[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How to live alone?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1

File: Yui_defeated.png (2MB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
Yui_defeated.png
2MB, 1920x1080px
Hi /adv/, so I was planning to leave my home and live on my own, I'm going to suffer but I have to do it.

This is my list of items I need, what am I missing?

Kitchen

>fridge (the most expensive item)
>a pot
>a pan
>cheap electric grill for cooking
>cheap dishes and fork/spoon/knifes...
>Somewhere to store food like beans/rice/pasta
>soap for dishes
>thing for cleaning dishes
>food

Bedroom
>mattress (expensive)
>somewhere to put clothes
>alarm clock
>computer (not necessary, also maybe too expensive because of power usage)
>sketchbook (so I don't get bored)

Bathroom

>soap
>toothbrush
>toothpaste
>shampoo
>towel
>toilet paper

Also, how much of my income should I spend on rent?

What is good for entertainment that is cheap and non electronic? (books are expensive so no)
>>
I'm moving out on the weekend, but I'm not suffering I just want my own apartment.

> Also, how much of my income should I spend on rent?
Something like a quarter or a third of your income after tax, depends on the area.

Landlords is required to provide "white goods" like fridges, at least where I live.
Do you really need food storage? where can you find a house without cupboards.

Anyway here's some... scissors, lamp shades, conditioner, bleach, salt/pepper, pizza tray.

If you can't even afford power, borrow a pile of books from the library if you can do that in your country.
>>
You're going to want a lot more cleaning supplies for starters. Outside of the shit you need to replenish frequently, like soap, toilet cleaner, shit like that, you're gonna want a vacuum, mop and broom, trash cans, etc. Especially since you'll likely live in a cheap shit hole that's gonna be filthy.
If you don't have access to a washing machine/dryer, you'll want to look into that. Laundomats will eat up your money quickly.
You'll want to invest in some safety items, such as a fire extinguisher if it's not provided for you, a rudimentary first aid kit with the basics, and some basic shit like candles/flashlights.

Also, protip, don't sweat your electricity too much. I'll tell you, I've got 3 people living in my house, and 90% of our monthly electric bill is running the AC. In the summer, our bill is in the $200 range. In the spring and fall, it's like $50 because we just open windows and allow ourselves to be slightly uncomfortable (In the winter our gas bill spikes). If you want to save money on bills, sweat or shiver it out. (Keep in mind depending on where you live, in the winter you can't just shut your heat off all together because then your pipes will freeze and you will have a bad time.)
>>
>>17664632
>mattress

just get a futon.
a lot cheaper and the quality difference is marginal.

>computer

You expect me to believe you typed out all of this on your phone?

>somewhere to put clothes

that's called a dresser
You probably don't need one though, if you are planning on going really frugal

>what am I missing?

A table.

>sketchbook

Pencils.

>What is good for entertainment that is cheap and non electronic? (books are expensive so no)

m8, you sound plain retarded.

I don't know what is up with you and non electricity, but it is unbelievably stupid.

I would recommend learning an instrument, but that requires the internet(and therefore electricity) to learn via online tutorials.
And if you ever want to actually do something with your music, like posting it online, then you will still need electricity.

Other than that, art is pretty much your only other option.

I'm not even going to finish writing this shit. This i s just toa mucha
>>
Obviously, you're also gonna need shit to go on your bed, sheets, blankets. You'll probably want more than one set too, possibly even 3 if you don't have your own laundry. Trust me, you will get lazy doing laundry when you gotta haul it a block away to the laundomat.
If your place is going to be a sketchy dirty place, it may be in your best interest to invest in some sort of bed frame. Hit up your local craigslist, people sell their old shit pretty cheap if not free. The reason for this is bed bugs and other pests. You wanna be up off the ground.
>T. a chick who was doing the whole mattress on the ground deal while fixing up a shithole and woke up with 3 mice in her bed an inch away from her face.
I'm assuming you'll be in an apartment, but if not and you have a yard you'll be expected to maintain, you'll need shit for that too. Mower, rake, gardening shears, whatever your yard will call for.
>Entertainment
Personally, I just pick up a few cheap/low expense hobbies. I craft, which can be done pretty cheaply depending on what you do. I like to sew, so I just cannibalize old clothing and sheets from goodwill.
I've also been doing a lot of origami lately. It's relaxing and dirt cheap since all you need is paper. I just bought a tube of wrapping paper with those guide lines on the back for a dollar, cut up my own squares.
I also play cards, though single player card games tend to get old fast.
>>
If I were you, I would find a flatshare to begin with.

You can find a place that is furnished and often people are happy for you to use shared equipment such as cooking stuff. Normally you have to live with at least one other person, which is actually normally a nice thing.

This will save you a lot of money and effort. You're kind of going about this backwards. In your situation, you should be finding a good place for the next 6 months ~ year, not thinking about what fridge to buy.
>>
>>17664665
Yeah, some landlords provide white goods but some don't, I juts think I have to consider every possible option.

>>17664686
yeah, I forgot to list cleaning items... and about cleaning my clothes I thought about using my parents house as laundry, washing machines are expensive and like you said laundomats are expensive too.

And about electricity I'm not sure, the electric company is corrupt in my country and sometimes they charge more than they should.

>>17664717

>just get a futon.
Yeah, I'll get a futon.

>You expect me to believe you typed out all of this on your phone?
I currently live with my parents, I have literally everything I need and well... I could stay here for ever, but I don't want to be an useless NEET for ever, maybe I'll come back when I go back to college.

>I don't know what is up with you and non electricity, but it is unbelievably stupid.

I only have the option to get a minimum wage job right now, the electrical company in my country is corrupt and charges more than it should, also my pc is fairly powerful so I'm a little worried.
>>
>>17664774
>also my pc is fairly powerful so I'm a little worried.

take out the GPU and underclock your CPU
>>
>>17664774
>You expect me to believe you typed out all of this on your phone?
>I currently live with my parents, I have literally everything I need and well... I could stay here for ever, but I don't want to be an useless NEET for ever, maybe I'll come back when I go back to college.

I'm not sure how this responds to my question in any way.
I guess what I don't understand, is why not bring the computer that you use at home with you to your new place?

>the electrical company in my country is corrupt and charges more than it should

What shit country do you live in?

>>17664788
>take out the GPU and underclock your CPU

This, as well as just only use your pc when you need to.
>>
>>17664732
>it may be in your best interest to invest in some sort of bed frame
Thanks, I did not think about that, I'll probably be living on a shithole so I need it.

>>17664749
> I would find a flatshare to begin with

Thanks for the advice but my goal is to learn to not depend on anybody, I want a motivation to get things done by myself and the only way to do that is to be hungry and suffer.

>>17664788
I will do that, thanks!

>>17664792
I live in mexico, currently I have a nice life but I'm planning to live in a shit area (can't afford anything else), I was planning to not bring the computer for two reasons. 1. I was worried about paying electricity bills 2. It will probably get stolen.
>>
>>17664774
>Not American
Oh welp then idk then.
>>17664825
Another protip on shitty dirty (and old) places should you have an issue with pests, keep all food items stored in tight containers, nothing out in the open. Bring no food into your bedroom at all, period. Do dishes immediately when you're done with them, do not leave them in the sink. Plug up all holes you can find, and really look for em.
Trust me on this one, once you have an infestation, its fucking damn near impossible to be rid of it without just bombing the whole place.
>Fucking housemates leave an onion to rot for a few months while I'm away visiting family for the summer because they're slobs.
>Return to a fucking house full of flies, gnats, and roaches.
>3 months later and I'm still not rid of them.
>>
>>17664839
Thanks for the adivse.
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.