[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Deleted her from facebook

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 5

File: 1472959910344.jpg (96KB, 768x1024px) Image search: [Google]
1472959910344.jpg
96KB, 768x1024px
So, after 2 months of mourning and going into a bit of a depressive state after my girlfriend and I broke up, because she wanted to pursue another guy, I decided I was through with checking her Facebook for hints on whatever she was doing or feeling.

At first I just deleted her from my feed but today I went on her facebook page and deleted her for good, the last connection I had with her. All the photos were already gone, all the memories really, just not facebook and I was always finding myself going to her feed daily like a stalker.

Anyway, I can't help but feel like it's a bit immature that I did it as well, I understand it's for the best but now I am wondering about it... Any non-red pill and non-biased commentaries on this to make me feel better altogether?
>>
Get the fuck over yourself, my god.
>>
You did the right thing dude, it's a step to moving on and finding another girl
>>
File: 1472961964744.png (2MB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
1472961964744.png
2MB, 1920x1080px
>>17654842
Yeah, I guess I tried to keep her added because it felt like a last connection, something to cling on to.

Whatever I posted or whatever photos I took I always thought about her possible reaction to it, I thought how she'd see it, so I'd end up molding my 'facebook behavior' around that, which was unhealthy as fuck.

Either way, I couldn't help but wonder if being the better man here would have meant to just deal with that and move on without having to do something that can be portrayed as childish by her. I guess in a way I am still caring about what she'd think of this action.
>>
>>17654830
It's for the best you removed any contact with her. Not healthy for you to be checking in on her activities while you're still trying to move on.

Find a new hobby, hang out with friends. Try to spent as little time as possible sitting around doing nothing (gives you the opportunity to sit, mope and overthink shit).
>>
>>17654884
Yeah, I've been trying to go out as much as possible and having fun with friends, but end up having too much time alone for my own sake.

I guess I am on the right path though, I am seeking new hobbies and having plenty of social encounters that have been making me feel good again.
>>
>>17654868
you did good and if you have anything else around little by little purge yourself of those things as well
>>
>>17654900
I have a JBL speaker and a little music box she gifted me but I feel like those are pretty expensive for me to just throw away. Oh also a cat which I love dearly.
So yeah, there'll be some reminders and I just have to deal with that... now I do have a framed photograph though, hidden somewhere in a box.
>>
File: g2ijk2D1.jpg (173KB, 960x960px) Image search: [Google]
g2ijk2D1.jpg
173KB, 960x960px
>>17654837
WHAT DOES THIS EVEN MEAN?!
>>
File: 1472963204742.jpg (212KB, 1600x800px) Image search: [Google]
1472963204742.jpg
212KB, 1600x800px
>>17654982
Just ignore it as I do.
It's people coming to /adv/ thinking they are in /b/ I guess.
>>
>>17654830
facebook is garbage and shouldnt substitute a real life conversation. who cares what you do on it. just dont embarass your self.
>>
>>17654830
Why did you keep her in your life that long?
Once it's over, it's over. Cut all ties. Like pulling a band-aid off, the longer it takes the more it hurts.
>>
File: 1472963743974.jpg (421KB, 1680x1050px) Image search: [Google]
1472963743974.jpg
421KB, 1680x1050px
>>17655002
I know man, I much prefer real life over facebook, but times have changed and many people give relevance to these types of things, it's fucked up but it's the 21st century so far.

>>17655007
To be honest, I didn't know if she had gone through with that.
She was always calling our mutual girl friends and crying every day about how she loved me and whatnot. Saying she still wants to marry me and have my children, so I felt that maybe, she could have realized she had fucked up and go back with her word.

Apparently she didn't. I had the confirmation today that she had gone through with it with this other guy. So I decided there was nothing left for me to go back to now, so I might as well move on.
>>
>>17655110
Yes you tell yourself to move on, but here you are asking us if what you told yourself is good. Move on, and trust yourself. Man with self-love and self-respect go far in life
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.