[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Mushrooms

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 4

File: Alice_par_John_Tenniel_30.png (66KB, 473x689px) Image search: [Google]
Alice_par_John_Tenniel_30.png
66KB, 473x689px
Some of my friends want to do shrooms, they've all done it before but it would be my first time. I'm really excited abiut it but also I'm concerned since I think about death alot and I'm worried I'll just have a shitty dark trip. What do you guys think? Will I be alright? What sort of head space would be ideal for this sort of thing? Am I just over thinking it?
>>
Don't do drugs if you're a hypochondriac.
>>
>>17662556
I wouldn't say I'm a hypochondriac per sey, I just think about killing myself and the inevitably of death alot and it stresses me out a bit.
I smoke weed currently and drink alot with nothing terrible happening.
>>
File: 1book3.jpg (115KB, 489x696px) Image search: [Google]
1book3.jpg
115KB, 489x696px
Bump
>>
>>17662570
If you can handle weed you can handle shrooms.
>>
>>17662543
Take only a little, even miniscule doses are effective

Expect bouts of laughter, aural and visual hallucinations you'll be aware of, tingling all over, slightly heavier breath

Don't mix with other substances for max enjoyment but I had no probs woth weed and alcohol in the mix

Do it in private quarters, effects will wear off in an hour or so

Psilocybin is only surpassed by lsd experience imo
>>
File: Thumbs-up-computer-kid-gif.gif (1MB, 320x240px) Image search: [Google]
Thumbs-up-computer-kid-gif.gif
1MB, 320x240px
>>17662640
>>17662632

Sound good to me anons. Thanks for the input, here to hoping all goes well.
>>
>>17662632

??????????

Where the fuck are you getting your information? Anecdotal evidence?

The only common ground between weed and mushrooms is that they are drugs. Nothing more. I've seen and experienced some serious freakouts from psychedelics.. that shit can take some mental fortitude to wrangle.

OP, do a bit of research without asking 4chan. Erowid is your friend.
>>
>>17662640

>few hours

By few hours he means 4-8 depending on type of shroom and dosage.
>>
>>17662643
Pro Tip: Have some orange juice ready.

I would recommend to take drugs at aĺl if u are unstable or depressive.
Could make things worse.

The fact that u ask strangers on adv what to think shows that u are not sure about it
>>
>>17662543

>I think about death a lot

Don't take it if you're prone to anxiety and/or panic attacks. You're going to have a really really really really bad time if you fixate on death and give yourself a panic attack while you're tripping on mushrooms.

I can't emphasize how terrible it will be. Hallucinogens are not for the anxiety inclined.
>>
Pro Tip 2: Take them somewhere in the nature with no non-trippers around and with something to do. Activity helps vs. overthinking.
Pro Tip 3: Dose high - dose safely. In my experience it makes you more confused, if you are just tripping a little, since you may think these are your own thoughts.
Better make the whole thing well visible, so you can associate your thoughts to the "mushroom-logic"
Pro Tip 3: Stay in a small group where people know well each other - no need to hide anything.
Pro Tip 4: Weed boosts the shrooms for a while.
Pro Tip 5: Cigarettes are a nice activity as well.

Have fun and enjoy your brain.
>>
...I thought a lot about death and shit as well on mushrooms - was always teaching to me.
>>
>>17662543
>I think about death alot and I'm worried I'll just have a shitty dark trip
basically shrooms just make your emotions more intense. can you avoid thinking about death? great dont fucking worry about it. if you cant i would try to figure out what you can do to minimize those thoughts. but if youre doing it with friends they could easily get you back into the right vibe. dont fucking worry about it. dont listen to these faggots that are saying taking the lowest possible dose or whatever. take 5g's and a wonderful fucking time.
>>
>>17662987
>with no non-trippers around

i can not emphesize this enough. stay away from sober dumbasses on shrooms. esp if you are a teen/early twnties age where people feed on drama.
>>
>>17663243
>>17662987
>muh speshul druggie cool kid club
dont listen to these fags its not the fucking 90s anymore op. your no trip friends should understand theyre there to babysit
>>
>>17662735
I actually disagree with this
I had relative anxiety albeit not to the point where it negatively affected my life but i've been tripping for about a year now 90% with lsd and i was usually pretty panicky and was easily prone to bad trips
the other day i took some acid and just used it to question why i feel the way i do about particular things and situations and just basically analysing my entire psyche

eventually i hit the nail on the head about one thing in particular and it was seriously one of the happiest moments of my life so far
i think i actually experienced true joy for the first time
all the scary faces and such that i had been seeing in all trips prior turned in to smiling ones and i realised that lsd is literally a behind the scenes look into your subconscious
this all sounds like generic bullshit but i have actually gotten rid of my anxiety, i feel the same way i do on xanax but without the negatives
seriously lsd/shrooms for introspection is a godsend
>>
>>17663676
wow your description of it actually sounds nice and simplistic now I'm starting to wonder where I can score some around this town
>>
Really, I have a lot of experience in this area. The fun and socalled insight I got from acid or shrooms was never worth it. In particular if you are upset or unstable in anyway this expcriment can push you over the edge. I know when yhou are young you are open to anything but hey really why play Russian Roulette with your brain? Most people I know who kept experimenting with these drugs are dead or zombie like. Yes, in a way they can give you an insight and different angle on life but that would be if things were really perfect and you were in a really stable space, safe and comfy environment and almost clinical setting so you couild learn something worthwhile. That mostly never happens and kind of lost people just get more fucked up. Forget it....find something useful and fun to do....help someone out, learn to play an instrument, work at something, excercise at least an hour in your day, eat well and search out people who are positive and won't drop you off cliff with what looks like a cool drug thing to do. That culture is mostly just bullshit.
>>
File: 2book41.jpg (469KB, 972x1469px) Image search: [Google]
2book41.jpg
469KB, 972x1469px
>>17663676
It's reassuring to hear this anon, thanks for the insight. I don't know how many times I plan on trying this or if I'll ever try anything else afterwards but you've definitely helped me feel a bit more open to it. I read some different things on Erowid and elsewhere that describe similar experiences as well.

>>17664455
The people I know who do it don't do it enough to fuck up their brains and they all have stable, well paying jobs... you're judging with a rather broad brush by saying stupid shit like this. I think I'll be fine even if we're not in a clinical setting.
>>
>>17662543
take a relatively small dose (half of 1/8th)

and you get all the awesome effects and you stay in control.
I get anxiety with weed but never shrooms because I feel so in control and grounded.
Best drug in the world.
>>
>>17662543
Shrooms ain't nothing to be afraid of. Take a couple grams and just chill. Don't have any expectations and don't be an edgy faglord
>>
It's a gamble. I'm 20 and smoked weed for a few years on and off. Roughly 2 months ago I smoked and got wayyyyyy too high and started reliving childhood trauma, my anxiety about death, which used to be massive and crippling came back, I've been feeling extremely guilty about every wrong thing I've ever done. The anxiety and guilt are still here. But that night I honestly felt like I was losing my mind. Racing thoughts, elevated heart rate, and paranoid thinking. Shit sucked bad. I'd stay away from it honestly.

When I think about it all the people who use psychedelics don't seem fulfilled or happier from it. They usually just get worse in their conditions after the euphoria of their insights wears off.
>>
Understand this:

Drugs like LSD and shrooms are not about some experience happening to you. When you trip on shrooms, YOU ARE the happening. The very thing you identify as your 'self' is what is being warped here. That is the true fear that people experience, not being chased around by imaginary bats.

So dont go into it lightly, dont think of it as a 'good' trip or 'bad' trip. The terms are quite arbitrary when you are tripping. It really boils down to whether or not you feel 'comfortable'. And to be honest, few life-changing experiences feel comfortable.
>>
>>17662697
>Erowid is your friend.
This
also start slow and up the dosage as you feel more comfortable with it
Thread posts: 25
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.