[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Need Opinions for College

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 5
Thread images: 3

File: IMG_2853.jpg (224KB, 1280x960px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2853.jpg
224KB, 1280x960px
This semester I'll be graduating Community College with an Associate's. I want to do animation, and preferably, do studio work (entry level positions from the degree like storyboarding) on the side, while doing things like music, comedy, animation (of my own series), writing, and the like. There's three school options so far:

1) Is the old State school I went to before I graduated CC with a 3.4, I failed out after not being used to the college system straight out of high school. Decently cheap (~4000) never mind an apartment with my friends(~2500), who themselves will be graduating within a few years. Animation and Illustration major, covers 2D (preferred) and 3D. Should have all 55-58 Associate credits transfer, start as a junior, finish degree in 2 to 2 1/2 years. Problem is, because I failed out, I lost all aid and have to submit an appeal to get it back, plus, even though credits transfer GPA still counts from failed classes (0.70) 3 years back. Would need aid to go at all, we're poor. Portfolio req'd; I can only draw cartoons and shitty observationals

2) Another upstate school, 4000 with fees included, off campus probably similar to school #1, but with new people I don't know. Or ~6000 for room and board bringing to 20k a year, which unless is covered fully is too much. Primarily 3D animation (more marketable) No portfolio required.

3) Nearby school. 3200-4000 tuition. No room/board, commute. Everything about this school fits best with me being able to work, to stay at my pa'a and keep my dog, not give him to my ma. Problem is one, they want a portfolio too. Two, the major is graphic design, which is more broad, possibly more earning potential, but definitely more boring, mathematical approach to art

Please help, I'm going nuts
>>
File: IMG_2659.jpg (1MB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2659.jpg
1MB, 3264x2448px
Bump
>>
File: 1475004615084.gif (2MB, 245x180px) Image search: [Google]
1475004615084.gif
2MB, 245x180px
I can't tell you what to choose but I can tell you from experience that if you're going to do school and work simultaneously, do not get in over your head.

If you can only handle 12 credit hours, don't go above it just to graduate sooner.

Taking 6 years of college is fine as you're getting the grade. Employers literally don't care how long you're in school as long as you've got the skills
>>
>>17664365
That's a trap to feed more money into the system, there's no reason a 4 year degree shouldn't take you 4 years

But still, at most it should be 2 1/2 years for any of the options I listed even going just 12 credits 12+12=24+24=48+12=60 credits, since I have about that, I should be set
>>
>>17664544
>there's no reason a 4 year degree shouldn't take you 4 years
we don't all have parents to pay our way through uni anon
Thread posts: 5
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.