[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Have you ever hit rock bottom? What kind of situation did you

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2

File: IMG_0191.jpg (42KB, 736x368px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0191.jpg
42KB, 736x368px
Have you ever hit rock bottom?

What kind of situation did you have and how did you get out?

>27
>Pathetically overweight but not morbidly obese
>Lost my job and nobody is giving me a break after hundreds of applications
>No money
>Fiancé left me after 5 years together
>Kicked out and lost most of my belongings
>Car battery is completely dead

I am responsible for all of this, but I don't know where to start improving first in order to pull myself out of the quicksand.
>>
>>17663392
>Have you ever hit rock bottom?

kinda although my situation was not quite as bad as yours.

>be 19
>fall in love with a women i was friends with for 2 years
>I quite uni so i can move in with her
>all my friends think i am crazy
>She cheats on me and betrays me after i burnt my bridges
>i become depressed
>i contemplate killing myself or her, maybe both. dont do anything but become depressed.
>personality completely changes. lost my sense of humor, dont know how to trust people. feel numb
>become a neet for about a year

i am 22, completely over this now and doing ok. it was definitely the hardest thing i went trough. was kind of my own fault. it was a mistake i have learnt from
>>
>>17663431
>kinda although my situation was not quite as bad as yours

I think the moment that you contemplate death as an escape counts as rock bottom.

Being cheated on by someone you care about and the resulting distrust you have for others is rough.

Glad to hear you are doing better and are not vindictive about your experience.
>>
I feel like I'm on my way there. I've suffered from depression and suicidal thoughts for around 7 years now. This year things really went well, though. Got a gf for the first time and don't contemplate suicide every damn day.
I've come to realise however that if I lose my gf, or if I'd ever want to leave her - I would also lose so many friends and be all alone in my current city. If that doesn't kill me, then I don't know what. I'm also getting far more paranoid than usual so I'm considering going to a psychologist again.
Sorry for blogging, just needed to get it out somehow.
>>
>beaten by ex bf who was a drug addict and hiding it from me, sent to hospital icu for 3 weeks
>move back to hometown where every who stayed is pretty much bad news
>new boyfriend also hit me
>job I worked at closed business
>new job, still poor and eventually let go along with two other departments
>no job for months and no car, abusive boyfriend still in picture and huge Coke head
>none of my friends really gave a shit, my family distanced themselves
>went to therapy against my mothers wishes
>learned to let go of toxic people
>worked freelance to gain skills and money
>became very aware of people who are users and manipulators
>got another steady job and a car but realized the owner was just like the others, selfish liar willing to ruin others lives for her own sake
>quit, even when she guilted me about quitting.
>started own business and was super poor for a few months
>now doing work that helps humanity and makes me a good living without making me hate my life - at a rate and work pace of my choosing.
>can now afford gym membership
>I no longer react to FOMO and don't give a shit about pleasing people. I also have built walls that guard me from bad people who are charismatic.

It took a long time. Years. But now I have several thousand in savings and I don't have to listen to anyone but myself. If I want to help I help, if I don't I'm a free man(woman).

I have a theory that people who were young adults and adults in the 80s are exceedingly narcissistic and greedy. I think this is why most parents of my generation have left us with few choices. Mine was particularly controlling but not in a good way - just selfish. My mom also believed I should work for $10/hour for years and years and dedicate myself to a company whose ethics I did not believe in. She would always tell me to get a job at fast food or someplace equally shitty. To this day despite my large income she tries to get me to work retail (notoriously low pay and sometimes hard labor, unpaid OT).
>>
Sort of

>Graduate high school in 2008, right after recession starts
>No jobs to be had, hadn't planned on going to college because I hated school
>Had already had a history of depression, it only started to get worse
>Two years later I was only able to find one job that treated me like complete shit
>Depression had gotten terrible at that point
>Long-term girlfriend left me after a while because I was so "frustrating" to deal with, since I was so depressed
>That just made things worse, got even more depressed and isolated myself. My friends stopped caring about me or talking to me
>After a while of that, I decided to try college
>First few days were terrible, and I didn't think it would help
>Tried to kill myself, it didn't work

After that, I just started focusing on schoolwork because it gave me something to do. Eventually, I was able to start looking forward to things and being happy. I also found a great job that set me up with a good network of friends and better social skills. Eventually, I found a subject I was passionate about and kept going for it. I'm currently in grad school, am doing well emotionally, and have a good group of friends. Most people see me as sociable and happy.

For me, the key was finding things I enjoyed and could look forward to. If you have a goal, it's easier to stay on track and get something done.
>>
>>17663449
>I think the moment that you contemplate death as an escape counts as rock bottom.

yeah, i think so too. i just wanted the pain to go away and i didnt know any other solutions. it took a long time to get over it.

>Being cheated on by someone you care about and the resulting distrust you have for others is rough.

yep, it fucked it up so much because i felt so betrayed because we where best of friends and lovers. she cheated on me with an ex abusive partner and left me for him.

thanks. im in my second year of uni now and i spend my spare time boxing/working out and reading

>>17663487
its good that you are doing well now and figured out how to identify toxic people.
>>
>>17663487
Wow.

Most people in that position stay this way for their entire lives or get killed by domestic violence. Incredible turnaround and I hope you realize how far you've come.

On a side note, my parents were the same way about working for a shitty company with low pay/no benefits instead of forging my own path. I will heed your example.
>>
>>17663519
>Tried to kill myself, didn't work

Did someone find you, did the method fail, or did you change your mind at the last moment?

I had the same situation with my partner, where I was so depressed and complacent that she was fed up and left. It really fucks you up for a while, until you use it as fuel to turn your shit around and either show that you have changed or find someone better that won't leave during your darkest hour.
>>
>>17663558
The method didn't work. I tried hanging myself and did it in a shitty spot where I couldn't really get it to work. I never even really changed my mind about it. I just told myself that I'd find a better spot and do it later; at no point did I decide that I didn't want to die. I just got busy and thought about it less.

At the time, her leaving messed me up pretty bad, but I think it was good in the long run. At the time, it felt like the only person who care at me had given up on me (and later, that she chose someone else over me), or stopped caring, and that fucked me up and made me more depressed. Like I really didn't have anything going for me. But it was ultimately a good thing because she was actually pretty abusive, which I didn't realize until later. She never empathized with why I was depressed and constantly tried to make me feel bad about things. Probably a part of why I had gotten so depressed was that she constantly tried to make me feel like shit.

It actually made me hate the idea of relationships for a while because I thought it meant if I were with someone they would treat me like shit and I'd end up depressed. I've only just recently gotten over that.
>>
it's a way too long story that led to me hitting rock bottom. Just wanted to say that it's entirely possible to get up and going again. One step st s time
>>
File: IMG_0231.jpg (19KB, 500x259px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0231.jpg
19KB, 500x259px
This fucking thread so far
>>
>>17663392
Lol all these white people thinking they got true problems lol.
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.