>17670735
If it helps you to be able to listen to music that relates to your problems: Jeff Rosenstock is the guy for you
>>
File: 1458292024171.jpg (212KB, 1260x736px) Image search: [Google]
1458292024171.jpg
212KB, 1260x736px
>Your impending sense of doom is nothing but emotional residue - there is nothing wrong. Even when something is wrong, nothing is wrong. You deal with problems as they arise, no big deal.
>>
Make money
Buy guns and ammo
There, now you know what to do.
Thread posts: 8
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.