[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is it fate? Is it a learned skill? Are some guys just destined

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 1

File: Lumbridge_Castle.png (270KB, 511x334px) Image search: [Google]
Lumbridge_Castle.png
270KB, 511x334px
Is it fate? Is it a learned skill?

Are some guys just destined to be alone forever?

Ever since literally preschool I've been shy and socially anxious, and the same guys were outgoing and capable of making tons of girl friends.

Should I just give up and become gay?
>>
>>17667559
>Should I just give up and become gay?

Kek, there is a HUGE chunk of 4chan doing just that. They take it in turns to dress up as women.
>>
>>17667559
>Is it a learned skill?
This.

OP I'm not the most outgoing guy out there. In fact I'm more of a shut-in, and on top of that I'm too shy to hit on girls. If I do I get attached and I fuck everything up.

I'm currently having therapy, and my psychologist has told me how most of my shyness and all of my fears have been mostly learned thanks to my parents. Conservative dad, unsociable mom, issues at school, among others. She told me I'd recover in 5 months and see results in 2, so maybe you should seek for therapy as well.
>>
>>17667559
>the same guys were outgoing and capable of making tons of girl friends

Just act like these people. About 80% of advice posts could be solved if they just acted like these people. Girls don't want to go out with you if you talk about your wookie costume or your lego collection, but they do want to go out with you if you lift weights and have a decent job. This isn't remotely unfair, it's just the way people work.
>>
im going to assume the bulk of your post is rhetorical.

go talk to people, go to meetups that cater to your interests.
>>
>>17667723
I don't lift but I have a great job, I am in the 99th percentile of earnings for people my age

It doesn't matter because I literally have no acquaintances and there are literally no single girls where I live, it's too fucking expensive they all have boyfriends who they leech off of.
>>
Why do you think so many people are gay? I mean I'm a shutin so my only metric is popular Youtubers. But, the reason I guess is because it's tough to deal with failure, plus somehow they can stand homo sex without puking or something.

I need to be told what to say. If I had a script or something like that my anxiety disappears. Besides that the only plan I can think up is to ask people to be my gf. Even if I wanted to try PUA shit, I'd have to have some stuff. Genetics I mean. Perhaps people like us aren't fit to mate.
>>
>>17667723
I'm gonna tell you this is terrible advice for a reason.

People are the way they are because of deep rooted mindsets. Abusive parents, psychological traumas, and many other things that can make a person withdraw and focus on some other things, eventually shaping the personality up.

And no matter if you could lift or something, if you have stuff like social phobia not even a ton of muscular mass is going to make you not fear people.

There's the story of an elephant who was raised with a leg tied to a wooden pillar, and no matter how much the little guy tried to tug on it he knew he wouldn't be able to escape. When he grew into a larger elephant, all it took for the elephant to stay on place was to tie a rope around a stake. He wouldn't even try because he deep within believed he had no chance to get out even if all it took was to pull on the stake.

Mindsets are everything. And changing them is no easy task.
>>
>have literal autism
>Conversation skills are far better than they used to be but still lacking
>All women say I have an "off"look to me despite trying to dress tidy and look decent, it's off-putting to them
>20 years old, 9 rejections

Sometimes it feels like it, OP. I wish I could like cock so much.
>>
>>17667754
>There's the story of an elephant who was raised with a leg tied to a wooden pillar, and no matter how much the little guy tried to tug on it he knew he wouldn't be able to escape. When he grew into a larger elephant, all it took for the elephant to stay on place was to tie a rope around a stake. He wouldn't even try because he deep within believed he had no chance to get out even if all it took was to pull on the stake.
Poor African doggo
>>
>>17667775

28 years old here. I stopped trying years ago. Eventually it stops bothering you.
>>
>>17667754
I really appreciate this post OP

I feel like that elephant except my dick is tied to my screen instead of vagooners
>>
>>17667754

Stop implying that every single person posting here has went through a trauma or has actual, existing mental health issues.

Working on yourself, whether it means lifting, studying, or just socializing is worth it. Work for the body you want to see in the mirror. Work for the grade/job you want to have. Work for the life you want to live.

That's all it fucking is.

Just stop that "Be yourself" bullshit and get to work. If being yourself doesn't work out, then ditch that stupid ass idea. People change, so should you. Being a neet is a sign as clear as any.
>>
>>17667775

>20 years old, 9 rejections

Lmao cry me a river. 9 rejections is nothing.

I'm not an autist and I stopped counting rejections long ago. It just happens when you're trying to find a match.
>>
>>17668085
I've had 0 rejections every girlfriend I've had has pursued me but I still feel sorry for myself because I can't find a girlfriend

Aint it pathetic
>>
>>17668007
kek

>>17668046
I'm not OP though

>>17668082
>every single person posting here has went through a trauma or has actual, existing mental health issues.
You'd be surprised.

>Working on yourself, whether it means lifting, studying, or just socializing is worth it.
Oh I'm not saying any of that is worthless, you're right on saying that it does help a bunch. But don't expect people to change their mindsets suddenly because they're working their asses out or studying something fulfilling. Mental health is far more complex than that, and you're seriously oversimplifying a much deeper issue.

Hint: If mental issues were this easy to deal with, psychologists would be unemployed.
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.