[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

called my coworker a monkey today to insult her intelligence,

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 5

File: index.jpg (12KB, 217x232px) Image search: [Google]
index.jpg
12KB, 217x232px
called my coworker a monkey today to insult her intelligence, she has now twisted it and made it racial because shes black.. meeting with manager tomorow.. wtf do i do
>>
>>17657459

apologize. why doesn't even matter, shes a co worker.
>>
>>17657459
Ayy lmao, you dun goofed
>>
Apologize, MAYBE say you got frustrated with her not understanding, and that it was wrong to call her that to insult her intelligence

>>17657468
She could make everyone think he's a racist, even though that's not why he called her a monkey
>>
>>17657459
Explain that if you were being racist you would call her a nigger and not a monkey.
>>
Yeah that's definitely a racial thing...
Monkeys and apes are often used by racists to describe black people. It kind of implies they look like them and aren't as evolved as other races.
>>
>>17657503
>It kind of implies they look like them and aren't as evolved as other races.
That's just stating facts.
>>
>>17657503
that did not even cross my mind...
>>
>>17657522
well good luck convincing them that it was just a coincidence and you just said a random animal.
>>
>>17657459
As a manager, you'll be in trouble either way. You don't demean your coworkers. We exist to ensure customer service is satisfactory, everyone is doing their job, policies are followed...and also if there are issues regarding the staff. You go to the manager when there is a problem.

Good luck.
>>
>>17657459
Youre gonna get fired. Nothing you can do. You have to choose your fights wisely. Calling her a monkey is actually a racial insult. You didnt mean it as one, but you did racially insult her. Youre not going to be able to get out of this one unless you actually feel bad. Go to some black lives matter rally or some shit. You have to prove that you dont have black people now or youre fired.
>>
File: monkey.png (7KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
monkey.png
7KB, 640x480px
>>17657459
>wtf do i do
Troll harder.

Re-frame it as a come on, pet name sort of thing. Find some /cute/ monkey pictures and use them as illustration of your point.

You could take it a step further and declare you're a furry, and you can't help your sexual expression-- it's not your choice.

Ergo, they are being sexist by oppressing your monkey-ways.

Do it faggot, and post results. F.ex, here some furry artwork you can say you drew while thinking of her with a rock hard penis you were imagining was that banana

Over 9000 hours in MT paint, I hope you appreciate it. See, OP, I'm on your side-- you can trust me.
>>
thats verbal abuse and harassment. You're fired where I work
>>
Enjoy this life lesson.
>>
You are a dumb fuck. She didnt "twist it and make it racial" she just took it as anyone would have. In your heart of hearts I dont think you would have called a dumb white coworker a monkey to insult their intelligence. Also even if it wouldnt have turned racial you still should learn its not okay to insult your coworkers just because you got frustrated.
Advice: apologise, start looking for a new job, practice your social skills and learn whats ok and whats not to say and to whom and in which situation and practice keeping quiet when you get frustrated at someone
>>
Hahahaha shit, OP. You silly goose, you got yourself in a pickle. Sucks that people nowadays are so sensitive. Good luck, godspeed
>>
File: 1474682851346.png (143KB, 800x1000px) Image search: [Google]
1474682851346.png
143KB, 800x1000px
>>17657459
Look for a new job. No, seriously
Next time think before you blurt out an insult.
>>
Are you autistic or something? Why would you ever call a coworker that...
>>
>>17657503
All about context. I usually call my nephews monkies. When I called my black friend's kids monkies I could tell he hesitated for a moment, but then remembered I usually call kids monkies.
>>
Develop on how human beings are basically still evolved and domesticated primates anyway, and that you intended to use this word as a way to remind your coworker that we, as human beings, are still prone to mistakes and goofy behaviors, and that you didn't expect it to take that turn as you didn't intend to twist it into a racial argument. And that againt you're sorry.
>>
>>17657757
Please do what this guy says, I know you, OP, can win with this considering if they talk about your fetish with discrimination, you can sue them.
>>
>>17657459
>she has now twisted it and made it racial

Uh huh yeah sure she has
>>
Don't apologize for it. Never capitulate when shit like this happens; it never goes well. Usually it just spirals and gets much worse.

Why did you call her a monkey? Let's examine. Was she behaving in a way that was retarded for a person but would've been par for the course for a monkey? Would you have called anyone that if they'd been acting that way? Is it actually pretty racist on their part to hear "monkey" and automatically think "black person", and are you made more than a little uncomfortable by that?

Hint: the answer to all of those is yes.

You didn't do anything racist. So don't take on guilt for shit you didn't do and for damn sure don't be pressured into apologizing for it. Maintain that a big fuss is being made over nothing and that you're not cool with being accused of racism, especially considering that you weren't the one who felt compelled to bring skin color into this.
>>
>>17659164

Mental gymnastics should be an olympic sport. A lot of 4chan posters would have a real chance at winning gold.
>>
>>17657459
Hahahaha! oh boy, you're fucked mate!
>>
File: 1463956411132.jpg (27KB, 596x324px) Image search: [Google]
1463956411132.jpg
27KB, 596x324px
>>17659164
>>
File: 1465950017588.png (313KB, 622x464px) Image search: [Google]
1465950017588.png
313KB, 622x464px
>>17659164

You do know that pointing out the fact that a word or term has historically been used as a racial insult is not an act of racism itself, right?

Whether or not OP is racist is not the point. He didn't think before he spoke and said something fucking stupid and at this point his motivation for saying it is not really important.

You call a woman a bitch at work and whether or not you were using it in a joke or as a sexist insult is not important. You said something stupid in a professional environment and you have to accept the consequences.

Your post made no sense. The worst thing he could possible do is throw his hands up and say "WHATS THE BIG DEAL, YOU'RE A RACIST FOR THINKING IM A RACIST."

Doubling down on your stupidity because you don't have the balls to admit you did something dumb is never a great idea.
>>
>>17659164

You should do this so you can literally be blacklisted by all the companies in a 50 mile radius.
Thread posts: 28
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.