[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How much does being committed to a psych ward fuck my career

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 1

File: received_1199409136795904.jpg (10KB, 240x212px) Image search: [Google]
received_1199409136795904.jpg
10KB, 240x212px
How much does being committed to a psych ward fuck my career life?
Say i wanna be a police officer or some sort, work in a public institution?
Or if I already work in one, do i get suspended and then when im 'cured' i can return?
Pls help i feel like a ticking bomb but if i make it, i want to make smtg out of myself
>>
You don't ever tell anyone. Do you honestly think they want a ticking time bomb in charge of a public insitution or the law? Do you honestly think you can handle the stress ?

I knew people who were 'suspended' and went back. But they played the 'suspension' off like they were too stressed and needed time off. they didn't 'snap' or anything before taking time off the job. Or if they did snap it was minimal and they didn't fuck any relationships with boss/coworkers up. They went and quietly talked to the boss and it was fine.

You need to get it under control before thinking of any sort of public job where a meltdown will cost you everything.
>>
>>17655954

Is this a real question or the lyrics to the shittiest song ever?

Oh well, I'll try to help.

Well my friend, you gotta figure, nothing's ever quite that easy
When you're fucked in the head and real life makes you queasy.
Don't worry about the future when the present's just too much,
Get the help that you need now, worry about later when it's such.

Peace.
>>
>>17655987
What would i tell my boss? 'hey boss, excuse me but im sort of fucked in the head although I passed any required psych evaluation, Could I get a medical leave to sort everything out?'
Im going to see a shrink soon but im afraid of people finding out, they already find me 'eccentric'. Problem is i got a unique opportunity i dont want to lose to work as a public servant but my issues are piling up
>>
Im torn between risking everything (inclufing, maybe, soneone elses safety or peace of mind) and losing everything
>>
>>17656055
I just told you what to say and what not to say. ''Hey boss i'm feeling very stressed right now and it's impacting my work, i need some time off' is ok. It is ok to be eccentric but don't be a dick, and keep the crazy to yourself in the workplace. Your issues are piling up...i don't know what to say if you think you can work while you have all these issues while unemployed. You can't get time off as a new hire.

No one will find out you go to a shrink and if they do you can just say you get adhd meds or something.
>>
>>17656068
What if they ask for details, such as the cause of the stress? Or they say that being able to cope with high stress is part of the job and shouldnt ask for time off eveeytime something bothers me
>>
I've been put into the psych crazy person place in a hospital before because they didn't know what was wrong with me. However it wasn't a long time like a week but I was out of work to the point of being called asking wtf I was which I couldn't reply to of course until I got out.

In the US there is HIPPA, which means a lot of things but basically that they have no legal right to know anything about your health sitch. Now if you have a known disability like I do then also the ADA protects you.

You do not say exactly why you have to go, but just that it's medical and serious enough that you will have to miss work. You have to be ultra careful with what you say and who you talk to, because even with these laws people can still attempt to go around them and fuck you over.

Expect them to sadly enough, but when you're sick some people see it as opportunity to gain at your expense.

Be very careful about this but I think you need help so seek it.
Thread posts: 8
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.