[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Poor and shit family, no future

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1

File: 1425812182570.jpg (100KB, 500x666px) Image search: [Google]
1425812182570.jpg
100KB, 500x666px
I come from a poor family in the UK, we are pretty much living at the threshold of poverty, we have a cramped house and eat food and have internet, but we don't have money for pretty much anything else and because of this I have no hobbies except gaming.

I have no friends and my mum is an emotionally abusive bitch (I don't say this lightly, I tried to keep good relations with her my whole life but she 'forgets' all the bad things she has done and generally drives me insane with frustration) who blames me for all her problems even though I am her 4th child and I do nothing to offend her except play games in my room and keep to myself. This has pretty much destroyed all of my self confidence and I have never had a girlfriend and had anxiety to the point where I wouldn't even go outside to the shop because I was scared I would be judged badly.

I did OK in school (not uni, I am 18) and had a temporary job that I recently left because it was very disorganised, I got no training and it was a pretty shit work environment.

I want to know how I can actually build a life that isn't shit. I am overweight and unattractive with very little social skills. I don't even have the confidence to go to the gym. I want to one day make money and buy my own apartment (maybe even a house) where I can live on my own (maybe with a girlfriend/wife) happily and not have to worry about being screamed at or all the other bullshit that comes with living with my family.

It doesn't feel like something I can achieve. I have read many stories about people with happy endings where they have children and a wife and a house, but I guess not everyone can achieve this. What do I do? When do I accept my life will always be shit and just kill myself?

Sorry for the rant, if I had a counselor I would be telling them this instead but this board is the closest thing I have to a mental professional.
>>
What are you doing right now, sitting at home, being a NEET, waiting for something to fall into your lap? Go and get a fucking job
>>
I can relate - single mother, council house in a shitty area, played vidya a lot, quite introverted. I did go to college/uni though. My dad was a prick whenever I saw him as well, drinking problems.

Self improvement can only begin when you're ready. I'd never been a fat cunt but I was always chubby. Last year I realised I had proper went too far when my clothes were really tight/not fitting anymore. Did at least an hour of exercise every day, and cut out fizzy drinks. I'm back to just below my regular weight now, so still chubby, but a lot happier. It was really easy as well, you've just got to commit to going for a walk/lifting shit in your room or whatever - you don't need a gym. Fizzy drinks are a killer as well as juice etc, stay away from sugary drinks is all I can say.

As for a gf, shelf that for now. Let it be a motivation for improving yourself. You could always try tinder but desu at this point it may just frustrate you more than anything. Wait until you're happy with how you look in your pics.

Overall you just got to keep on keeping on mate. You're still young, take your time, self improvement is slow but after a couple weeks you'll notice the difference both mentally and physically. Good luck.
>>
>>17654058
I am applying for jobs, I just applied for two today. If it was so fucking easy to get a good job I would already have one.

Working for £5 an hour 9-5 is worse than not working at all because I still won't have enough money to move out, but I will instead have to deal with my families shit and also my work at the same time.
>>
>>17654081
surely working will help you get away from your family. even if you aren't earning much, you will at least be able to save SOMETHING, and in the meantime you can apply for other jobs. if you can find a job that is boring, but where you can just relax and get on with it, without being too stressed, it can actually be quite enjoyable in itself (really depends on colleagues etc. but even working in a restaurant doing dishes can be chill)
>>
>>17654081
You're 18, with no work experience that you can use and no education beyond high school. Do you really think you're in a position to be picky about the jobs you take?
>>
>>17654058
I also wanna add that I am considering the army too as a last resort. I am not wanting to be a NEET, it's the last thing I would want, plus I would commit suicide before deciding to live my entire life at my parent's house doing nothing.

>>17654061
I feel like it's already a bit too late. Everyone I knew in school has had a girlfriend by now, and they have solid social groups that invite them out to places or events etc.

Is it even possible to build up 10+ years worth of social skills in only 1 or 2?
>>
>>17654095
>Is it even possible to build up 10+ years worth of social skills in only 1 or 2?

Huh? You're 18 FFS. even if it takes 10 years you will only be 28 by the time you can be socially confident, which is the prime age of attractiveness for men.

i know people at my uni who are in their 40s, and loving life, and to think that you are giving up at a mere 18..
>>
Well, you view yourself as a victim. You're 18, so you still kind of are, but you're coming very close to the age where you need to take COMPLETE responsibility for your life. You're old enough to get a job, just because you got one job and you didn't like it doesn't mean you're allowed to sit on your ass and play video games all day.

If you don't wanna end up like your family distance yourself from them by any means possible. They will just hold you back. But it seems to me that you're perfectly content to be a loser. So you'll probably stay in the comfort of your home playing video games.

And before you accuse me of not having a clue I'm 20, moved out at 19 to support myself and go to school. Don't talk to either of my parents and I'm getting help from no one.
>>
>>17654089
>>17654093
I left my temp job because it wasn't chill, it was paying £5 an hour and I was expected to cover for my colleague for a full month as well as doing my own job (my colleague was a trained accountant and I would have had to do her duties with no mistakes), so I left because I didn't sign up for that and I barely had any idea on how to do my job because they provided no training except my 'induction' of 3 hours.

£5 an hour is shit considering pretty much every min wage job pays the full adult wage which is £7.20 ph

I'm not being picky, I don't see the point in working for less than I could earn anywhere else.

>>17654089
Im hoping I find an enjoyable job, dishwashing wouldn't be bad if my coworkers were similar to me and I could get along with them

>>17654100
I'm not giving up, I feel like I'm already last in the race because like I said, my old school friends are 10 steps ahead of me in every way and somehow I will have to not only catch up but exceed them, because even they complain that their lifes are shit.

>>17654109
I left my job 1 week ago, I've been applying to jobs and been to the careers service to ask for help with my CV since then (and the dude helped me with literally nothing except telling me to put all my shit on 1 page).

I'm not content with being a loser. I haven't touched a game for the past 2 days. I want to improve my life, and I know that a lot of the shit parts of it are my fault. So I guess i am a loser but that doesn't mean Im happy about it
>>
>>17654119
>I'm not being picky, I don't see the point in working for less than I could earn anywhere else.
Sure, but if you're not able to land these jobs, you take what you get. The longer you sit on your ass at home doing fuck all, the worse it looks to everyone in your future

>Im hoping I find an enjoyable job,
Again, you're not in a position to be picky. You take what you can get, because if you don't, someone else will and you'll be left behind because you have more pride than you can afford to have.
>>
>>17654119
>I left my temp job because it wasn't chill, it was paying £5 an hour and I was expected to cover for my colleague for a full month as well as doing my own job (my colleague was a trained accountant and I would have had to do her duties with no mistakes), so I left because I didn't sign up for that and I barely had any idea on how to do my job because they provided no training except my 'induction' of 3 hours.
You know, that job could have been great work experience and leverage to get another similar job. But you've burned that bridge now
>>
>>17654119
don't compare yourself to your old school friends. i remember a study that found that it doesn't matter if people are at one of the absolute top universities in the world, if they aren't in the top group amongst their peers they will feel depressed: which is stupid because the whole year is so much better than the rest of the population.

so comparing yourself with your peers is the route to unhappiness.

focus on only on your own life and achievements relevant to you. considering your position it is very commendable that you are applying for jobs, and looking for a way to move forward.
>>
>>17654147
It was a job secured through a friend of my dad's. It was 6 people in an office with a shit boss who did nothing but had a problem with everyone, not just me.

The work experience could have been valuable but the job was so mundane that I would have learnt nothing else - I worked for 3 weeks and only got 3 hours of training. It would have led to nothing. I'm not talking about a proper company with organisation and structure, i'm talking about a shitty broken down factory that opened less than 6 years ago.

I've applied to royal mail today and that actually does have future opportunities. Even ASDA and mcdonalds have more opportunities.

>>17654128
Yeah, I agree. It does look bad and I shouldn't be picky because I am literally unemployed. However, this job that I left had no opportunities for the future, no raise, no promotion opportunities (there was no position to be promoted into), and it left me feeling even more stuck than my life felt before I got it. So even though I may have no choice, i'd just rather not go into a job like that again.
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.