[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I think that you might think I might be highly narcissistic

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 1

File: leafy.jpg (19KB, 332x332px) Image search: [Google]
leafy.jpg
19KB, 332x332px
I think that you might think I might be highly narcissistic

I more than once came up with philosophical concepts and shit before I knew they existed

I think im pretty objective and that I see things differently from everyone else

all the time Im saying things not because I mean them but because I know what people would think if im were to be honest, they wouldnt believe im being honest. and saying certain things is more efficient than saying the truth

I feel like my perspective is always more objective, not because its mine but because I have no issue in accepting im wrong so my opionions constantly get closer to an objective truth, plus I seek to be objective

there is an objective truth, because we cant and will never see it doesnt mean we shouldn't strive for it
people tend to say shit like "to each their own" when I tell them my opionions but my "own" isnt my "own", my "own" is what I think to be the truth so either one or both of us are extremely wrong if our interpretations of truth are that different

Is there a value to the things I think? am I brilliant? I dont think I am and I seek to be as objective as I can most of the time
but I want some sort of validation, id like to believe im something

(pic is an example of a highly subjective person that, if I were able to feel hate, id hate)
>>
>I more than once came up with philosophical concepts and shit before I knew they existed

Oh right so, you 'came up with philosophical concepts' that have existed for hundreds of years before you even knew about them. Think about it, these ideas have permeated culture, they are embedded in our daily lives. What I mean to say is, most people can make that claim because the ideas are ALREADY FUCKING THERE.

THINK ABOUT ALL THE MEDIA YOU HAVE CONSUMED CONSTANTLY THAT WILL INFLUENCE YOU, AND NOT IN A LITERAL WAY BUT IN A MORE SUBTLE, SUBCONSCIOUS WAY.

Also, there is no such thing as originality.

>there is an objective truth, because we cant and will never see it doesnt mean we shouldn't strive for it

So;

>there is a god, because we cant and will never see it doesnt mean we shouldn't strive for it

You need to learn to write or communicate your ideas better for a start.

And I think a person is inherently subjective.

tl;dr - just because you feel something doesn't make it true in the slightest. Shut up.
>>
>>17664716
>>17664794
Listen to this guy OP

You didn't come up with these concepts, you absorbed them by osmosis from movies and books and listening to people talk and tangentially reference them

Yeah you may be smarter than average, but some are billions of other people

If you can't apply your knowledge in a technical real-world way then you are not intelligent. Intelligence is being able to manifest the innards of your mind as real world effects.
>>
>I think that you might think I might be highly narcissistic

Honestly, OP, I don't think anything about you at all.
>>
>>17664794
Im not the kind of person you think I am
you obviously have some intense dislike towards me, you already made the choice to hate me and there is nothing I can do to stop you. even if I make sense and I explain why im not who you think I am

im my post I was being totally honest, that is what I actually believe

I more than once came up with philosophical concepts and shit before I knew they existed
like nihilism, altruism, fallacies, etc
I thought about things other people have already proposed
thought experiments, whatever

that is true (I think its true), what is also true is that even if those concepts never existed and I was the first persont to think about them I wouldnt be the next (or first rather) Nietzsche or whoever (I have never read a book about philosophy, all I know is from videos on youtube and what I came up on my own (wich is still philosophy even if its wrong, dumb or obvious)

Im barely above average, I get frustrated becuase im (barely) smart enough to have a taste of what it feels like to be smart but not enough that it matters
what I mean by that is that in preschool I was better than my mates at solving basic critical thinking riddles and exercises, and even then there were smarter people than me that were better at it

im came to terms with that. im grateful of what I am yet its painful when I see actually smart people.
growing up being told you were very smart and one day realizing how smart you actually are is soul crushing. its hard having to settle

>Think about it, these ideas have permeated culture
na its not because of that
if you, for example, start thinking about happiness and life for a while you ought to come up with the thought of what if you could hook into a machine that would make you as happy as you can be for as long as you are alive?

I just chose to ride the train thoughts that would lead me to those places, it doesnt mean im smart it just means I went somewhere most people dont.
why? idk depression maybe?
>>
>>17664794
>>17665224
>continued

>Also, there is no such thing as originality.
that is not true at all, I dont know what your point is but thats not true

>So;

>there is a god, because we cant and will never see it doesnt mean we shouldn't strive for it
thats not what I said, what does god have to do with this? please explain what you meant

its an objective truth that everything I say can be wrong
you have a subjective idea of what an objective truth is and its very likely influenced by the image of me you have
I dont know what the objective truth is, and I know I will never fully know anything, but because its unreachable doesnt mean that I should settle for the opposite

you know when people say to "each their own"? some situations allow opinions, others dont (who allows them? no one, im just making a point)

should you decide if your kid is circumcised? no
does that mean that you shouldnt make the decision to circumcise your kid? not always

everything is relative, the more you know the less certain you can be (in some situations at least)

>You need to learn to write or communicate your ideas better for a start.
I do
Im terrible at expressing what I believe, because most of the time my ideas arent fully baked plus im very disorganized
that is a clear example of why im far from being the person I wanted to be growing up
I have adhd also

>And I think a person is inherently subjective.
you are so certain of what you think its true that you deliberately choose to ignore other ideas
im not saying this is the case, im saying you cant ever be sure of anything ever

>tl;dr - just because you feel something doesn't make it true in the slightest. Shut up.
what do I feel? I asked for /adv/'s opinion
>>
>>17664830
that hurts my feelings anon because the purpose of this post is to attract attention to me, anon

I can be sarcastic sometimes
>>
>>17664819
I didnt meant to say that I came up with those concepts, I came up with my own
my thoughts will never be in a book and even if they did, no one will remember for it

> but so are billions of other people
Im aware

>If you can't apply your knowledge in a technical real-world way then you are not intelligent
then philosophers arent intelligent
>Intelligence is being able to manifest the innards of your mind as real world effects
says you

im not intelligent, at least not enough that it matters
Im aware of that too, dont worry anon
>>
id love it if someone stopped being so personal and start replying to the things they read, not the highly narcisstic, retard anon behind them
Thread posts: 9
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.