[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Programming and stuff

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 1

File: lines-of-code.jpg (521KB, 2235x1500px) Image search: [Google]
lines-of-code.jpg
521KB, 2235x1500px
>Be me programming for 1- 2 years now PHP, Js, web programming
>Struggle /w problem for a while now
> have done some small and simple projects, but never got my head around frameworks /Wordpress
>Every time I try to create a bigger project like a for example a planning system /w login I find myself failing
>Writing a simple base, start to get some stuff working, but that
>Than I find myself writing shit code, like making it to complicated or unlogic that I have no idea what to do next

Does anyone know how to solve this problem?
>>
>>17663537
Bump YEA
>>
>>17663537
bump again, is this the right /tread??
>>
>>17663537
Maybe you should write flowchart before you start writing the actual code
I ussualy do it when I encounter a problem and it helps, also if you (generally speaking) have some programming problems
you could buy yourself an arduino board. I know it sounds stupid but if you play with it you for some time you will find programming easier
>>
>>17663683
I get where you going, I have learned this early-ere at an internship, thanks for reminding me!!! :D
>>
Slightly related, if I want to get into programming/coding/etc, how should I go about it? How and where do I learn the basics? Where do I go from there? Any tips or /adv/ice?
>>
>>17663772
I should try Freecodecamp, is there anything specific you like to code?
>>
>>17663537

Ex web dev here.

1) You don't code to create. you code to customize. This is probably your main issue. Learn wordpress and drupal. you have to get through that shit.

2) If you write code, it's code to customize something. The core functionality should be imported from somewhere else. Whether it's user access system, or a webshop, all of that shit already exists. You only code to tweak it slightly.

3) When you code, you must document.

4) If you need to actually literally code something from the ground up, use an architecture. You learn that shit from a software architecture book, or by getting a degree in computer science.
>>
>>17663919
I just want to learn the basics. I have no clue whatsoever as to how it works and stuff, but I always found it intriguing. I guess I just want to know the basics of programming/coding and fuck around a little. It might also look decent on a resume or something.
>>
>>17663997
You could start with Scilab, it's a free copy of Matlab. There are conditionals and a very simple language that will help you to understand algorithms. Start by solving problems involving matrices and later study high-level programming languages (high-level means it's a language that's very similar to human language) then pick any language you want. Good luck, it's a nice hobby
Thread posts: 10
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.