[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Lawyers, law students and anyone

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 1

File: law.jpg (3KB, 161x121px) Image search: [Google]
law.jpg
3KB, 161x121px
My friend who works at a nursing home just found out that someone had deliberately poured urine into her bag. she found out when she tried to get something in the bag and found out that it was soaked in urine. The stench was terrible. I will be accompanying her to get the surveilance footage at her workplace to see who did it. Once we know who it is, what is the best legal way to get back at that person. Should we contact the police right away or have the HR handle it. We feel that this was done with hate and malice and I feel that it's no longer safe for her to work there. Please any advice would help. Thanks
>>
Find who did it and go up to them and say

"Urine trouble now!"
>>
>>17656203
Damn that actually made us laugh. any other advice?
>>
>>17656204

I don't know where you're from but I think that going to your company's HR would be the best bet. Whoever did it would be incredibly embarrassed to have to admit that, and I doubt they'd be allowed to stay, let alone want to. I don't really think the police can do too much about it.

Anyway glad you enjoyed my joke and I hope it works out well for you, sorry to hear that it happened in the first place.
>>
>>17656222
I'm from the US. We were really hoping to file a police report on this. It's also a health risk issue as well because we dont know what other filth was placed in the bag. Thanks for your advice
>>
Could it possibly be one of the other patients who is dementia or mentally ill? Sad situation to be in hope it gets worked out without too much pain.
>>
If it ends up being one of the nurses you could definitely sue.

Under civil law you'd be liable to sue for various breaches:

>Failure to maintain adequate health and safety policies
>Negligent supervision (works in case of another patient)
>Failure to keep the premises reasonably safe and free of hazards (failure to adequately dispose of waste)
>Negligent Hiring
>Willful / negligent destruction of property

I only took one law course on my way to getting my business degree so definitely take what I'm saying with a grain of salt. Figure out who it was, and then talk with HR about compensation. If they refuse to compensate you then you should talk to a lawyer.
>>
>>17656277
Thank you so much for this. We suspect that its one of her co worker who is also a nursing assistant. We will wait and see who it is and then see what the HR will do about it and then hopefully talk to a lawyer.
>>
>>17656266
>
If by any chance it's one of the patient, then we will just let it go, regardless if they have mental issues or not.
>>
>>17656254
You can do that, it'd be a destruction of property report. That said, it was probably an old person who isn't all there reacting to your friend being a bitch. Cops will give no shits and the courts won't care either.

File under occupational hazard.
Thread posts: 10
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.