[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

interview tips

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 1

File: sweaty-man[1].jpg (492KB, 1000x665px) Image search: [Google]
sweaty-man[1].jpg
492KB, 1000x665px
job interview on friday

i want to prepare

its my first big interview

panel interview, maybe a dozen people interviewing me

should i shake each of their hands? its a big much with that many people, right?

im really nervous. any pills i can take to calm me down?

any tips on getting my point across?

any tips on coming up with an answer im stumped on?

any tips on solving a problem on the fly?

any interview tips?
>>
Just be casual. Never forget that they are looking for something you can provide. That has calmed me down. Dont be weird.

What kind of job requires twelve people to interview you? How could there be twelve people in charge of picking out future employees? Anyway, you want to greet everyone there, and shake hands too. Maybe that'll make them realize that this whole panel shit is stupid.
>>
>>17660925
>panel interview, maybe a dozen people interviewing me
I've never heard of more than 4 people interviewing one person, are you sure there will be 12 people interviewing you?
>should i shake each of their hands? its a big much with that many people, right?
Shake everyone's hand upon entering, presuming they are standing or reaching for your hand
>im really nervous. any pills i can take to calm me down?
don't use drugs, don't be a bitch
>any tips on getting my point across?
make sure your answer has a start, middle and end, and it doesn't need extensive backstory
>any tips on coming up with an answer im stumped on?
think of an example or make one up
>any tips on solving a problem on the fly?
think of an answer or make one up
>any interview tips?
Think of/imagine a time you:
dealt with a difficult situation
assisted a colleague in something
resolved an issue on your own
took control of a situation and calmed those involved

Think of/invent a reason you got into X line of work or want to get into it
Think of/invent a negative trait about yourself that sounds good (being dedicated, not being happy leaving things unresolved)
Think of a quick summary of each of your previous relevant experiences.
Don't slouch
Turn your phone off
Take a copy of your resume/CV in a folder, ideally one you can hand over in case theirs isn't up to date
Don't use slang or talk like you are black

Assuming you have held a job before, don't panic, treat it like an informal talk, you aren't the only person they are seeing, you might not get it for reasons out of your control even if you have a brilliant interview, there will be other opportunities out there.
>>
>>17660994
Just imagine people telling their actual weaknesses...

>i sometimes get drunk on tuesdays and will be useless the day after
>i fequently get angry and dumb, retarded coworkers
>i get asthma in spring and will be borderline useless for two months.
>>
>>17661035
I think I'd win
>I take long lunches, ranging from 30 minutes extra to an hour
>I tend to arrive late in the morning
>I watch the clock and leave bang on 5pm, my PC is shut down and my phone on DND at 1655
>I'll stop working to talk shit to people in the office or around the building under the guise of "is everything working ok? any issues?"
>I make up tickets and log them against my name
>I steal things from work
>I add about 20 miles to every 100 I drive so I can get more from my expenses
>I buy random shit to meet my expenses limit for food etc when out on jobs, or I simply claim my lunches from days I'm not out
>I make up tickets requiring that I work on sites in nice cities then spend a day sourcing kit I didn't know I'd need
>I take my girlfriend to hotels I stay in and will claim for her meals on expenses
>I also print receipts for random IT related things and claim them on expenses
>I go to the pub for lunch or drink alcohol on work's time
>I meet new clients and organise expensive meals and piss ups in exchange for contracts
>I take a dump every day at 0940 for 20 minutes while I check facebook
>I pass on jobs I can't be arsed with to my lackeys
If my boss found out how much I take the piss, I'd be sacked, I love working in IT.

My company has hundred of SSDs laying around along with loads of RAM, we don't catalogue anything, our team is dotted all over the country and I'm paid well "so there's no temptations", my colleagues come in and out of the storage room and don't log what they take either, so we just order more kit when we need it, my boss has laptops in most rooms in his home, he also has a LAN party room for playing old games, or so his kids can play minecraft with their friends, he never said if they were appropriated them from work, but they all run Pro versions of windows and have our asset tags on them.

My PC, xbox one and laptop all have SSD's.
My PC has 64GB RAM
I sometimes sell SSDs to friends at mates rates as well.
>>
tell them what they want to hear
>>
In management there is a saying. "hire someone you could stand an 8 hour car ride with".

Be personable, smile, be polite, EYE CONTACT, remember to K.I.S.S. on yes or no questions and K.I.L.L. on detailed questions.

Present yourself as relaxed as possible but stand up straight and speak a little bit louder than is necessary to hear you. This will give you the appearance of confidence.

Ask questions pertaining to the company that you can't find answers to on their website.

What are some of this company's favorite foundations or causes?

Ask for the job: What do you think of me for this position?
>>
>>17660994
>list one """negative""" trait
I hate this meme.
Thread posts: 8
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.