[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Legal question

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 1

Can a fellow employee be fired over telling me something a manager they overheard saying to another manager?

I was told a manager was saying something disparaging about myself by a fellow worker. I inquired the store manager about it refusing to give their name. Was it illegal for him to ask me that and can the other employee be fired if they found out who it was?
>>
Guess I asked this question too late
>>
If you live in the US, probably. You can be fired for pretty much anything in the US, employees have next to no rights
>>
>>17665246
as with all legal questions you need to tell us wher eyou are or nobody can help you

the law is different country to country, and varies further by state/province/region
>>
>>17665246
There is no law against gossiping.

On the other hand, in most places a boss can find a legal excuse to fire anyone.
>>
>>17665295
Sure, kiddo
>>
>>17665526
It's true, inbred. Unless told otherwise, you are employee at will. You can leave at any time and they can fire you at any time, even for no reason, provided it fits discrimination laws.

You should always have a backup ready if htere's much chance of getting canned in the US.
>>
>>17665526
I'm a law student. I think I know what I'm talking about.
>>
>>17665526
He's right you mongoloid. With the exception of discrimination laws you have no recourse and can be terminated for literally anything if there is no written contract in place (and good luck getting it enforced in at will employment state anyway).
>>
>>17665246
If you're from Australia i know you could not get fired if your part/full time worker under the Fairwork Act 2007. If you do, that would certainly be unfair dismissal.
If you're causal, you're fucked boi
Thread posts: 10
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.