[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I missed a court date and now have a warrant. What should I do?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1

File: IMG_1022.jpg (12KB, 307x251px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1022.jpg
12KB, 307x251px
I missed a court date and now have a warrant. What should I do?
>>
>>17664375
run
>>
>>17664380
That's not helpful

Just continue living life, try not to encounter cops?
>>
It was a misdemeanor, I was sentenced to pay a fine of $150. But I kind of forgot... or didn't care enough. And am just now remembering, I realize this can come back to bite me later on
>>
Bump

Advise would be nice. How can I clear this? Who do I pay?
>>
You likely have a bench warrant - this means you need to turn yourself in to the county (find out if you just need to show up at the police department, or a processing facility.

Make a few calls to verify this information with the county (information should be on whatever ticket or papers you were served) and turn yourself in. They usually just process you into the system, take fingerprints, and let you go.

From there, you should get another letter with a rescheduled court date. There may be a fine included, but this should be the meat of it.
>>
>>17664456
I can't find the ticket

But the judge told me when I pleaded guilty to the misdemeanor that I would be fined $200 for failure to pay the first fine.

Would that fine be the only thing? Or might I be arrested?
>>
>>17664495
If you don't turn yourself in You'll be arrested
>>
>>17664495
The bench warrant and the fines you have accrued will likely be the only thing. Bench warrants are not bad and will likely take only 40 minutes of your time.

If you let this sit, you absolutely will be arrested at some point in time and this will be a lot more painful. Get it resolved by any means necessary. If you have to go to the county clerk to pull up your record and ask for your next steps, (fines and verify where you need to turn yourself in) do so.
>>
>>17664512
I live in New York City, Anon.

In Manhattan.

Sadly I don't know anything about no counties or anything...

Google "NYC county"?
>>
>>17664534
I did a quick google on this. As you are in Manhattan, your borough would be New York County.

Go to the courthouse in this jurisdiction and use the previous posts to help get this resolved.
>>
>>17664512
I think that 40 minute thing is a lie.

Knowing NYC Bookings, I'll probably be held for up to 3 days. I need to get this cleared though...
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.