[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

should I confront a girl that ghosted me? out of nowhere, for

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 66
Thread images: 5

should I confront a girl that ghosted me?

out of nowhere, for no reason

it's a shitty thing to do, isn't it?

I don't want her back, I just want to let her know it's messed up and she could have just told me
>>
no, but if she comes back to you then you bring it up. otherwise just ignore and move on
>>
Nah, you'll tire yourself out doing that in the flake generation and look like a vindictive dumbass.

Move on to the next one.
>>
>>17664484

its kinda shitty, but she was shitty to. id imagine its too late to do it unprovoked, but if it comes up in a cohesive way, let her have it.
>>
>>17664489
why do people always give girls the easy out?
>>
>>17664484
If you can still contact her then she has done a really shitty job of ghosting you.
>>
>>17664492
Nah, it can happen either way. When a guy ghosts a girl same advice goes.
>>
>>17664484
"To not imitate is the best form of revenge ," - Marcus Aurleius

Quit being a petty bitch.
>>
I've done that before, if they ghosted you they don't give a shit. They're probably laughing at you, I'm sure the guy who did it to me was. Screw them, be glad you're not emotionally inept like her.

>>17664492
I've had guys do this to me and whenever I've brought it up, by just saying "hey I don't understand why you suddenly refuse to answer me" I hear that they're going around telling their friends I'm crazy. I think people love calling their exes crazy, it must make them feel more put together or like they "won" in some way.
>>
>>17664484
I'm a girl and I was ghosted by someone I was seeing for a year. He ghosted me many times before, but I always just sat back. However, the most recent ghosting incident pissed me off. Last night I went to his place, unannounced, never did that before. He said he'll call the cops, that I'm stalking him and he won't give me an explanation.

He also gave me an hsv2; I found that out recently. That's probably why I had the balls to go over there.

Good luck OP.
>>
File: IMG_0025.gif (3MB, 500x374px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0025.gif
3MB, 500x374px
She won't respond anyways. Been ghosted by two best friends, fuck people who ghost. It's such a shitty thing to do. Unless the person is harassing or threatening you, there's no need to ghost them. It's time to move on, op. If she tries to come back, shut that bitch out.
>>
Let's all get together and kill people who ghost.

Helter-skelter, but instead of war against cops, it's against ghosts.
>>
File: IMG_0062.png (238KB, 350x400px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0062.png
238KB, 350x400px
>>17664667
Y E S
E
S
>>
File: 1472847443978.jpg (132KB, 720x960px) Image search: [Google]
1472847443978.jpg
132KB, 720x960px
>>17664671
You're with me!

Who else?!
>>
>>17664671
L O N D O N
O
N
D
O
N
>>
>>17664682
I talk to you so much my nigga, for real lol
>>
what does ghosted mean
>>
>>17664815
To block and ignore people, without explanation
>>
>>17664822
why would you confront someone for not wanting to talk to you? they don't want to talk to you if they block you
>>
>>17664828
Because it makes you wonder if you did something wrong, and many people seek closure.
>>
>>17664543
Same thing happened to me. The most abusive people are the ones who deny any abuse existed and try to drag your name through the mud while acting like they're the victim. Gaslighting might be one of the cruelest things one human can do to another.
>>
>>17664828
When your heart is involved it's hard to step back and look at it logically like that because you're in a state of emotional pain and distress.
>>
>>17664555
he's cheating on you. I'm sorry but as a guy, i know this is certain.

don't blow your top, just leave him.
>>
>>17664484
What is ghosting?
>>
>>17664541
So in this case talking to her would be not imitating. Marcus Aurelius btfo for the first time in 2000 years
>>
>>17664484
>I just want to let her know it's messed up and she could have just told me

No you don't, you just want to feel like you have control of the situation and get the last word in.

Get some self-respect and move on.
>>
>>17665068
You're projecting.
>>
>>17664667
>>17664671
>>17664672
>>17664682
>>17664684

And that's how Ghostbusters actually started.

I'm sensing anothers MTV teenage heartbreak scripted reality tv show coming up.
>>
>>17665062

Another word for google.
>>
>>17664484
>should I confront a girl that ghosted me?
No. Not for any reason, not under any circumstances.

>it's a shitty thing to do, isn't it?
Yes. Ghosting is increxibly cruel, and should only be used for escaping abusers. Even then, it should be acknowledged as an evil thing that you do because that's what you have to do to survive, rather than as a good thing.

But confronting a ghoster does nothing but cement your reputation as a creep. It takes years to recover from that shit, and for no real gain. It is not worth the price. Let it go.
>>
File: Vin-Diesel-Riddick.jpg (85KB, 1200x600px) Image search: [Google]
Vin-Diesel-Riddick.jpg
85KB, 1200x600px
I ain't ghost your son Johns
>>
>>17664484
if she ghosted u that means ur hella weird
>>
>>17665807
Confronting someone who ghosts you does not make you a creep. It does delay the healing process though.
>>
>>17664484
come on dont be that guy
>>
It's a pretty autistic thing to do, confronting people who ghost you. Some people just won't like you, not in hate sense but just in lack of liking sense. Shit happens, it's normal, and sometimes it becomes apparent only after talking for a while.
I felt like ghosting a girl recently because at first I decided to give her a chance (no idea why she likes me so much) and then it turned out it's tiring as fuck to talk to her, especially on social media. Didn't ghost her completely but I basically don't respond to her messages and only offered to meet up to give her back a comic she lent to me. I don't want to be an asshole and tell her straight I'm not interested after all (I said I need time to think about it like 2 months ago) and actually I don't even want to be actual friends with her, but I think I'll have to because she'll probably ask me about not responding when I see her to give the comic back.
I understand the need of explanation when somebody rejects you in some way, but fuck, what gives? If somebody doesn't like you, you just wasn't a match, there's no need for reeasons. Gotta move on.
>>
>>17666035
Autism has nothing to do with it unless there was no relationship to begin with to get hurt from. Any normal person who has someone close to them disappear without warning will be hurt from ghosting. Trying to figure out what happened does not make you an autist.
>>
Sometimes 'ghosting' is the most moral way out of a relationship.

Nobody 'owes' you anything, you must understand this. Even if youve been dating for the longest time. Would you rather them tell you they are dumping you because you suck at sex? Or your breath fucking reaks? Or that your personality is just boring and you're a shitty person? Or maybe there just really isnt a reason at all other than they dont have interest.

Either way, whatever they tell or dont tell you, your ego wont be satisfied.
>>
>>17666130
A goodbye will suffice for most but the most abusive ghosters won't even do that. They would rather you be hurt and blaming yourself for everything instead of taking responsibility for their actions and treating someone with respect.
>>
>>17664484
This thread's answers suck. Listen - if you guys weren't dating; or if you only went on a few dates, no actual relationship then NO, do not confront her. There was no relationship, just move on. That's not a big deal.

If there was a relationship though, like some months to years, then YES, you have the right to confront her. People who ghost as a way of breaking up with their s/o are complete shit and deserve to be called out on it.
>>
>>17666134
>instead of taking responsibility for their actions
We all know women are incapable of doing that.
>>
>>17664815
>>17664822
Ghosting is the absolute worst shit in existence, fuck everyone who does it. Guys do it, girls do it, I think it's almost the exclusive form of ending things with people in modern times. Also will your phone tell you if someone blocked you or will it still send the messages as if they are receiving them
>>
>>17664541
Are you the same guy who suggests reading Marcus Aurelius in every thread?
>>
I just got ghosted although I know why she did it.

Not sure if my phone has been blocked but I know my fb and instagram have been.
>>
Do you realize that confronting her with her behavior after the fact isn't going to make her go "oh wow, this reasonable young man made me realize how rude I was" but rather "he's being passive aggressive now that I didn't give him an outright rejection, what would he have done if I did?"
Inb4 not being passive aggressive, it is hard as fuck not to sound so if you call someone out on not responding to stuff from you. (If it's not in real life, that is.)

She realizes it's not polite to never answer to someone anymore. She's just too nervous, disinterested or whatever to act differently. You reminding her that what she did wasn't according to social etiquette will not make a dent. If she's too self-absorbed to be polite she'll roll her eyes or even laugh about it. If she was too anxious to reject you she's only going to be more anxious and avoidant in the future.

Also
>>17664492
this has nothing to do with sex. Guys routinely ghost girls after sex and if a girl told me she planned on "confronting" the guy with that I'd beg her to respect herself enough to not go there.
>>
>>17664484
sometimes the only way out is to disappear and I've done it many times. she knew you would likely kick up some shit just like you are talking about doing now. some of you guys are scary when you attach
>>
>>17666351
>I know why
Do tell.
>>
>>17666485
Because it's completely normal to go through life not getting attached to anyone so you can walk away from any relationship at the drop of a hat..

Did you ever think that maybe you are the scary one?
>>
Confronting ghosts is hilarious backwards thinking that makes you look desperate and cringey as fuck. Move the fuck on millienials and get over yourselves.
>>
>>17666485
this... a lot of guys get way over attached and she probably sensed that you are a little off and didn't want to deal with the fallout. it IS rude, and she knows that. and yet, it still seemed like the appropriate choice to her.
>>
This happened to me recently. A girl I know got attached to me. She started hugging me a LOT and would stop in place when we crossed paths to give me a cheesy smile. She was always eager to hug me and shit. I've flirted with her and made it very obvious both in person and via text how I thought about her. I would also complement her and we would talk about random stuff. At one point, she just stopped replying. I would occasionally comment on her posts and she would read them, but then never reply. I have no idea what happened, but according to this thread, I should leave it alone.
>>
>>17666748

Also, this same girl asked for my number but only ever texted me once. She never initiated.
>>
>>17666674
When did confronting someone who ghosts you become selfish? The selfish thing to do is to ghost someone, leaving them with the fallout while you walk away like nothing happened and they are left picking up the pieces.
>>
>>17666765
This. Fucking this. as long as you don't beg them to take you back, and you tell them to go fuck themselves, that's cool in my book
>>
>>17664484
Nah brah, she probly ghosted you cuz you're a fucking autistic weirdo. Do you really want to double down on that? Girls talk, you know. You don't want that reputation, assuming you already don't have it.
>>
>>17666794
A narcissist defending a narcissistic tactic, how original.
>>
>>17666819
What does that even mean? Are you always retarded, or did my trip just trigger you like some sort of faggot?
>>
>>17666748
>>17666760
Should've just fucked her and dump her, mate.
>>
>>17666833
I assume you know how to use Google. I am not going to hold your hand through self awareness.
>>
>>17666846

Fuck and dump? You think she only wanted sex?
>>
>>17666819
Avoiding uncomfortable situations is ingrained in human psychology and lots of human interaction. From avoiding the gaze of an acquaintance when you meet them outside until you're almost there, to not contacting people anymore after they get seriously ill/suffer a serious loss because you don't know what to say and how to act.

Ghosting is shitty but stop trying to play it off like some extreme thing "normal" people would never resort to. Normal people hate conflict. Everyone hates conflict. This is just everyday level cowardice.
>>
On the one hand, confronting someone with ghosting comes off as if you are unable to deal with rejection.
They don't give a shit anymore, so why do you?

On the other hand, ghosting is a really pathetic move and I think people who do it have a shitty personality.
But if noone ever tells them, how will they know?
>>
>>17666859
Narcissism is not extreme, it's everywhere. These normal people who ghost are exhibiting the worst narcissistic trait: lack of empathy. While many are not full blown narcissists, the potential is there.
>>
>>17666882
It is, or you're talking about selfishness, which is not remotely the same thing.

And most people find it rather difficult to empathize with situations that are not that relevant to them. Look at how callously men and women typically respond to issues that are limited to the opposite sex.

I really don't think that not responding anymore to someone who is technically not even at acquaintance level yet in terms of getting to know each other is among the shittiest stuff that people do on the regular.
>>
>>17666900
Also wanted to add that that is not to say that someone ghosting you cannot be utterly humiliating and hurtful. Just that if you only look at the intent and the considerations from the person themselves, it is not among the worst.

Yeah, they don't realize how it feels for the person whose life they slip away from to be done with the situation. But neither do they realize that they might ruin the entire day of the new cashier girl they snap at for being clumsy and taking long. Or that "just this one autograph that takes two seconds" is a lot more bothersome for the celebrity who is stopped every two minutes and for whom it isn't a singular occasion. Up to that "just a quick text" to confirm something while driving can result in someone's life ending. Again, standard human psychology. And while at times shitty and disappointing, in most cases you also really cannot know what impact you exactly have on someone, what they exactly think of you etc especially after a short time.
>>
>>17666130
>Sometimes 'ghosting' is the most moral way out of a relationship.
No, it's not. Sometimes it's the only way out that isn't likely to get you killed; like I said, it should only be used when escaping abusers. But even then it isn't the most moral solution, just the only practical one.
>>
>>17664484
Look at it from the bright side, she showed you that she is not worth your time, dont even waste air on her.
Thread posts: 66
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.