[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Style

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 53
Thread images: 13

File: Screenshot_20160911-170454.png (2MB, 1440x2560px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_20160911-170454.png
2MB, 1440x2560px
So was just in /soc/ and did a 'rate me' and pretty much got the responses i was expecting.
>4/10

what do I gotta do to just look better. Style choices and all that. Gonna post a few pics of myself in various outfits from various times in my life.

Side note, I have very shit luck on dating sites and no idea why other than i look like a potato.
>>
File: FB_IMG_1473436054145.jpg (38KB, 639x960px) Image search: [Google]
FB_IMG_1473436054145.jpg
38KB, 639x960px
the kid is my godson
>>
>>
File: 20160602_212557.jpg (1MB, 2592x1944px) Image search: [Google]
20160602_212557.jpg
1MB, 2592x1944px
>>
>>17664688

you tried a razor?
>>
>>17664715
>>
>>17664743

have you ever tried a razor AND a haircut?

jesus christ man you look like a woman in that pic. but that doesn't mean you have to go full 180 to compensate.

1) shave
2) haircut
3) button up shirts

4) maybe start lifting or running or something.
>>
>>17664758
Cant do lifting due to a neurological disorder where my nerves have sporatic input that causes uneven muscle flexing, which destroys any form of workout, even went to a doctor to see about gaining muscle. Sucks.

I bike 2 hours a day.

The most recent one is the 1st pic.
>>
>>17664772
you can still do 1-3

can you do body weight workout?
>>
>>17664776
No, doctors have deemed it to cause undue stress on the joints.
The workouts i can do is swimming and biking for cardio and keep my weight in check.

>My godson again.
>>
>>17664776
more explanation, the main issue is that the nerve disease causes atrophy of the muscles, so i have to workout double time just to alleviate the deterioration before any actual gain can be seen.
>>
>>17664691
Never use a pic with a kid in it on dating sites. Idk who the fuck came up with the whole "babies get chicks" meme because the first thing I assume when I see a dude with a child on a dating site, is that it's his. Most people don't wanna potentially be responsible for someone else's bastard.

However, this is probably the best pic regardless. Suits always make people look better, plus this is your best hair style. Looks like you have a receding hairline, it sucks I know, but you gotta work with it

>>17664696
This is cringy af. Especially with all the anime posters lmao.
>>17664700
you cannot pull off long hair, never do it again.
>>17664772
These glasses suit you best, thick rims help you.

And overall, lose weight.
>>
>>17664791
i never use the kid pics on dating sites. that is an obvious one.
And yea, i have a bad widows peak and if you look at the pick from >>17664743 that is my dad. so yea it runs in the family.
I just got home from a concert in San Bernadino. That mask was to stop the dust storms from tearing my face up. And hey i like anime, no shame in my hobbies. but yea but yea i get ya.
I agree with the glasses. and I am trying my damnedest to lose weight. but broke budget and the nerve thing is really kicking my ass with it.
>>
>>17664791
when i was younger i thought i could pull off the long hair. had contacts in this one. but yea as i grew older and started gaining weight, i really lost out on it. which sucks cause I am a huge metal fan and love the long hair, metal & punk look.
>>
Shave
Meditate
Get hair cut shorter on the back and sides (you look like you get your head shaved once every two years)
Lose a bit of weight (As you bike just cut carbs)

I think clothing is the biggest issue at the moment, you look like you wear things because you like them. Now, that's kind of fine, but it's also how 10 year old boys tend to dress "I like robots, so robot t-shirt!".

Not to be too insulting, but try to go for plainer clothes and think about putting outfits together. Ideally, reasonably tight-fitting plain clothes are ideal- you need to learn about your own style and what works for you.

Muted colours are good, but think about what goes with what. For example;

Don't wear a red jumper and green trousers.
Don't wear a hoodie and leather shoes.

Do more research too.
>>
>>17664803
Losing weight is like, 70% diet man. Cut calories and do your best on exercise and you'll lose. Check the /fit/ sticky on weight loss.

Frankly though, you have a couple decent pictures that show potential. You're never going to be a 10, but if you lost weight, particularly if you can manage to lose some pudge from your face, and just overall work on your fashion/aesthetic, you can bump up to a 6 at least.
If you're gonna do online dating, use this pic as your main >>17664789
>>
Hey OP, could I mooch your thread? I could use some advice on how to get better too, but I'd hate to clog up the board with 2 threads on basically the same thing. Don't wanna steal your thunder tho either.
>>
>>17664818
yea i do not have the body for tight fit anything.
Any mostly i wear what i find comfortable over what is stylish, seeing as i dont have the money to go and buy decent outfits. I know my clothing is lacking, but will defiantly chalk it down for later.

>>17664818
Yea, im about to go on /fit/ and see about low budget diets with low carbs. My biggest issue is no car atm so im stuck with Chinese food at where I work and local fast food/ pizza delivery.
There isnt a grocery store near my place, but loads of junk food places. so I have just gone to eating less and hoping i can cut through it.

>>17664826
go a head man.
>>
Why do you always choose such tiny glasses frames? They make you look like an annoying nerdy freak. Get a pair that is vertically wider and thick rimmed or better yet, wear no glasses at all. Shave your facial completely, don't even try that "sexy stubble" look, facial hair makes you look creepy for some reason. Go to the salon and get a short haircut, maybe leave it a bit longer on the top make sure that you don't have sideburns. Get pants that fit you, there are no photos that include pants but it's safe to assume you're wearing really baggy ones, make sure to get some pants that actually fit you. Wear basic items, avoid logos.
>>
File: 360noscope october 16.png (1MB, 907x776px) Image search: [Google]
360noscope october 16.png
1MB, 907x776px
Thank you for your generosity OP,

So I've been on a self improvement kick for a while now. I know I'm still plenty pudgy, ive been working on the weight loss for years now, used to be a total whale, and I'm still at it. I'm just curious if there's anything I can/should do outside the general
>lose weight
to better my looks. Will post face too, since I think I have a lot of issue there too.

(Also do I have any business in leggings? Idk if I'm still too fat for this yet, this is babby's first pair)
>>
>>17664901
Oh, ignore the armpit bulge in the first pic, this sports bra does not fit, but it was the only "crop top" type thing I could pull out.
>>
Because of your hairline, I think you look better with bangs (keep them well groomed, though). The beard is cool. Other than that, general advice would be doing some cardio to lose some weight, and spend a little time outside to get a light tan. I definitely wouldn't call you ugly.
>>
>>17664901
Wat? Yeah you look slightly more than you should but compared to the average "thicc" woman you look fine .
>>
>>17664901
Your legs and ass look great in the leggings, but it makes your stomach look bigger. I'd say lose a bit more weight, then the leggings will suit you more.
Your figure is great so far, keep up the weight loss
>>
File: withwithout.jpg (304KB, 1204x1472px) Image search: [Google]
withwithout.jpg
304KB, 1204x1472px
>>17664901
And face. With glasses, without glasses. With makeup, without makeup.
I don't really /need/ glasses or anything, I just have issues reading at a distance, so going without them isn't an issue. I feel like I look better without though. And I feel like I look awful au natural too, need that makeup booster.
>>
>>17664924
How often do you wash your hair? It looks a bit greasy in these photos. That may just be the picture, and some peoples' hair just looks like that.

Other than that I would only suggest a little bit of tan, but that's personal preference
>>
>>17664924
I would ask you out in all cases but the bottom right.
>>
File: 20161012_224308.jpg (326KB, 672x672px) Image search: [Google]
20161012_224308.jpg
326KB, 672x672px
>>17664901
OP here, and i agree with everyone. you're making amazing progress, and are well within the range of "normal weight" and have an incredibly cute butt to boot.
>>17664924
Cute face, rate that at a solid 9/10 with the glasses.

And for everyone else. this any my next pic are of me, right now today. One with button up (it is 70 in my house and i was sweating balls in that. fresh antiperspirant was needed) and the other is my usual every-day look. (i am very much a winter person)
>>
The main issue I have with my face, is that it's incredibly wide. I have a pretty square jaw and I hate it, but I have absolutely no clue if/how I can correct that without surgery. Honestly, idk if this is a thing or not, but it got monumentally worse after I had my wisdom teeth out.
>>17664916
Its been a process, my highest was around 190. Shit was awful. This is about lower 30's.
Unfortunately though, its hard to tell in this pic but you can see the red marks in the front facing pic, I've got these awful stretchmarks around my belly button to show for that though. They're weird, it's like almost a perfect circle around.
>>17664920
Yeah, thankfully when I wear actual shirts with them it kinda hides the gut a bit better. I'm one of those "only looks good clothed" kinda people unfortunately. Got hit with the genetic ugly stick real hard.
I'm gunnin for somewhere between 115 and 120 personally. I'm relying mostly on cardio right now, because I don't have access to weights, nor do I know how to use them properly anyway.
>>17664931
Daily, my morning routine is wake up, 30 mins on the treadmill, then shower. The first 2 pics, if I recall, I think my hair was actually still slightly damp. Idk about the third, but the 4th was just taken. The lighting in this room is terrible though, it might be that. Doesn't feel greasy or anything.
>Tan
Fuck lol, it would have to be a spray tan. I have never once in my life ever tanned, just burned. I come from a strong line of pasty whiteys lol.
Actually, thats a lie lol. It's actually another one of those "shit genes" thing, because my sister got lucky enough to take after our maternal grandfather who tans gloriously. I however got followed after our pale ass parents. Tanning genes skipped my mom I guess lol.
>>17664935
kek that's what I thought. Makeup is necessary to pull, hopefully though I can pull a dude who will find other things to like about me that will be enough for him to overlook the shitty natural form.
>>
>>17664952
Hmm in a way, I kinda like the punk vest. But I feel like you need the bottoms to match at the very least. Like thinner legged pants, not necessarily skinny jeans or anything, just not as baggy.
The button down also looks fine on you.
A smile would also do wonders though, you wanna look presentable and approachable. RBF is a good people repellent.
>>
>>17664972
those "baggy jeans, are hugging the hell out of my thighs. I have bottle neck calfs due to muscle atrophy in the legs. so yay fat thigh and skinny calf. Makes all pants look weird.

And yea, i got bad case of RBF man. also been told my smile makes me look like a creeper though...
>>
>>17664920
Oh and another note, the band on the leggings is folded over, because I didn't want to hide the gut or anything so that might be part of it. the bands supposed to go over the muffin top to better conceal it lol. but I folded it down because concealing it is not my goal here
Don't get me wrong, I;ve got too much belly fat and I'm not trying to deny it lol
>>
>>17664977
Thats what I meant though, thinner calf.
But I understand the clothing buying woes. Having an hourglass figure is not as trendy in the fashion world as people seem to think. Getting a top big enough to get over the boobs usually means it's pretty large/long everywhere else.
>>
>>17665004
wait you can buy pants that have big thighs but get skinnier at the calf area???
>>
>>17665008
I would jokingly say you can get your jeans tailored, but that may actually be your best option.

Plus you have the added bonus of being able to brag about having tailored jeans.
>>
>>17665013
lol tailored clothing is a pipe dream right now xD
I shop at the discount bin at Goodwill.
>>
>>17665017
That's a habit you need to break
>>
>>17665019
tell my wallet that.
>>
>>17665008
Idk much about dudes clothing, but in the girl world they're called "straight leg jeans".
Then again though, it's normal in the girl world to have large thighs and thin calves.

But also this>>17665013
It's actually very easy to do yourself, you just gotta take in the inseam a bit from the knee down. Don't go too overboard or it'll look weird, but taking in a seam is very easy and basic sewing 101 I think everyone should know.
I've had plenty of basic sewing practice thanks to my height lmao. Basically every pair of jeans I've ever owned had to be hemmed at least 2 inches for my stumpy legs. Sometimes I had to alter in inseam a bit though too, since the "flare" of the jeans would be skewed then with the height difference.
>>
>>17664688
One of the best pics. Fuck the guy who mentioned shaving (preferably with a razor), the beard looks damn fine. Your hair looks lame tho, as do the glasses but the worst is the facial expression. With something better you'd be at least a 5. With better/no glasses and a haircut you have 5.5-6.5 potential, maybe even a 7 if you lose weight. (I am pretty picky and use 5 as average and never rated anybody beyond 9)

>>17664691
Horrible on every level but the smile and kid somewhat distract from the depth of the horribleness.
>>17664696
Something for the hidden folder on your HDD when you want to laugh about yourself with good friends.
>>17664700
Long hair doesn't work too well but overall fine, just ruined by the silly shirt and bandana.
>>17664772
Another pic for the secret folder.
>>17664783
Hm, short hair + beard - glasses could actually work.
>>17664789
Almost there. Your don't look like somebody is going to shot you. The glasses are somewhat better too. Only the hair doesn't work.

>>17664901
You look perfectly fine in leggings (coming from somebody who's exclusively into skinny chicks) Only upper arms and belly need some work.

>>17664924
The no makeup pic looks blurry as fuck, and you look like 12. All other pics are fine, just the angle in the glasses one is shitty (gotta lower your head) but it's probably the best overall ... which is kinda weird given how pretty your eyes are. One factor is probably that your hair looks a tiny bit more loose there, which is nice. Oh and opening the mouth when smiling is a good idea, you have decent teeth, so show em.

Clockwise starting with glasses, 6.5/10, nicetryFBI/10, 6/10, 5.8/10 (As mentioned before, my ratings are pretty harsh, bet you'd get a lot 7s on /soc/)
>>
>>17665022
ill see if i can find a guide online to self tailoring them. Ill give it a shot. No promises though, my hands are damn near useless (shakey and loss of motor function) i swear im not saying this just to gain pity. just a fact o life for me. i get by just fine.
>>
>>17664688
Hair a bit longer. Change those glasses. Beard is looking good man.
>>
>>17665025
kek nah those are about what I get on /soc/ too.
I tended to avoid open mouth smiles because 1, I don't actually have that good of teeth, the poor lighting was just working in my favor. I'd kill middle/high school me for ruining them if I could, now I just have to roll with the consequences of all that soda drinking and never brushing as a dumbass kid.
But the main reason is because of the wide face thing, when I open mouth smile I feel like my jaw just looks wider, and my face looks fatter.
>>
>>17665037
As long it's just the color you worry about, there is special toothpaste to brighten them up (my sis is obsessed with this shit) without doing too much damage; and the creepy "American smile white" is well ... creepy either way. The form itself looks damn fine for sure.

I am too damn sleepy to consider the ... uhh ... "facial logistics" in depth so sorrys if I am saying something completely wrong, but any smile is bound to make the jaw look wider, so I imagine that one with an open mouth will offset the wideness a bit.
>>
artofmanliness.com

Thank me later
>>
>>17664688
why do men take pictures at terrible angles?
>>
File: 1462492909886.png (810KB, 451x618px) Image search: [Google]
1462492909886.png
810KB, 451x618px
>>17664688
You look sharp without the glasses. Get better glasses.
Smile and be confident;
I know thats cheesy but your thoughts determine your appearance!
Decide on a style you enjoy and make it your own.
>>
>>17664810
yeah unfortunately that is literally the biggest turn off for the ladies

cut it short my man, looks a lot better on you
>>
>>17664688
For dating sites: find pictures that some other guy took of u in an social/nice/exciting/funny... situation. Just Selfies makes u look like a no fun person. Also smile. Also from this close distant Photos will make your face look stupit. Plus: fuck dating sites and go Outside.
>>
>>17664783
You look pretty decent here. Cut your hair like that and ditch the glasses
>>
>>17665556
Gonna agree with this guy. You actually look good without the glasses and the short hair. You look like you'd probably rape that kid in >>17664772

Work on your clothing as well though, you're swinging from drug addicted slacker to 70s slacker.
>>
>>17664924
You're pretty, desu!
Since you said your hair is damp in some of those, do you not use a hairdryer? I know it dries out your hair a bit, but it looks like you could use more volume. Your hair looks pretty limp. The top looks fine, but you should try asding volume to the sides, around your face and such. If dry hair ends up being an issue, switch to a mainly coconut oil based shampoo, or use coconut oil on your hair. It smells great and is great for moisturization. I love it, but I can't use it often or at all unless I shower the next day, because my hair is too oily and it makes me break out. So if you have excessive oily hair, it might be good for you to use a hairdryer anyway, and in that case I wouldn't switch shampoos.

Also I disagree with the anon that said you need a tan. Spray tans look terrible. From one pale as fuck femanon to another, leave your skin the way it is. If you spray tan or use tanning lotion, it'll end up being a huge mistake. It's not a natural look for you, so it won't look as good as you'd hope.

You really are beautiful though!
>>
>>17664688
shave
lose weight
stop wearing baggy metal shirts
Thread posts: 53
Thread images: 13

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.