[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Moving out

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 2

I broke the news to my parents that my girlfriend and i are moving out together and they werent too happy about it. Any one out there to give me some advice for someone who is moving out for the first time?
>>
>>17652465
>advice for someone who is moving out for the first time

Don't do it with your girlfriend.
>>
>>17652469
why is that?
>>
>>17652489
if you break up it'll suck
>>
>>17652492
it probably wont mean anything to you but her and i have had the experience with other people to know how to have a peaceful argument. And we have discussed this in advance. If by chance one of us leaves the other person will be able to afford to live on their own, but we are a very strong couple and plan on being together for a very very very long time. i understand your concern though.
>>
>>17652489

Maybe I jumped the gun on that one, let me rephrase.

Don't do it with your girlfriend unless you have a career, a savings over 100k, and able put that shit in your name / take that relationship to the next level.

Focus on you man, instability when transitioning into adulthood is a bitch - and co-signing any lease/living agreement with another person (even friends) is a catalyst for catastrophe. Doesn't mean she can't come over your cribbo every night, but at least when you guys fight (spoiler)you guys will fight(spoiler) you won't have to go through all that hooplah and could sleep in a nice bed (your own dojo) with a fresh mind for work or school the next day ready to fix last nights problems and still venture further into adulthood.

Set yourself up for success man, life's a bitch and then you die.
>>
>>17652519
We're just two 20 year olds wanting to move out. I want a taste of the real world and if it bites me on the ass well then im glad it happened now rather then later on. Im ready to see how this all goes and the experience it comes with. Im ready to learn what is right and wrong.
>>
File: im ready senpai.png (161KB, 640x541px) Image search: [Google]
im ready senpai.png
161KB, 640x541px
>>17652527

I respect this anon, but let me suggest you take more prudent decisions as life is compounding. What I'm saying is you can also learn from positive experience, so why not avoid the negative? If you love this girl, use living on your own as a crash course so that the relationship itself doesn't take those hits. You can still grow in the meantime, and should. Bring your experiences and knowledge gained into a new level of matrimony when the time is right.

You will get tired of bites on the ass fairly quickly anon.
>>
>>17652519
also we've been talking about this for about a year now, and have been looking at places for half of that year. Im great at math too so i have our finances set up for everything. We've been saving up for a little more than a year now as well. I think we are pretty prepared for this transition.
>>
>>17652534
i see where youre coming from, but living on my own isnt really an option for me right now. We already have this place settled and everything. I would love to start out living on my own but i didnt have a job or enough savings to support myself. So right now it just seems like a perfect time to do so.
>>
>>17652544

Don't do it anon, stay with the rents and stack up some more bread first. Finish a degree, get a career at least.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ch25kKo6QUo
>>
>>17652550
theres no going back now ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ fuck it
>>
Damn, you're all so negative.
Hey OP. Living with my boyfriend since I turned 18, we have been living together for 5 years.

>Chores
Have a schedule and decide who is going to do what.
No nagging, no fights, no "can you please do X?".
Routine chores should be divided and scheduled. We saved so many small arguments just by having a schedule and knowing who does what.

>Budget
Me and my boyfriend have a shared bank account in which we put some money (1/3 of our wages) and we use it to pay for the bills and the food.
Do meal planning and buy just the food you need.

>Don't buy furniture all together
Buy the essentials and then add.

If you need anything else, ask.
>>
>>17652544
why isn't living on your own an option if you would be financially secure without her?
>>
>>17652559
this is exactly what i needed!
we have that 50/30/20 budget thing going on right now and in theory it should work. we have written out our financial plans. What kind of financial plan were/are you guys working with?
>>
Moved out with my two good friends seven months ago, it's not bad but I'm considering moving back in with my mom once the lease is up. Mostly due to expenses though I do hate one of the friends as a room mate. A cool guy, just can't fucking pick up after himself.
>>
>>17652562
at the time (a year or two ago) i couldnt, but now we have our own set place and have been planning for this for about a year
>>
>>17652570
We never really had a very strict financial plan.
I own the house we live in (inherited it), so we surely have a much easier time than most people since we just have to pay the bills.
We have a shared bank account were about 1/3 of our income goes (we decided to pay accordingly to our possibilities, not a fixed amount of money).
We have a meal plan and I cook everything from scratch which keeps expenses low - we spend 60-80€/week for food for us both. In total we spend around 450€/month for bills, taxes and food. We use that account for some of the things we do together.
I usually spend around 1/3 of my income for other expenses (medical things, school, entertainment, hobbies) and save the rest. He spends less then me for sure, and saved a lot.
We are both boringly responsible people who got a fair amount of money saved before graduating high school.
>>
>>17652465
Don't burn any bridges. A year from now you won't even remember the girt's name and you'll be begging your parents to take you back.
>>
>>17652519
nah, not really... this panorama you're mentioning is for people considering getting married, buying a house

moving in together, as long as there are no kids, or even pets involved, still allows for fuck ups and, as OP wants, getting a taste of the real world...
>>
>>17652511
If it were that strong you'd be married
>>
>>17653242
not necessarily, there can be a strong relationship without marriage

a strong relationship allows for taking risks, like the one of moving in together
>>
>>17653242
What is the point of getting married? I mean, I am married, quite happily after 15 years, but unless you're ready to have kids or something, whatisthepoint? I think that's a pretty stupid argument.
Thread posts: 23
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.