[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

conflicted on parenthood

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2

File: son-meme-bebop.png (286KB, 500x432px) Image search: [Google]
son-meme-bebop.png
286KB, 500x432px
so me and my girlfriend have always agreed that we don't want to have children. it doesn't really fit into our lifestyle and we'd rather save the money we make in our lifetime for things like travel, a decent house, comfortable living, career investments, our hobbies, treating ourselves once in a while, sending money to our parents, etc. we also feel the world is kind of an ugly place right now and we wouldn't want our child to suffer in it

on top of that, neither of us have a "nurturing" instinct when it comes to kids. we barely have patience for them, my girlfriend hates the idea of having a baby inside her for 9 months, and I cringe at the thought of dealing with the same things my father had to deal with as I was growing up

though I still feel that way about those things, lately I've been wondering... what's it gonna be like when we're old? who's going to take care of us? am I going to die feeling unfulfilled because I never got to pass on everything I've learned in my life? when one of us dies, who's going to be there for the other person?

I know it's probably too early in my life to worry about these this, but what could I do, /adv/?
>>
bump. pls help
>>
Fleeting thoughts and nothing else. Who will take care of you? If you can maintain your health and go to the doctor on a yearly basis, you should be able to freely move on your own into your 70s. It all depends on your fortitude of keeping healthy.

Pass on everything you learned? Why? Why not let them figure out life? Be a happy couple that can spend time with each other and are able to afford the better things in life in the future.
>>
>>17670111
Part of the reason life is hard is because we must, necessarily, every day, make decisions without having all of the information. You can't know with 100% that ANY decision you make is the best one. The best we can do is to work with the information we have.

It sounds to me like you have a bunch of very good reasons not to have kids. Are you going to be lonely when you're old? Probably, sometimes. Are you going to second-guess your decision? Almost certainly. Are these reasons to have kids? Fuck no.

You're doing ok, OP.
>>
File: Chisato.jpg (67KB, 480x880px) Image search: [Google]
Chisato.jpg
67KB, 480x880px
Having children is a gigantic decision that a lot of people make on really flimsy grounds. If you are not 100% sure that you want children I think you shouldn't have them. A lot of the fears you are expressing manifest from society's pressure to have children. It's really not worth taking the leap over because it's not a decision you can reverse and it will come to define the rest of your life.
>>
>>17670111
Google the parent happiness gap. It's a real thing, especially if you're an american.
>>
>>17670111
>we also feel the world is kind of an ugly place right now and we wouldn't want our child to suffer in it
You are such a cliche.
>>
>>17670485
>>17670488
>>17670493
>>17670526
thank you anons, I'm second-guessing myself a little less now. I figure having to deal with 18+ years of added stress, responsibilities, and expenses just to have someone to take care of you when you're old probably isn't worth it

>>17670549
I know it sounds cliche, but have you actually given it some thought? with the amount of internal conflict the US in particular is going through right now, I feel it's just not the time or place I'd like to raise a kid. however, the entire list of other reasons heavily outweighs this one, this was just kind of a minor thought
>>
Here, watch this and reflect on it:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aEzMwNBjkAU
>>
Yea, just don't have kids if you don't want to. Nothing noble about shittng out a fresh generation of cannon fodder. But the sad thing is that you two at least have self-awareness, so you would probably be better than average parents. The people who reproduce nowadays dont have those thoughts.

So if you did have kids all their peers would be non-white mongoloids or trailer park rape babies. Probably best not to reproduce.
>>
Talk to HER about it. Don't bother with us!
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.