[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

what reason could there be for a ghoster to not delete/block

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 44
Thread images: 1

File: 1454876194311.jpg (82KB, 1600x1067px) Image search: [Google]
1454876194311.jpg
82KB, 1600x1067px
what reason could there be for a ghoster to not delete/block the ghostee?

I mean do they really expect them to welcome them back with open arms after not replying for so long?

i told the last girl who ghosted me to fuck off when she tried to contact me a year later.
>>
I made the mistake of being calm and saying that I missed him when one of the two people who ghosted me came back. He then blocked and unfriended it was the most infuriating thing ever. To all the anons who are being ghosted: if they come back, tell them to go fuck themselves
>>
>>17664570
it always make me laugh when they come back. Like nigga you ignored my texts and messages for a month and you expect me to forget about it 6 months later?
how stupid can people be lol
>>
>>17664598
See, these motherfuckers unfriended and blocked me in august, and a month later one came back, and gave me two word responses. "You guys missed my birthday" "oh, interesting". I should have told him "Next time, cut deeper, maybe you'll do something right in your life for once." Maybe that's a bit harsh but there's some other background shit to it
>>
to anyone out there whos planning on ghosting someone know 1 thing, you are never going to get them back even if you do change your mind regret it later. none of that ghosting but dont delete/block shit. go all out and make sure you wont ever look back
>>
It is too bad I didn't punish the girl who ghosted me when I displayed that I wasn't interested in her. They always come back, they always do.

I think I handled it pretty well though, General NC, indifferent attitude at her attempts to make me jealous.

Ghosting is a tactic that the person uses to gain control of the situation. it is used to mask anxieties and emotions. Is it the social inability to tell somebody I am not interested/ to fuck off or is a way to deny my emotions for the other person, to show them that I am serious and I hereby rescind my presence from you.

I would be inclined to believe that not deleting somebody that you ghosted is equivalent to the backburner of the stove. They are low interest to you, you are pursuing better alternatives and you don't really want to tell them that you are not interested/hurt their feelings etc.

Time is the ultimate fermentor, for the pots cleaned and cleared, make room for what was once on the back burner, to return to the heat.
>>
>>17664628
doesnt ignoring someone hurt more than telling them the truth? Idk about most people, but id rather be sad for a bit, then to worry AND be sad for awhile
>>
>>17664628
What about when they block you and unfriend you out of no where?
>>
>>17664638
I don't know what would be worse, knowing, or like now which is not knowing
>>
>>17664638

It does, the feeling of not knowing is worse than knowing. This is the same as not asking out a girl, if you do and get rejected, atleast you know for sure, if you never take the chance you'll never know, and probably tear yourself apart.

What youre failing to realize is ghosting is not about the other person it is about yourself. the ME, the I. The person who ghosts another is attempting to delete this person entirely from their mind, a fictitious amnesia. Why is that you ask, It is because the ghoster has trouble with THEIR emotions, (They cannot bear to tell the other person they arent interested in them, they cannot bear the hurt that the other person doesn't like them)

It is more about the person who is ghosting than the person who is being ghosted.
>>
I find it selfish to hurt someone like that, but I've never been in the ghosting position, and I hope I never have to
>>
>>17664654
interesting, and what about ghosting close friends? do different rules apply or its the same altogether?
>>
>>17664664
There are no rules, only actions. All ghosting derives from inability to confront anxieties and/or emotions. Understanding that the motives can be different from potential partner to close friend, and that also whether it is a homogeneous or heterogeneous relationship.
>>
>>17664694
What about two people ganging up on one? I don't know what I did, and they never seemed angry at me or anything, they sometimes fought, and I was the one who broke it up
>>
>was acting weird toward a friend i was very attracted to
>she ghosted me for a few months
>came to my senses and we're friends again

it really did hurt at the time, but honestly it probably was for the best
of course, it helps that eventually she got back into contact with me
>>
>>17664708
Consider yourself lucky, I hope your friendship is strong
>>
>>17664724
i feel like it's even stronger when it was back then, probably because it was the shock i needed to fix my personality
like now we both invite each other to hang out equally, whereas back then it was always me doing it
>>
>>17664752
That's good to hear; maybe it was best that you guys took time alone
>>
>>17664708
weird how?
>>
>>17664708
how much did you text before you gave up? did you ask her why or you just forgot about her till later
>>
>>17664762
i was getting clingy
not creepy clingy, but definitely needier than a normal friend would be
>>
>>17664770
honestly gave up after the first time, because when i realized she wasn't going to respond, i also realized "i have a problem here", and decided that i badly needed to get my emotions together
never asked her why it happened, so there's even a chance that it could have been for reasons entirely unrelated to me, but it felt like being ghosted at the time
>>
>>17664780
fuck i dont know if im getting clingy, or she just talks less. Is it still clingy in my case?
>>
is it okay to ghost someone if its online? or does it depend on how close you were/how often you talked/for how long etc
>>
>>17664795
i can't say for sure if you're clingy or not, because i don't know your case
>>
>>17664802
Don't fucking ghost them. It hurts even more if you met someone online and they ghost you. Talk to them about how you feel, if you're considering ghosting them. Don't leave them in the dark, please.
>>
>>17664813
no im only asking this cause a friend i was really close with hasnt texted/replied in 10 days (was online, 5 hours away) we talked everyday for 2 years so im worried but dont want to seem needy
>>
>>17664832
I don't know, they might be really busy. I'm this anon, >>17664570 and my two best online friends ghosted me, but you still have time before it's time to wonder if you're being ghosted. If it gets to two weeks, you may want to try to contact them again
>>
I ghost people who are really maniplative
>>
>>17664844
That is understandable, if someone is manipulative, you should cut them out of your life. That's the kind of reason I think is legitimate for ghosting.
>>
What is ghosting?
>>
i dont get it ,you said were still friends, you told me not to worry and overthink it, that we can still hang out. you even brought up things we can do, like watch movies and stuff. You told me you wanted to talk less ahead of time so that i wouldnt worry on the days that you wouldnt text. but to not reply for 2 weeks? the fuck yo. Im fine with no texts a few days here and there. i mean we dont have to talk every single day, but this is too much. I mean if you changed your mind why couldnt you just tell me? Why not delete me? Makes no sense when you make the effort to confront me about irregular texting ahead of time so i dont worry, but then you dont to tell me that you dont want to talk to me anymore and ghost me, which makes me worry, isnt that counterproductive?
>>
The fuck is ghosting?
>>
>>17665353
When you are messaging someone regularly, either an online acquaintance or even someone you met in real life. Then out of the blue she stops messaging you. Nothing. Radio silence. Without warning.

You just have to remember that most likely you did nothing wrong, and there was nothing you could have done differently. Girls do this all the time.
>>
>>17665368
Fuck.
Why are woman so adverse to confrontation?
>>
>>17664638
Ghosting is absolutely worse than straight up rejection because you have the added part where you're wondering what the fuck is going on.

But the kicker is the person never needs to tell them "hey I'm not feeling things", so it makes them feel a bit less shitty since they're too retarded to think about the consequences of their actions. This is why I have a strict 3 text policy. I text them once, and once more later that day. Then once more a few days after that. If they're still no contact, I just assume it's dead in the water and move on.
>>
>>17665385
Jesus man. I'm nervous to send 1 follow up text, in case of looking pathetic.
>>
>>17665399
I don't really see why sending the text would be pathetic. If the person is actually into you, it should be no big deal. You're just making sure the plans are a go.

If the person is ghosting you, they're the one acting pathetic. They're the ones who are acting childish because they're too immature to just say they're not interested. Plainly put, why should I give a shit about someone who won't communicate like an adult?
>>
is there a way i can backup texts but only ones received? i want to post so people get a better idea
>>
>>17665404
You shouldn't.
But if you give a shit, why would you keep testing?
>>
>>17665409
*if you don't give a shit.
>>
>>17665409
>But if you give a shit, why would you keep testing?
Because I don't know if they're ghosting me at that point. As you put it, it's only a follow up text to make sure the plans are still a go. If I've checked on them thrice like I mentioned and I got no response, I know what's going on. Then I delete their number and move on with my life.
>>
>>17665417
Yes, if you message them once more a few days or one week after hearing nothing, it's one last chance for her to get back to you. Maybe she will realize that she should have got back to you earlier, she realizes you haven't forgotten about her, and so on.

Low odds of success but still, nothing to lose.
>>
The worst part imo is that you end up wasting your time trying to contact them. on top of worrying/overthinking and being sad.

I mean, confronting them and telling the truth will make them sad too,
but its literally wasting someones time, making them overthink and worry, all while being sad that the relationship is over
vs.
being sad the relationship is over

The only real reason i can think of is that they just dont care about you anymore. If they did, they would atleast tell you. Granted ive had horrible people/assholes who didnt ghost me when they wanted out. Oddly enough, the nicest girl ive ever met, sweetest thing ever, never cusses, as innocent as a 20 year old can get, ghosted me out of a 2 year long relationship. It was her first real relationship so i dont know if i should forgive her for that.

Now some people claim they ghost people because they dont want to hurt their feelings, but honestly you have to be either underaged, or retarded to think that.
Thread posts: 44
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.