[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How long did it take you to get a job in high school? Most of

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 1

File: Screenshot_2016-04-21-17-11-17.png (881KB, 1024x600px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_2016-04-21-17-11-17.png
881KB, 1024x600px
How long did it take you to get a job in high school?
Most of time after school ends up being a lot of making phone calls and filling out apllications, and I've been doing this for a good month or so, with no good results. What do you guys think?
>>
well, best thing to do is to go volunteer your work for free in an area you want to have a career in. Just show up to the place and tell them what you want to do and that the experience would be enough for you. It almost always leads to a job.
>>
>>17664269
Two weeks. I've filled out dozens and dozens and dozens of online applications, I never got a single callback until I went physically into the place and asked to speak to the manager.
My sister got a fast food job today. She filled out the application online, and then went in a couple times a week. She got an interview last week, but they never called. She went in today on a whim, and the manager hired her on the spot.

If you have an inbox with 75 applications in it, and one of those people shows up right in front of you, guess who is getting the interview.

You gots to pound the pavement.
>>
>>17664269
When I was in high school and finally old enough for a job the recession was in full swing. I didn't really get a job til I was 22.
>>
Super easy, but I did get the job through connections. I wasn't even looking for a job when it landed in my lap.
>>
I worked at a fishery in my Gr 11 year. It was not cool and I haven't told anyone about this
>>
>>17664462
How do I go about this. Do I dress like I would for the interview and ask if they got my resume?
Thread posts: 7
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.