[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Baking soda vs cancer

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 1

File: baking-soda-with-spoon-480x319.jpg (30KB, 480x319px) Image search: [Google]
baking-soda-with-spoon-480x319.jpg
30KB, 480x319px
my mum has melanoma and recently she read online that baking soda cures cancer. she dissolves a teaspoon baking soda in a glass of hot water and drinks it three times a day. i'm no doctor but this is unhealthy, right? i'm afraid for her stomach and general health. i understand searching for medical advice here is stupid, but i just want some reassurance.
ps: she's seeing a doctor, baking soda isn't her only remedy, but still i don't think drinking that shit is okay even for a healthy person, am i right?
>>
>>17669380
I think its ok if its dissolved.
>I'm no doctor.
>>
>>17669380
I dont see how it could hurt

Try asking a doctor on JustAnswer
>>
Not getting her cancer treated will kill her faster than the baking soda will
>>
nigga just google it

it seems harmless, tho I doubt it'll cure her cancer

as long as she's pursuing other treatments and not going full steve jobs it isn't really a problem

your mother is probably feeling scared and powerless and this goofy home cure is at least giving her some sense of agency with the whole thing. Don't give her shit for that
>>
>>17669380
It's not necessarily unhealthy.
The myth that baking soda cures cancer is related to the effect of cancer on blood (it causes a slight acid pH in the area around the tumor, Warburg effect) but drinking baking soda has absolutely no effect on the blood.
While baking soda is basic, the stomach and the digestion process nullify its basic pH and nothing gets in the blood.
It might hurt her stomach, but I'm not sure.
Tell your mom to stop doing it, it's silly.
>>
>>17669380
That's a fuck ton of sodium. I think the idea behind it is that cancer doesn't like an alkaline environment. However taking baking soda isn't gonna do shit. If she gets a placebo effect from it and it makes her feel good, I wouldn't stop her, just suggest she do it once a day instead. Also, consult a doctor about that sodium intake.

Although if she has cancer, too much sodium is probably the least of her worries.
>>
>>17669404
this

your mom has cancer so don't give her shit for ANYTHING unless it's straight up worse than cancer
>>
I drank a lot of baking soda when I had a uti.
>>
>>17669395
>>17669397
i'm worried bc it's alkaline, it's quite aggressive i guess
>>17669410
i wouldn't interfere with anything she's willing to try, but i'm worried it might add up to health problems
>>
>>17669380
Whip it in the glass, nigga.
>>
>>17669380
>this is unhealthy, right?
Not really. Baking soda in dissolved and drinkable quantities is pretty much harmless. At worst she'll get gassy, but i'd say that the placebo-effect gained far outweighs that.
>>
Drinking that much baking soda is going to seriously fuck with the PH in her stomach. I do not think it's going to help beat her cancer in that form. She will have a hard time digesting anything because her stomach acid will be completely suppressed and food will just ferment in her stomach instead of breaking down.

Baking soda kills cancer cells but only intravenously and not without risk. The doctor who figured this out was run out of town because someone died while undergoing treatment and intravenous baking soda treatment has been scorned ever since.
>>
>>17670545
I'm relatively certain it won't affect her ability to digest food in a significant fashion. Stomach acid is already at a low enough concentration to the point where drinking water can offset an upset stomach, but it's not like drinking water afflicts people the same way gluten affects people with celiac disease.

Granted, if she's drinking dissolved baking soda water with every meal, it might cause some indigestion. At worst, her blood pressure will rise, because the reaction between HCl (stomach acid) and NaHCO3 (backing soda) forms salt.
>>
I think baking soda has a lot of salt, and if there's something in it that helps with cancer, then she probably needs to separate that specific thing and up the dose of whatever it is. However, without a doctors supervision, it probably will make her sick.

She should go to Mexico or some other country and see what their health systems have to offer besides chemo.
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.