[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How to be comfortable with being alone

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 2

File: IMG_1125.jpg (40KB, 670x503px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1125.jpg
40KB, 670x503px
Hi, this is my first time posting here so Im not sure how this works. I just got out/escaped from an abusive relationship of over a year. Now, Im scared to even leave my house or have any sort of interaction with the outside world. I dont want to ever go back, actually. But i know i will eventually feel the need to hang out with people, check out a party, etc. I really just want to keep to myself but as humans, we feel the need to socialize. My question is, how can restrain this need and just be content with being by myself? The only time i would go out if when i work.
>>
Your feelings are understandable given what you've been through.

Is it possible you are really more afraid of getting into another abusive relationship?

Is it that fear that is keeping you from wanting to socialize?

If so, you are not alone. I don't think anyone wants to get into a relationship to get hurt.

You just need more tools to learn how to protect yourself. Educate yourself about identifying the red flags of abusive people.

Education can help you handle you fears.

And if you want to be more comfortable being alone maybe you just need to give yourself permission.

Be more gentle with yourself.
>>
>>17655673
If you just got out, you absolutely need to start seeing a ttherapis, bonus points if you find one who specializes in abuse. Your feelings right now are natural, but you shouldn't be trying to handle them on your own. Doing that will open you up to an emotional spiral that you don't deserve. If your health insurance doesn't cover it, talk to a nearby clinic or planned parenthood. They keep lists of counselors who work with state insurance, or on a sliding scale (they compromise the price to what you can afford)
>>
thanks, but it's not just that. I dont find myself getting into another relationship anytime soon. Im just extremely scarred from my experiences that i feel ashamed to even step foot out. im paranoid. this person did not show any signs of red flags until i was in too deep into the relationship. With that being said, im afraid of what anyone is really capable of. I know not everyone is psychotic, but its that fear that someone could be sweet and chill on one end but secretly turn a new leaf on the other. Whether it be a friendship or relationship, im so fearful to interact with anyone in the matter because that paranoid feeling.
>>
I know I need to talk to someone, but he's threatened me if I open my mouth and speak. He's silencing me. and i know there may be no way for him to find out if i do talk to someone, but im so scared that there is a slight chance that he might so i really cant talk to anyone
>>
so im trying to keep myself occupied with the internet until i can move out of the city where i live. i wont feel safe until then, so im trying to find ways to not be social because of the paranoia
>>
File: 1469394564407.png (335KB, 449x436px) Image search: [Google]
1469394564407.png
335KB, 449x436px
Find the root of the problem first
What scares you so much about being alone ?
>>
>>17655673
sorry op, i think after a certain point it's too late

i got divorced last xmas and now, almost a year later, i have nothing in my life. no friends, no women, nothing. Everyone around me already has their friend groups and there's no place for someone like me to enter. Start watching romantic comedies and learn to cry a lot.
>>
I think you just get used to it. I used to have a very active social life, and I had an ex who hated all my friends. Said it was him or them, and being young and dumb, I chose him. Became completely isolated. Eventually, I got used to being alone. People don't dislike me, I just have problem forming bonds now.

OP, don't be afraid or speaking about what happened. If he was truly awful, then you'd be helping someone else from the same fate. Talking to a counselor might really help, and they won't go find your ex and tell him. You can also go get a restraining order against your ex if you live in fear daily.
Thread posts: 9
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.