[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Younger brother is an arrogant little twat

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 1

File: 1476394108395.jpg (95KB, 653x490px) Image search: [Google]
1476394108395.jpg
95KB, 653x490px
My little brother (14) has a lot of problems with his temper. It has gotten worse since he was 8. Me and my parents just don't know how to put him back on the right track because at this pace he'll end in prison.

He has no problem at school. In fact, he went to one of the most prestigious school of our province (top 5). He had excellent grades, especially in maths, science and history but his attitude is horrible. He is arrogant, he doesn't listen, he answers back etc... He doesn't respect father and mother and he barely even listens to me. He gets rilled up very quick like if you say something bad against him, he immedietly starts to say oh my god and exasperates.

I don't want to brag myself but he is in the top 1% at school, when he actually gives a damn to study. He was about to get expelled from his last school but we pulled him out because it was just a matter of time. We enlisted him to another prestigious school, thinking that it was the environnement that was too toxic. Everything went well, he even has better grades than before until today where he got himself in all kinds of trouble.

He has no conception of authority...even though my father is pretty rough in general. He has some friends and often plays video games (minecraft and lately overwatch). I often go out with him, doing all kinds of activities.

Please help
>>
My older brother has some pretty big temper issues, along with a fair share of arrogance and a very negative additude. Doubt he will ever end up in prison or anything like that, but I do fear that he will alienate people with the way that he acts and ultimately end up sad, angry and alone. I hope it doesn't come to that, but all I really can do is hope.

I've talked to him many times about this and he refuses to listen. As such, i've asked others about how I can help him change, and perhaps some of the best advice I have recieved on the subject is that you can't force people to change. No matter how much you care or want to help them, only they can make the changes to their life and additude and improve themselves.

It sucks, I know, I really do, but therereally isn't much you can do. I'd say be willing to support and assist them if they ever come around, but that willonly ever happen if they decide to do so.
>>
>>17670173
My brother has so much potential but every word that comes out of his mouth is like venom and my father is having serious regrets about immigrating in this country, made so much sacrifices to be treated like shit. My brother even once said he wished my father ceased to exist. I have beaten him up a few times because I just couldn't stand his shitty attitude. We did went to a psychiatrist once but didn't help at all
>>
>>17670188
Well I don't know if I would beat him up if I were you. If he throws a punch first, then fine, it's alright to retaliate, but i'd say simply besting him to make him stop acting up either won't work or will just make it worse.

As for everthing else in your post, i'm sorry to hear that he acts like that. It may have to do with the fact that he's 14, what with how a lot of teenagers act up and have rebelious behavoir and all that. Have you told him about how you feel? Like how you feel he is a smart individual with a whole lot of potential? Or tried to talk to him about how he makes everyone he talks poorly to (like your father) feel?

Not saying any of this stuff will work, it hasn't really worked for my brother, but it could get him thinking, which may ignite a want to change in him. Or not. As I said, you can't force him to change, it he wants to continue to act like a complete asshole to everyone, then he will, no matter how you or anyone else may feel about it. It's unfortunate yes, but it's just how it is i'm sorry to say.
>>
>>17670012
Your brother sounds a lot like me at that age actually.

Do you think he would take up a hobby that he can channel that anger into?
I wish I started going to the gym and doing martial arts when I was that age, it would of kept me out of so much trouble.
>>
>>17670255
I often want to sign him up but he has no motivation. He did hockey for a long time but it never changed his behavior
>>
>>17670188
>We did went to a psychiatrist once but didn't help at all
Why didn't it work out? That would be pretty much the ideal thing to do here.
Thread posts: 7
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.