[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Catfishing?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 1

Two part question here.

1. What would drive someone to catfish someone else? Any insights?

2. Are there any decent ways to check on how legit someone is outside of reverse image search, social media searches, and of course, meeting them in person?

Long story short, this cute 20 year old on a dating site and I started talking, and I immediately accused her of being fake (I actually sent the first message), since I thought I'd seen her picture before. Her profile pic showed up on two other sites, but all of the information was the same, and she said she was on them too. Everything is really checking out, I can't find her pics anywhere else.

"She" got pissed at first when I called her fake, but our conversation has been good since.

I just have a healthy amount of doubt on all of this, but besides the three dating sites and not having a social media account (that I can find), she's starting to seem legit.

Is this all fake?
>>
>>17667801
it's like trolling but an extremely fucked up version where the guy is basically a sociopath. He craves the attention and reactions he gets over the internet because he can fantasize about them in a way that satisfies him because he can't actually get it from real people.
and you would be surprised how devious and good at lying these people are. If you can't find her it's probably fake. Unless you can get her to send you photos with some kind of verification then its fake.
>>
>>17667801

It is really actually very easy. It's called

video chat aka skype.

Very easy.
>>
>>17667801
>1. What would drive someone to catfish someone else? Any insights?
I tried it once on tinder, just as an exercise in to figure out how girls behave when chatting with a 10/10 Chad, and how far I could go as Chad.
But when it came to scheduling a real meeting, I stalled it for a bit, and then made some excuse about already having found someone else (it's tinder after all), so I cant give you any input about what would drive someone to keep going and going. Apart from that stupid lust for "nudez", but that is mostly a guy thing I'd guess.
>2. Are there any decent ways to check on how legit someone is
Ask for some timeestamed pic, or the classic shoe on head or something. Just try to ask her in a non creepy way.
>>
>>17667801
Probably fake, because who would really want to keep talking to some sperglord who insulted them right away?
>>
>>17667801
If you suspect someone is catfishing, immediately and completely sever contact. The trolls do it for the feeling of power they get over other people, and it infuriates them to be beaten to the punch.
Thread posts: 6
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.