[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

This is getting ridiculous.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 1

File: z.jpg (23KB, 479x177px) Image search: [Google]
z.jpg
23KB, 479x177px
>pic very related

should I fall for liberal art school meme or is that really only for rich tumblr kids who don't have to worry about bringing a paycheck home? especially in a rural town? I feel like it's the only thing I am close to being decent at/not dropping out of.

Should I go with my heart, or my head?

I can't be a NEET anymore. I can't be a manchild living off mommy's money anymore. I can't take another break. No more. ENOUGH.

ask me questions, give me thinking tools, tell me about yourself/how you chose, whatever, just please, please help me out /adv/.

I'm desperate.
>>
I'm a STEM master race so I don't know much about liberal arts careers. But it seems going the formal education route with liberal arts is pointless when you don't have licensing exams or board certifications. You can learn anything from people on YouTube. Why pay to go to classes?
>>
Just go and become a teacher.
>>
>>17653190
Just pick up a trade if you don't have the aptitude for the sciences or engineering.
>>
>>17653190
It depends. If your degree is being paid for by scholarship, or birthright, then follow your dreams. If you're paying yourself, or going into debt, then get a degree that will make you MONEY.
>>
>>17653218
>STEM master race
Lucky you...
>Why pay to go to classes?
I know what you mean and that's what makes me doubt going into artisticy field even more but it goes both ways. I can also learn sciency tech shit on YouTube as well (programming, etc).

>>17653225
No... No thanks. I don't think so. I'm more of a follower/learner than a leader/teacher. Plus, I cannot deal with kids. At all.

>>17653229
Doesn't work like that here. Either all 3-4 years or BTFO.

>>17653237
It isn't. I'm-- We're poor as fuck and I gotta bring home paychecks asap.
But I can't just dive into the thing that gives me money - if it was like that, I'd be going for medicine right now, but do I look like I can do medicine? I can't. I just can't, no matter how much money it promises me. It doesn't work like that; I don't work like that. Tried, doesn't work no matter how hard I try to get into it.
>>
Where are you from, OP?
I completed a Liberal Arts degree because I fell for the "follow your dreams" meme and it's ok. I make $30k-$40k, which isn't a lot, I guess. I might go back to school for a better career in my area.
>>
>>17653474
> I can also learn sciency tech shit on YouTube as well (programming, etc).
yes you can.
But nobody will hire you, if you tell them you self taught physics and can do the job(programming is an exception).
For artsy studies, nobody will hire you regardless, so it doesnt make a difference, wether you self taught or not.
>>
>>17653484
From a quite rural small isolated island in Greece-lvl Europoor country.

So yeah. You went "ok" probably because anywhere else in the fucking world is half decent enough for that.

>30k isn't a lot
I know for higher prices that mustn't be a lot in your country but holy fuck that is a fortune to me right now.

>>17653491
True. Good point.
>>
Idem:
I am absolute shit at Math and logical thinking. Give me the simplest Math problem and I'll only manage to whine like a little faggot "Anooon I give uuuuup".

That's why I'm scared of too scienc-y and tech shit.

TL;DR is Multimedia/3d design as much of a shitty choice as arts? It's the closest I see to combining tech and artisms (and even then, 3d design is scaring me; can I really build fictional houses n shit for 3-4 years?)
Or should I completely 180 and go for, fuck if I know, Biology? Social/human science?

I'm not looking for validation, or for anyone to make the decision for me, I really just need POVs and insights. Please.
>>
>>17653512
If you would be willing to take biology, medicine would be a good joice. more money and better job than as a biologist. No maths.
How about Law-school?
>>
>>17653190
As a STEM, sometimes I walk past hipster looking students and overhear something like:
>"Yeah my report is about the impact of the French Revolution on women and gender roles"
I think: what the fuck are you going to do with such a bullshit report? The only people who are going to read it or care will be other circlejerking hipsters. I can't see any possible way that stuff applies to a real job or even real academia. So my guess is, like you say, they have rich parents and don't need to worry about earning money.

That being said it's not impossible, I guess it depends on what you do within the whole liberal arts thing. There are probably fun and interesting areas you can study. Personally I've always liked history, but more out of interest rather than something I'd actually study so idk.

tl;dr you probably won't make much money but you might find some enjoyable stuff which is as important as (if not more than) earning money. If you're good at it and you enjoy it, go for it.
>>
>>17653474
>Doesn't work like that here. Either all 3-4 years or BTFO.
I 100% guarantee your local community college has trade certification programs.
>>
>>17653474
What kind artsy shit you wanna do?
>>
>>17653936
I was looking into 3D or Multimedia
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.