[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Does life improve once you reach college/university?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 3

File: 150274010184.jpg (44KB, 635x473px) Image search: [Google]
150274010184.jpg
44KB, 635x473px
Does life improve once you reach college/university?
>>
Depends what your life is like now and what you hope will change.
>>
Probably not.

College is only good if you have friends and social groups to spend your time with. Otherwise it's just being poor, going into debt, learning nothing useful yet spending all your time working and stressing over large workloads and exams.
>>
>>17670635
This, but university is what you make of it.
>>
It can be good, but so can other periods of your life. I feel best when I'm surrounded by great things and have nothing looming to worry about, some years are like that.
>>
In my experience yes university greatly improves live. But that is not to say that it makes life easier. There will be a lot more work and stress, but it is a very enriching experience, and you will be away from whatever shitty factors of you life you are trying to hide from right now.
>>
>>17670635
Sounds accurate.
>>
>>17670626
Can make it worse or better. Kind of a pointless question
>>
>>17670626
If you're social, yes. If you're not, then probably not. What makes uni life is the people and if you don't talk to them it's just a harder version of high school where nobody gives a shit about you and the subjects are a little more interesting.

My first year at university was the most miserable and lonesome year of my life.
>>
It depends what your life is like. Work was obviously easier and way lighter in high school. The nice thing about college is most of my classes now are on stuff that I at least have some mild interest in. Not everything, but most stuff.

At the same time, I can't help but feel more depressed than I did in highschool. I'm always busy and I have no money so it's harder to get a relationship. I already had a hard enough time in high school. I only had three friends in HS and now I have none, only classmates that I don't mind talking to. I don't really mind that, though.

It also depends on where you go. I'm gong to college in the same city that I have lived most of my life, so I still have to deal with parents and family. I know people who went abroad and say they're having the time of their lives. Most of them did go to party colleges, though.
>>
For me yes. The workload wasn't that bad as long as you know how to balance it. The best thing is having more freedom.
>>
It depends highly on how social you are. I went to my safety school so I have a "smart guy" rep on my dorm floor but it doesn't help my life at all, just has people knock on my door 15 minutes before exams asking for help. Since I'm autistic, nobody actually wants to be my friend, and I've found pretty much everyone here abrasive. My only social lifeline keeping me sane is my group of friends in my hometown.
I hate it desu senpai. Social life sucks, schoolwork dominates my life a lot more than high school.
If you're rich you can buy friends through a fraternity.
On the plus side, you have way more freedom and people give fewer shits.
>>
>>17670626
Only if you improve it. Things don't just get better, you have to make them better. Something even my 70 year old dad doesn't understand.
>>
>>17670679
See, here's my dilemma

I want to be more social, and when someone who I don't regularly talk to approaches me, I love it because I see it as an opportunity to establish a connection and make the person know me better, but the problem is that I have severe approach anxiety, which prevents me from approaching anyone I'm not familiar with

What I'm hoping is that college can be a fresh slate, and I'll be able to act however I want and won't have to worry about being judged by people who have a preconceived notion of how I should be behaving
>>
>>17670626
So far it's about the same as high school was for me, except with no privacy.
>>
>>17670626 It was better for me because it felt like there was slightly more freedom. But you still felt like a prisoner because there was all this work to be done and depending on your effort it affects your grades (just like high school). IDK, just try to enjoy everything for the moment because you can't expect things to be better all the time. If you change your mentality then technically it's better right now, right?
>>
>>17670626

Freshman here. Idk how it is for most Americans, but I went to the same school K-12 so coming to Uni nowhere near my region is SOOO refreshing. I'm about a billion times more sociable and active and succesful. My grades were average in HS, here I'm on top of all my classes (Penn State btw). I'm even much better with girls too. Uni is very different for me, but only because I wanted it to. Btw 5'6 manlet spic. If i can do it, therems no reason why you can't.
>>
it did for me but its what comes after college/university that is the real shit sucker
>>
>>17670626
It mostly comes down to you and your attitude.

If you're a control-freak and won't allow yourself to go for the occasional adventure, you're likely going to flounder and potentially fail at making friends.

That being said, and you let things go with the flow, you're likely to have a more fun and successful time.
>>
File: 1463412120583.png (10KB, 317x336px) Image search: [Google]
1463412120583.png
10KB, 317x336px
In my case it sure as shit didn't, but that is because I was relocated to the boonies of Texas, during the middle of summer, where the internet speeds make downloading a 30 GB game a 5-day process.

Also I am physically unable to smile, so I never made any friends. Ever.
>>
>>17670626
Unless you're a football star or a cheerleader (in which case your glory days are all over) I can absolutely guarantee that EVERYTHING in life will be better than high school.
>>
>>17670626
Hahaha oh heavens no
>>
>>17670626
Life only improves when you take active measures to change. Its never the environment.

If you want to improve your life, you need to change.
>>
File: Orel-300x200.jpg (5KB, 300x200px) Image search: [Google]
Orel-300x200.jpg
5KB, 300x200px
>>17670626

lol, not if you're as repressed as I was. I'm 30 now and I lie awake at night thinking of my life as a web of missed opportunities.
>>
>>17670626

only if you let it.
Thread posts: 25
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.