[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What do YOU believe makes a "good/bad" person?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1

File: 711.jpg (299KB, 750x750px) Image search: [Google]
711.jpg
299KB, 750x750px
What do YOU believe makes a "good/bad" person?
>>
>>17670089

Where's the need for advice here?
>>
I don't think a person can be "good" or "bad" it's just the choices they make. Morality itself is actually just a construct created by humanity.

In my opinion, it is the actions a person takes. Acting in your own self-interest is not bad, but purposefully hurting others unnecessarily is "bad". You also don't have to be a martyr to be "good"; just don't be a huge dick and help people if you are in a position to and it doesn't impact you negatively.
>>
Commitment to being a good person, even if that means facing uncomfortable truths about yourself.

For me two people can commit the same crime, but if person A feels guilty and acts on that feeling/leaves it be despite it being uncomfortable and hurtful, and person B doesn't care or feels some guilt then immediately jumps on rationalizing how it wans't their fault/responsibility etc so the bad feelings go away, person A isn't neccessarily a bad person and person B is.

Not the full story obviously but a quick example to illustrate that I think valuing being a good person in itself (and not just as something to wave around but as a goal to work towards, invest in, bleed for) is the important part.

Though there's also a difference between a really "good person" and someone who is simply a good person in the sense that they're not a bad person, their faults are everyday human flaws and so on.
>>
>>17670116
>actually just a construct created by humanity

What is the point of this? Whether someone is attractive is a construct created by humanity. Whether someone is a good politician or violin player is a construct created by humanity. Being flirty or shy or dominant are constructs created by humanity.

What would even be the conclusion of that statement? That it doesn't matter? Because we sure tend to care about constructs created by people.
>>
>>17670149

Not the same Anon, but it's good to keep in mind Cultural Distance.

When you remember that all that stuff you described are constructs, you keep in mind each society and even each group inside the same society might feel different about all of them.

There's no absolute Good/Evil dichotomy. It's always good to remember that.
>>
>>17670161
Yeah, but OP asked for individual perspectives.
>>
>>17670149
Same anon that put the "construct of humanity BS" here!
I basically just meant that the whole idea of GOOD VS EVIL is created by human cultures in general and so is not as straight-forward as OP implied in the question. Basically just meant it's open to interpretation and subjective.
>>
If you're always honest, you can't be a bad person. Unless you're a rapist or murderer or some shit.
>>
>>17670196
Isn't OP asking for specifically what our individual take on it is especially because it is not objective? He even added the quotation marks to leave room for people to argue the premise.

I can see why you included it, it was just a knee jerk reflex because I see the whole "morality is a construct" thing thrown around all the time if it comes up, like it's some sort of really profound statement, and by this point it's become a pet peeve because people happily argue about all kinds of other subjective/constructed stuff without needing to acknowledge that they're talking about an individual interpretation of something cultural/social...
>>
"Do no harm and take no shit"

Particularly the first part.
>>
>>17670089
As a real nigga, I think it's a little bit of both like this anon said >>17670303
>>
>>17670089
"Good" and "bad" are spooks.
>>
>>17670116
>Putting "bad" in quotes
>Muh moral relativism

Lol, either you're bad person yourself or you've never been out in the real world long enough.
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.