[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

dealing with not being unique

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 6

/adv/ can anyone help me out with the feeling of being not "unique"

I think I finally figured out some of the reason why I feel depressed and sad lately. but It seems like such a childish reason. So much so that it's making me more sad when I think about the reason.

anyways, the reason is because I keep coming back to the conclusion that I am not "uinque" I am merely a drop in the giant ocean of people out there. all of my aspirations and dreams that I want to be in life don't rely on me being exceptionally skilled or being even the best looking guy. but I figured out that I aspire to be unique, a one of a kind. however, I also figured out that I'm not that special nor unique, and there are literally a billion other people who are either like me or are me but better.

is it wrong to be sad because of this? I don't exactly know how I can deal with this realization. honestly, I've felt like ending my life is the right call, after all, the world will keep spinning even if I die, right?

please help /adv/.
>>
pic with haruhi not related
>>
File: 1461870174761.png (1MB, 1176x1729px) Image search: [Google]
1461870174761.png
1MB, 1176x1729px
>>17661792
There's only one of you dipshit.

How you feel can't be wrong.

Your opinion of the world and how it functions seems to be the problem - from my point of view. If you want to change, start there. How do you see the world and does it conflict your feelings.
>>
>>17661830
> If you want to change, start there
it's not that I want to change. I just want to be unique, I don't want to be an "NPC" if that makes sense.

think about it this way. the people that you've met that go right out of your head the moment that you're done talking with them. I don't want to be that person.

at the same time this conflicts with my value that fame and tranquility cannot coexist. to that end I don't wish to be famous, or even well known. I just don't want to be another face in the crowd.

even typing all this now seems so childish. but damnit it's true. you or I don't really matter in this world. in 50 years unless you've done something to really fuck up humanity no one will remember you. in 100 years no one will care that you existed.

I understand that the relief is to live my life the way that makes me happy regardless of how I will be remembered. but there's something about not being special or unique that really gets me.

like I said, it's not even about being famous, its like not being the main character, its like being an NPC.
>>
You want to be a special snowflake.

Just the simple fact that you want so badly to be unique, makes you not unique. Just existing makes you unique, you fucking imbecile. It is actually impossible for any one person to be a carbon copy of you. That alone makes you unique, and the fact that you have such a desire to be more unique than you are just sounds to me like you're a brain dead attention whore.

This is honestly more pathetic to read than suicide threads. Grow the fuck up.
>>
File: yYciC9m.jpg (107KB, 580x998px) Image search: [Google]
yYciC9m.jpg
107KB, 580x998px
>is it wrong to be sad because of this?
no

>I don't wish to be famous, or even well known. I just don't want to be another face in the crowd.
>there's something about not being special or unique that really gets me.
What kind of special would make this feeling go away?

Do you expect to be remembered by everyone you met if you had such an effect? or does it matter to whom you give off this effect? That is to say, is it important that you leave a lasting effect on a rando, or that you do so to someone you think is worth your time.
>>
>>17661938
>you want to be a special snowflake

yeah i know. I acknowledge that the notion is stupid though.

how can I just not feel sad about it?
>>
>>17661938
This is a really aggressive post, but I agree.

Just being yourself, and doing what you want to do already sets you apart from the crowd. Take this from someone who actually does everything in their power to be invisible to others, the fact that you live and do anything at all makes you unique. And you have to come to terms that you are very likely not going to do anything ground breaking in your life, and not many people are going to remember you aside from loved ones.

That is just how life works.
>>
Life goes in cycles, at the end of your cycle life will fucking vaporize you, and suddenly everything you did, or wanted to do is irrelevant, and all that matters is that you acted in an honorable manner, and didn't treat others like shit.

Wanting to be unique is irrelevant. Instead, just try to be a good person.
>>
>>17661959
makes sense.

again how can I not feel sad about this though?
>>
>>17661968
You grow up? That is literally it. Advance yourself as a human. There is 0 reason to be sad about it, its just how it works.

and also this >>17661967
>>
>>17661971
>how do I not be sad about it

>I don't know just stop being sad idiot

k
>>
>>17661975
m8, there is nothing else to be said. this is actually some 16 year old growing pains shit. I wouldn't be surprised if you were b8.

you're just going to have to deal, and move on.

we don't have some magic cure to make you not sad you fucking idiot
>>
>>17661983
truly the life of a misanthropic being

I pity you
>>
>>17661985
Not misanthropic at all, I get through pretty happily actually, and I have no issues with society or people.

What I've offered you is totally valid, and the exact same thing your daddie would tell you right after he made you some tendies.

And the way you worded that reminded me of the egelord "I'm more intellectually intellectual than all of you" youtube kid.
>>
>>17661992
>uses words like tendies and edgelord

>not completely misanthropic

again, I feel sorry for you.
>>
File: 1463444248568.jpg (69KB, 775x837px) Image search: [Google]
1463444248568.jpg
69KB, 775x837px
>>17661985
>his posts
>calling him misanthropic when he literally told you to just advance yourself as a human and just be a good person numerous times
>you get upset because he can't tell you how not to be sad and you have to figure it out yourself

You actually, truly are 15, aren't you?

This is some cringey shit.

>>17661995
>saying tendies and egelord makes him a misanthrope

I know this is your first existential crisis, but everyone combing through this thread is having a good laugh at you right now.
>>
>>17661998
>still replying
>>
File: 1476194942472.jpg (27KB, 478x395px) Image search: [Google]
1476194942472.jpg
27KB, 478x395px
>>17661985
hahahahaha what the fuck this kid

heres your 2nd (you) since you wanted to be special >>17662002
>>
File: 1461813755034.jpg (13KB, 225x225px) Image search: [Google]
1461813755034.jpg
13KB, 225x225px
>>17661992
Only mommy makes tendies, daddy is with his new family.

OP, look into meditation, specifically Koans. Life isn't about mattering at all, just simply existing. Of course the fact that I gave a definite about life means I'm also wrong...Koans are weird.
>>
>>17661792
find yourself OP, this shit is legit af. No shilling

https://www.16personalities.com/free-personality-test
>>
Picture all of the worlds history. Imagine all of the events that happened each one cascading into the other like dominoes. Every single moment from the past , including your birth, all lead up to you, right now, being exactly as you are. This was for no other reason then for you to experience the life you've lived and what you have left to experience. What makes a person special is not what others think about them but instead how that person sees themselves. Instead of focusing on your feelings about yourself, focus on what you are actually doing in your environment. It appears you're suffering from a form of narcissism where you think that the world is against you for arbitrary reasons when in fact the world has given you everything you need. Get your head out your ass and look around you. Instead of " I want to be unique" start with " this moment is unique because I am alive".
>>
>>17661998
>>17661992
>>17661983

Thats not op you spergs
>>
>>17661869

To me, the world is everything around me that I value. If I like you, you're a big part of my world. Try to view the world as a more subjective thing. You are unique to those who love you. Love more people, then.
>>
>>17661792
You are unique. We all are.
On top of our basic genetic sequence which is made unique by random selection and recombination, our epigenetic information is also unique. Then we are affected by our experiences.
Even identical twins are never truly identical at any point in their lives.

What would make you think otherwise? What kind of logic could lead you to conclude that you "aren't unique"?
Thread posts: 25
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.