[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Im 19 and I feel like there are no reedeming qualites for me.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 1

File: 1476059327496s.jpg (7KB, 246x184px) Image search: [Google]
1476059327496s.jpg
7KB, 246x184px
Im 19 and I feel like there are no reedeming qualites for me. There is nothing interesting about me and Im pretty boring guy. No hobbies, no dreams, nothing I like. How to become a better person?
>>
Sri Ramakrishna
Loving Kindness
Near Death Experience (The message of all of them is "the only thing you NEED to know is Love")

Love yourself by loving everyone as if they were your greatest love because God, whether personal or impersonal only knows love and loves you WAY more than any person ever loved anyone in the history of humankind.
>>
>>17660591
start by loving yourself and be proud of doing what you like
>>
>>17660620
Thats the problem, im 19 and at uni, but in my free time I just lay on my bed, there is nothing to love or like about me, I am a lazy slob that enjoys nothing, Im not handsome, not very clever, not rich nor charming. I would change it but I have no clue how.
>Learn to love yourself
I have no clue what love is, I had loving family and all but myself I never loved anybody.
>>
>>17660591

Step 1. Stop thinking/talking like that. Is there literally nothing about you that you think is good, or even decent? Worth mentioning at least? You're probably just focusing too much on the negatives to see the positive. If nothing else, it's highly unlikely that you wouldn't have a single interesting trait.

Step 2. Fake it 'till you make it. You don't have to think you're great right this instant - you just need to have a bit of confidence in yourself. If you think that you're really boring and/or an autistic piece of garbage then that's what you'll become.

Step 3. Don't wait for stuff to happen, make stuff happen. For example, if you want to find something you really like, you just have to try a lot of different things. One pretty good way to try new things (with the added bonus of not being lonely) is by simply talking to different people and finding out what they like. Something's bound to resonate with you sooner or later.

It's often pretty hard to see yourself from an objective point of view, since you're ultimately the most biased person against yourself. I've always had a sister to talk to about regarding things like these and I feel like that's given me a lot of the confidence I have today. Just keep in mind that it's very easy to miss the forest for the trees - don't treat your opinion of yourself as fact.
>>
>>17660696
Well Im pretty much autistic garbage. Few years ago I was really into books but last one I read was about 2 years ago. I was into sketching but wasnt good at it so I dropped it. If I got a job and had an interview, to "Tell me something about you" I would respond "I like vidya and sleeping". Thats reallt me. How can I become SOMEONE, not an apathetic faggot?
>>
>>17660722
Well, I think a lot of people are in the same position as you. I'm 19 too and I've never had something I was particularly good at either. I used to read a lot of books but I kinda lost interest, I dabbled a bit in music but only ever finished 3 or 4 songs and I spend my days playing games and reading manga mostly. The only "proper" thing I've done lately is move away from my parents house to study game design in another city, and even then my reasoning was basically "it'll be fun even if it doesn't pay off".

The thing is, I don't think I'm an autistic piece of garbage despite our similarities. There's are many ways to describe interests - for example, I like playing hard or competitive games where you have to get better to win (i.e. Dark Souls, Wings of Vi and mobas) and because of that I've figured out that I'm a huge sucker for self improvement. Playing hard games isn't a character trait, but unwillingness to give up is one. But on the other hand, I could just say that I like playing games and jacking off since that's true too, but I would come across as a slob rather than a pretentious teenager. Wording really does wonders for how you come across - anyone would sound boring if you described them as you just described yourself.

The friends you have like you for a reason, same with your parents. Try to find out what that reason is - you might not even need to change more than your opinion of yourself to not be a faggot.
>>
were like the same person >>17660591
Thread posts: 8
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.