[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Being honest with hook ups

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 2

File: tumblr_n17vf2Okd01s6mbrfo1_250.gif (684KB, 200x203px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_n17vf2Okd01s6mbrfo1_250.gif
684KB, 200x203px
Hey /adv/ so basically I met this girl online and had been sleeping with her for awhile. We spend time together doing other things but I was never really attracted to her personality enough to make her a girlfriend.

In the mean time I have been going on other dates and planning them.

Just today she came over and we talked a little bit and I started to act sort of strange by almost beginning to have sex but then stopping because I wanted to save my "energy" if you will for later.

I eventually became honest to her about this and she obviously was upset. I guess it wasn't so clear to me that she had feelings for me before but she revealed that to me and I said I would only be interested in polygamy.

But basically I finally broke into the topic of a potential relationship and that it would probably not happen between us again. She said she wouldn't have sex with me if I was doing it with other people, I told her I understood and didn't argue.

She left and I feel really guilty about it. But at the same time I feel like there was something "truthful"/"good" in what I had done.. What do you guys think? I feel weird about this all
>>
>>17670465
You did everything right. You were honest & upfront about what kind of relationship you're looking for with her. It wasn't what she wanted to hear, but I guarantee you it would have hurt her more in the long run had you been dishonest & fucked her.
>>
>>17670477
>had you been dishonest & fucked her.

Which it had been before. I feel guilty about it but I hope its something she learns from to.

I really didnt know what I was doing and felt that we could just do the things we did with no feelings. I guess this goes to show I need male friends.
>>
>>17670508
Sorry, my bad, I hadn't read your post carefully.

I still think you're fine though. When you start dating a new partner, you shouldn't assume exclusivity. I mean, if you had wanted to be totally upfront and bring it up yourself before having sex with her the first time, that would have been extra-careful and good of you, but that fact that you didn't isn't a problem.

>felt that we could just do the things we did with no feelings
That is... look, it's POSSIBLE but super difficult and rare. We're biologically wired to grow affectionate with people we have sex with. A frank discussion is always a good idea if you don't know where you stand.
>>
File: 1470537255421.gif (3MB, 413x233px)
1470537255421.gif
3MB, 413x233px
>>17670465

You knew she had feelings for you. You knew she would be upset if she found out you were fucking other people. You didn't tell her about your intentions on dating other people in the beginning because you knew if you did she wouldn't have sex with you.

By the book you did everything right but its also correct to feel weird about it. There was an unspoken thing going on that you didn't address because it benefited you to leave it in the dark.

Let this be a learning experience. Be honest even if it means you won't get to have sex. You kind of played her but I don't think it makes you a bad person, just young and dumb. We've all been there.
>>
>>17670571
>>17670465

>But at the same time I feel like there was something "truthful"/"good" in what I had done..

Also, don't pat yourself on the back for this. Being truthful eventually and being truthful aren't the same thing. I know its normal for guys to sort of play out the unspoken exclusivity thing as long as they can for the purpose of sex and, to be fair, its not necessarily fair for her to blow up over an aspect of the relationship neither of you had attempted to clarify but don't give yourself a gold star because you kind of knew what you were doing when you avoided telling her about the other girls.

Withholding information is still a form of lying. Like I said, I don't think you consciously attempted to hurt this girl but through a series of selfish choices you just didn't do anything to stop it. You're not evil or shitty you're just young. Its a completely normal adolescent thing that you will eventually learn your lesson about.
Thread posts: 6
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.