[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

taking care of urself

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1

What do people mean when they say ''take care of yourself'' to you when your life is shit? how do someone take care of themself?
pic is not related
>>
Don't eat like shit.

Get a grasp for the chemical balance in your brain and try to improve that balance to a standard.
That standard just being a high functioning competent and capable human adult.

I was going to kill myself three years ago.
I wasn't fat but I was eating tons of sugar and junk food with no exercise and it fucked my brain up.

I got a prozac prescription that I used for a few months to get myself into a state where I was...

Showering regularly,
Applying body lotion,
> (that 10 extra minutes of paying attention to your skin does something for you mentally)
Feeding/cooking myself healthy meals,
Cleaning up after myself,
And actually exercising
>(40 minutes every other day)

Once I had a grasp on myself I felt better.
I dropped the prozac, held on for the two weeks where your brain chemicals balance back out again
(you might get a little depressed for a week as the meds drop off- but just hold on through it, keep up your good habits)

I came out on the other side,

and I wouldn't be alive today if I didn't sit down, talk to myself about myself and decide to get my shit together instead of just killing myself.

I also moved myself out of a toxic situation.
I make a lot less money,
But I am more alive and happier now.

Being mentally healthy again also makes me feel more comfortable going in to make more money again. As I can actually handle it now.

Taking care of yourself means exactly that.

No ones going to tag along your life and get you out of bed in the morning into the shower.
No ones going to clean your dishes for you
Or make sure the vegetables make it on your plate.

Depression causes you to neglect your own life, your space becomes messy like your mind.
It take persistent attention to all the details in your life, are you in an environment that enriches you?
No?
Figure out how to make that change and I don't care if it takes over a year.
It took me five years to dig myself out.
But KEEP AT IT and get yourself what you need.
>>
Also FUCK ROMANCE
Don't go after some fucking relationship like it's going to save you it won't.

You're fucked up attitude and lifestyle will just drag someone else down and make you feel worse when they get sick of your shit and leave.

Learn self love,
Jack off every now and then and let that be a part of it.
But actually learn to love yourself at least a little because if you have to feel like you are worth taking care of. And you are.

No other person should determine your self worth.

And once you feel mentally in a good spot,
THEN and only then will it be FAIR of you to try and form a romantic relationship with another person.

If you treat yourself like shit, you're going to get rejected, and keep treating yourself like shit.

So don't do that.
>>
>>17656727

context is key. a girl i know just had a miscarriage so 'take care of yourself' means 'treat yourself'. take yourself out for dinner six nights a week if you can afford it. have dessert. take a week and just do whatever you want that you've always wanted to do.

but it depends on what kind of 'shit' your life is. if its your own doing, take care of yourself might mean get your shit together.
>>
>>17656842
thanks for the detailed answer
I used to eat healthy and am now trying to get into the habit again (my goal is to get clean skin again). Last half year I got a bad habit about eating sweets and unhealthy stuff everyday because it feels good, now I'm trying to just eat it on weekends and special occasions.
I definitely should exercise because I do none of that..
I too am thinking about killing myself.
I don't know if I'm in a toxic situation.. I live at home with a mom and brother who can be very difficult and a dad who's alcoholic and kind of doesn't care. I have thought about moving out but I'm just 19 and not very good with being social anymore (I'm afraid I'd be too isolated if I lived alone).
>>17656882
My context is that I'm a bit messed up.. I had a mild psychosis and isolated myself in that period and afterwards. I lost all my friends and now have none and I'm very uncomfortable being around people.
>>
>>17656973

so who is the one telling you to 'take care of yourself'

you didnt really tell us the context of that
>>
>>17656996
I mean what it means in general to take care of yourself, but it was my friend who said it after I complained to him about my work
>>
>>17657010

>i mean in general

and i told you, there is no 'in general'. it breaks down into context.

someone who just had a miscarriage is being told to pamper themselves. someone who is self destructive is being told to get their shit together.
>>
>>17657020
I already told you the context
>>
>>17657042

'i complained to him about work' is context in the way that

>i asked whats for dinner
is context to your dad beating you. its the tip of an ice berg. you dont even tell us in what sense or how the conversation went.

so figure it out yourself.
>>
>>17656727
like wipe your ass, cut your nails, shower.
>>
i figuratively bleach my skin but one coworker still says i smell
they don't even respect me enough to say it to my face
>>
>>17657061
I wasn't exactly thinking about that episode I'm thinking how do people take care of themselves in general
>>
>>17656973
Fill out the Fafsa- it will be hard if your parents are difficult but keep trying at it till you get all the info to finish the forms.

By going to school and collecting resources from the state you're signing up for a lot of work but It can take you out and put you on a good track.

If you have a friend who wants to move also and go into a room mate situation, that can also help save money.
That's what I ended up doing.

Your family sounds sad, and I think you should leave. It can't always happen right away- but make sure you position yourself on an out the door trajectory.
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.