[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Getting back in touch with Aspergers Girl

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 35
Thread images: 2

File: download (4).jpg (7KB, 224x225px) Image search: [Google]
download (4).jpg
7KB, 224x225px
>crushing on lab partner from last year
>she literally has been diagnosed with aspergers
>she's into weird shit like astrology
>had a boyfriend all last year
>don't see her for a semester until she pops up again last month and says hi to me
>check fb, she's now single
>meet up by chance and have incredible conversation with her two weeks ago
>talk about all kinds of things, she's laughing at my jokes
>mentions that she's trying to avoid changing her life right now
>ask if she wants to hang out sometime
>she says yes, but she needs to figure out work first
>message her on FB a few days later,
>we talk for a bit, but she ignored my last message (question about her cat, lol)
What do I do about this? I know I should give her more time, but how do I know when (or if) to try again? I love this weird chick so much. I keep thinking that if I wait, she might forget about me or find someone else. Help me 4chans!
>>
Cute. Talk to her irl more so than on fb
>>
>>17655369
I don't see her irl though, except for running into her every month or so
>>
>>17655308
Even ASD girls are not immune from dating game bullshit anon. Since you seem to care, I'd try to reschedule one more time but then move on if she does either of
>ignores you
>says she'll reschedule but give you nothing in terms of an exact date
>>
>>17655372
Go out of your way to "run into her".
>>
>>17655377
I do man, I do. It's not really possible though since I don't know her schedule
>>
>>17655387
Make a note (write or type it, not mental you will forget) next time you see her. Time&date, location, and mood.
Also get her to laugh irl, but dont try toohard to make jokes via text
>>
>>17655387
you guy's think this would be a good way to re-open on FB (assuming I don't see her irl in the next week or so):

>hey, I'd love to see you again at some point in my life:)
>>
>>17655403
Did you even read what you just wrote?
>>
>>17655403
Accidentally-on-purpose end up with an extra ticket to a group event you think she'd like and shoot her a message asking if she'd like to take it?

The safety of a group event should cover for you
>>
>>17655503
Is it that bad? It's mildly sarcastic
>>
>>17655598
The first time I read it, it sounded pathetic. Now that I read it again with a sarcastic tone, which I can almost guarantee an aspie won't, it just reads as dickish.
>>
>>17655621
thanks, i guess i should just give up trying to be witty with this girl
>>
>>17655628
Honestly, I agree with >>17655510
That seems like it could work.
>>
>>17655634
thanks guys, I'll give that a shot
>>
>>17655669
Good luck out there, aspie chicks are so fucking cute when they aren't insane.
>>
>>17655308
Give us a pic of her and a pic of you to see if it's even worth it desu
>>
>>17655693
nah, I don't want to post pics of her on a mongolian fingerpainting board. She's thin and pale though, with reddish blond hair.

She's trying to go to med school to be a coroner, lol.
>>
Does she look like this, OP?

>>17655621
>which I can almost guarantee an aspie won't, it just reads as dickish.
This is a stereotype and not necessarily true. She's obviously one of the more normie of aspie girls.
>>
>>17656079
Hell, I didn't read it as sarcastic, and I don't have Aspergers. And I did say almost.
>>
>>17656216
You don't have the context, though. If the aspiegirl knows that OP uses this kind of sarcasm often then she'll be able to spot it easier.
>>
>>17656336
It's still not funny though.
>>
Op ---> rejected by autist.
Work on your game.
>>
>>17655308
I'm pretty sure I know the type of girl you're dealing with. All the drawbacks of a normie with all the drawbacks of an aspie. None cool autism intelligence power or any of the adaptability of a neurotypical.

This is the kind of girl who invite guys for coffee and get surprised when they take off their clothes. They have no common sense at all but are still functional enough that they can get themselves into trouble.
>>
Asperger's can be difficult to date. I think there is something that attracts the normal person to one if they aren't a complete basket case...they seem more "real" and just kind of more loveable, idk. I dated one for a bit in college. Great person but would just "shut down" for weeks sometimes. Would also get frustrated over things that normal people definitely don't. Freaked out several times and was sometimes a bit embarrassing. For the most part she was a sweetheart though.
>>
>>17656503
I wasn't really trying to be funny though. I just wanted to let her know that I want to see her without coming off too serious.

>>17656560
She's really intelligent, definitely smarter than me. What attracts me to her the most is that she has none of the normie kind of barriers in conversation. We talk about things, (like hobbies) that you wouldn't expect to go in depth about in a conversation with a normal girl. She also says absurd, yet extremely cute things. Like how she "hates doors" and "likes finding patterns in sticks on the ground"
>>17656523
I don't think an aspie would respond to good game the way you think they would. IDK though, I don't want game, I just want to be with this chick.
>>
>>17657302
>She's really intelligent, definitely smarter than me. What attracts me to her the most is that she has none of the normie kind of barriers in conversation. We talk about things, (like hobbies) that you wouldn't expect to go in depth about in a conversation with a normal girl. She also says absurd, yet extremely cute things. Like how she "hates doors" and "likes finding patterns in sticks on the ground"
Do you think it's possible to find a neurotypical like this? All you need to do is stop giving a shit, right? No autism powers needed.
>>
>>17657302
Just be honest with her, bro. I'm in a different situation with an aspie girl, and I've known quite a few. In my experience, they generally don't do great with sarcasm. Be very upfront about what you're trying to say.
>>
>>17657476
No one neurotypical says absurd but cute things of that nature unless they're ~9 years old, and it's only cute then if it's your kid.
>>
>>17657481
So it's a bad thing that she says these things?
>>
>>17657487
No.
>>
>>17657487
I love them. I hear normal relationship conversations with my friends and their girlfriends all the time, and they bore the shit out of me, just going on and on about people they know, and events they're going to. I don't know what's on this chick's mind, and that's what fascinates me.

She kind of reminds me of how I used to be in high school before I got socially mentored by my friends in college.
>>
>>17657533
coincidentally, the way I ran into her a few weeks back was at a public tarot card reading that she set up. She had shit like bones that she'd found on the ground, and feathers she'd bought at a shop set up to make it look legit.

Her aspergers definetely shows, lol.
>>
>>17657567
Pretty cute desu
>>
>>17657636
yeah, I just hope she see's it that way. I've gotten way too emotionally invested in this girl.
Thread posts: 35
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.