[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Opinions Wanted: Snapchat

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 2

File: cool_cat.jpg (333KB, 1920x1200px) Image search: [Google]
cool_cat.jpg
333KB, 1920x1200px
Hi /adv/,

Need an opinion on whether I'm being crazy or completely rational and sane.

Been with the gf for about 3.5 months now, known her for about 10 months all up. It's a fairly new relationship and probably her first really serious one. For reference, I'm 25 M, she's 22 F.

Now about a year and a half ago, she met this guy on exchange, they broke it off after exchange ended. He wanted to try long distance with her, but she turned him down. They stayed in touch somewhat until it became 'too hard' for him, and he went cold. We met after that, and she was still finding it hard to stop thinking about him throughout the first part of our friendship. I asked her out after that.

Yesterday I saw her on snapchat and I saw her send him one (she wasn't exactly trying to hide it). It was a story snap anyway, but she selected him from her recent snaps so I know she's been snapping him recently. I brought it up and she said it's no big deal and it's only been 3 times and assures me she loves me and that they're only friends and he's overseas anyway etc. She says she sees snapchat as a 'whatever' thing and that it doesn't mean anything to her, she doesn't consider them to be 'in contact' with each other just because they snap each other.

We haven't been having any issues or anything, but I live about 4 hours away from her so we don't see each other all that often. Also, I find the "my gf has been snapchatting with her ex" idea very fucking shady. Especially since she didn't tell me about it or anything. I asked her who initiated and she couldn't say - she said probably him but can't remember. I didn't ask her to stop, nor would she if I did. She's stubborn like that and doesn't like the restriction - which is fine. I don't want to restrict her from doing anything. I trust her to go clubbing, hang out with guy friends etc.

In the end I asked her to be more considerate and at least tell me if she was doing things that I might not be comfortable with.
>>
Break up with her. It'll be better for both of you
>>
My question is: Am I being crazy for not wanting her to snap her ex?

It should be noted that:

At the start of our relationship, I told her I wouldn't hold her back from doing anything, as long as she told me about it first. Of course, that doesn't mean she can do anything she wants, it just means if she wants to do something completely irrational and beyond what I think is acceptable, I'd break up with her first. She has broken this rule in the past though - gone clubbing without telling me citing a lack of a form of communication and the "no big deal" argument.

Also, in the past I made a big of a deal about snapchat. Her 'best friend' on snapchat (ie. most snaps back and forth, 2 week+ streak) was some other guy friend of her's. She said it was again, no big deal because he didn't contact her any other way so it's how she talks to him. That's why they're bff's on snapchat. She also says she thinks snapchat isn't a big deal/serious. I told her to be more considerate of me in both instances.
>>
>>17655156
nah dude, I love her. This isn't something to break up over. It's just an issue we're having and needs to be resolved.
>>
>>17655177
You (plural) are not having an issue, you (singular) are. She's snapchatting a guy who doesn't even live in the same country as her, and *you're* the one who's insecure about this. This isn't about her, this is about you
>>
She fantasize fucking overseas man, but you are the one who stick penis in her. Act like it. Live in present moment.
And if later woman wanna go, you hold open door for her and tell her bye safe journey. You keep living your own journey, yes
>>
>>17655192
>you are the one who stick penis in her.
>I live about 4 hours away from her so we don't see each other all that often.
>>
>>17655187

I guess it's more about the fact that she didn't tell me when it happened. I mean she wasn't hiding it either. I just find it a bit inconsiderate considering what happened before, and that I'd told her the same thing.

>>17655192
Yeah I'm not cool with that. If she's fantasizing overseas then she can chase her dream. I'm not going to stick around for a girl hoping she gets over her ex.
>>
>>17655198
Well you answered your own question, no?
>>
>>17655192
>>17655195

Also, for religious reasons, she doesn't believe in sex before marriage. Pretty much anything else goes though I guess.
>>
>>17655204

Yeah I guess so. I think I'm just tired of the "no big deal" argument she keeps giving me. I mean I don't need to know every aspect of her life, but she'll accost me because I was looking at her phone whilst she was snapchatting in front of me like "Why are you looking anyway?".

Like well, obviously because you don't feel the need to tell me this stuff so I feel the need to look.

I feel like I should be having this conversation with her instead but typing it out here helped me clear my thoughts. Thanks guys.
>>
>>17655198
>I guess it's more about the fact that she didn't tell me when it happened. I mean she wasn't hiding it either. I just find it a bit inconsiderate considering what happened before, and that I'd told her the same thing.
How in the world do you expect her to bring that up? "Btw I'm snapping this guy I had a thing for, I'm not going to stop but I'm going to tell you about it because you're insecure"

If she had been hiding it, that'd be one thing, but she's not. This is literally just your insecurity talking.
>>
File: 1471192686029.jpg (18KB, 452x548px) Image search: [Google]
1471192686029.jpg
18KB, 452x548px
>>17655147

Keep everything in perspective.

One incident may or may not mean anything but it would be foolish to jump to conclusions. If a pattern of shady things start emerging then it would be safe to draw up some kind of conclusion.

If you're interested in waiting this out then keep an eye on her. If shady things start piling up then you've got a green light to assume that sending snapchats to this one guy isn't necessarily the full extent of her fishery.

Don't jump to conclusions but don't be inactive. Its very possible that she just sends a random snap every now and again and isn't plotting to move overseas to cheat on you. Its also positive that she's keeping one foot in the relationship and one foot out.

Gather more evidence, anon.
>>
>>17655213
Idk - maybe like "super random but my ex just snapped me." Me:"are you gonna reply?". her:"yeah. Is that cool?". Me:"yeah, I guess"

>>17655223

It's not about her cheating or having feelings otherwise. I know she doesn't. I'm not THAT insecure. It's just about her thinking this shits not a big deal and that she can just not tell me when she thinks it's all cool when it might not be. I don't wanna leave shit in the grey of whether or not I'll be cool about it.
>>
>>17655299
>Idk - maybe like "super random but my ex just snapped me." Me:"are you gonna reply?". her:"yeah. Is that cool?". Me:"yeah, I guess"
That sounds very "I don't want you to but I don't want to look insecure so I'm going to pretend I'm not".

And what if she'd been snapping him a lot longer than before you asked her out? What would you expect her to say?

You say you trust her, but what you're saying here implies you really don't.
>>
>>17655311

Yeah well that's what it means. I trust her but I don't have to be super ecstatic about her getting back in contact with her ex. Is anyone, really?

And if she'd been snapping him for longer than that then she could've said so when I asked her yesterday at least. But she confirmed it was a few weeks ago, so that's not the case. In fact, she would've told me when we were still good friends.

And yeah I trust her not to cross that line, but her not telling me about this stuff really does lower my trust in her ability to judge these situations.
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.