[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Finding out if Im the father

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 45
Thread images: 2

File: 7-weeks-pregnant.jpg (63KB, 1000x665px) Image search: [Google]
7-weeks-pregnant.jpg
63KB, 1000x665px
My gf is a month and a half pregnant and Im worried it might not be mine.
We've been talking about getting married soon and all, but in the back of my mind Im a little worried. We've been dating for about 11 months as of now and I know her pretty well, but it just feels off. Since she told me shes been acting like the perfect gf. And Ive been loving it. I could definitely see a happy marriage for us but like this thought is holding me back. Like Im locking up the emotions and love I feel for her in a closet until I clear this idea.
I was fully aware of the chance of her getting pregnant, and if I didnt love her and be willing to raise a child in case this happened I wouldnt have slept with her. But still, theres the chance.
I dont know how to proceed. We were having some shaky moments around the time she got pregnant so I guess thats fueling my skepticism. Especially because she hangs out with some guys I dont like. And Im pretty sure... Well its all really speculation. How do I clear my doubts without destroying any chance of giving this child a happy family.
>>
Your future is fucked if you're doubting her this early on. You haven't even been together for a year and you don't trust her. Your future holds either 18 years of child support, or an unhappy marriage followed by a nasty divorce.
>>
>>17658623
If I could clear the doubt I dont see why a happy future cant be in order. An paternity test could always be done.
>>
>>17658630
>You haven't even been together for a year and you don't trust her.
>>
>>17658630
>>17658631
Also you know what a paternity test implies? That you think she's been fucking around. Which will destroy how she feels towards you if she hasn't, and thus ending your relationship that way.
>>
>>17658631
Just because I have doubts doesnt mean I cant trust her.
>>17658633
Yes Im aware of the repercussions of a paternity test. Which is why Im here. I dont know what to do and its haunting me.
>>
>>17658642
You need to get these insecurities checked out because, like I said, your future is fucked no matter what happens if you keep letting these doubts cloud your mind
>>
>>17658648
Great, now how do I go about clearly up my doubts.
>>
>>17658652
Apart from therapy? Dunno
>>
>>17658656
Do I ask her to go to couple therapy with me?
>>
>>17658662
No? The problem is on your end, there aren't any problems in the relationship itself.
>>
>>17658665
If there werent I wouldnt have doubts
>>
>>17658670
I bet she has no idea that you're doubting her. In fact, you said that she's basically been the perfect girlfriend. That indicates that the relationship isn't dysfunctional and couples therapy is not what you need.

But hey, bring up couples therapy with her if you can't accept that the problem lies with you and see how that goes. What do I care, it's not my life.
>>
>>17658671
She doesnt know because I dont know how to bring it up.
>>
>>17658682
Again, do what you want. If you want to believe that the problem isn't your lack of trust, then do what you want. I'm telling you how I see it, I have no investment in what happens.
>>
>>17658642
by the time you have a paternity test done, its too late you will be legally obligated to take care of the child regardless of it being yours or someone else's.
>>
>>17658692
My heart actually sank when I read this. Though I looked it up and its not the case. You only have to pay child support until the court goes through with the paternity test.
Which is getting way ahead of ourselves. I can deal with that when the time comes.
>>
>>17658702
If you've acted like you're the father, then they may make you pay anyway. Not being able to find the true father could be enough for this if you stay with her. The state doesn't like to have to hand out money if they don't have to.
>>
>>17658702

It mostly depends on the state, but it's 100% up to the judge. My uncle had a kid who totally wasn't his but, because he waited a whole 3 months for a paternity test, the judge decided that the baby was "bonded" to him and he was stuck with her for life. She just turned 18.
>>
>>17658707
nah the paternity test does it. I read a lot about this when I first read your post. You just have to pay until the test is done.
>>
still thinking about how to proceed. scale of 1 to 10 how badly would outright telling her be.
>>
>>17658856
I told you. Don't say anything to her and seek therapy for your own insecurities and trust issues. Otherwise, everything will go to shit.
>>
>>17658860
I highly doubt theres any way for me to just ignore the idea that im not the father without talking to her.
Im not about to make a thread in a year talking about how the child doesnt look like me while you all scream cuck.
>>
>11 months
>talking about getting married
>potentially got her preggo

You're really fucking stupid, you know.
>>
>>17658707
>source: my ass
>>
>>17658865
Okay, so make a thread in a year about how you've got to pay 18 years of child support for a child who may or may not be yours
>>
>>17658873
Cant do anything about the past. Marriage after a year does seem early. But I really have feelings for this girl so Id like to start things right. We arent planning on getting married right now. It could even be after the baby since shes worried about being huge during the wedding.
>>
>>17658883
You have feelings for the hole that gets your dick wet

don't delude yourself
>>
>>17658888
Wouldnt be with her if that were the case. Weve been sexually inactive for most of our relationship.
>>
>>17658892

Youre a dumbass. Just because you aren't getting laid doesn't mean that pressure to fuck the shit out her is not the reason you're with her.

You're holding off like a good cuck because its still 1790 where you live and you're following the rules of the conservative herd that you live around and with.
>>
>>17658950
dude wtf are you even trying to say.
>>
File: 1476083458913.jpg (11KB, 331x423px) Image search: [Google]
1476083458913.jpg
11KB, 331x423px
>>17658622
This is just another reason I could never have a relationship, the amount of trust you must have for the woman is incredible but when you see the rates of paternity fraud that trust just isn't deserved. You're going to be funneling all this time and wealth into the kid, so unless you're 100% sure he's yours why bother?
>>
just bring it up w her
>>
>>17659174
You have to be retarded to think that's a good idea
>>
>>17658622
tell us more about these guys she hangs with alone with plenty of opportunity to fuck one or more of them
>>
>>17658622
>>17658633

Really paternity tests should be a part of the birth certificate in order to become the official father.

That would solve all these stupid trust issues and doubts people have.
>>
>>17659435
>Let's waste money on a DNA test because kids nowadays are paranoid about worthless shit
>>
>>17659435
totally agree
>>
>>17659446
I forgot Americans have to pay for everything on top of taxes.

Do you really have to pay for every little bit of healthcare?

Also I never said it should be mandatory, only mandatory to become the official father.
>>
>>17659466
You have to pay for paternity tests in Europe too, it's not healthcare - DNA tests are provided for free just when there is a risk of genetic illnesses.
Also - even if they provided it for free to YOU, it is still a cost for the public healthcare. A DNA test goes from 400 to 1000 $. Multiply it for all kids born in your country.
Huge waste of money.

>only mandatory to become the official father.
That's what marriages are for.
>>
>>17658707
It depends on the country
>>
>>17658622
If you dont want to pay for a DNA test you could always try lying that you went to a doctor because your balls hurt and the doc said you have been infertile for at least a year to guage her reaction, chances are this will fuck up your relationship are close to 100 percent because you lied or she potentially lied to you.
>>
>>17658723
so is she an upstanding citizen or is she a piece of human refuse?
>>
>>17659466
>on top of taxes
we have lower taxes than you. and if we didn't have to pay gibs to all the niggers spics and single whores we wouldn't ever bitch about money for healthcare.
>>
>>17658622
Stick with her and support her all she'll let you until the baby's born. Then a DNA test. If it's yours, live happily ever after. If it's not, decide what you can handle then.
Thread posts: 45
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.