[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Advice on travelling?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 1

File: 1442785813022-1.jpg (2MB, 1440x900px) Image search: [Google]
1442785813022-1.jpg
2MB, 1440x900px
I need to see something new. I've lived in the same town for 13 years ever since I was 5 and have never left the country as a result of my family's working class status. I've always felt like I was in a rut and that something was missing and it hit me. I need to get out and see the world

I know where I want to get started. I want to take the weeb rite of passage and go to Japan. I know how to plan and save money. I have no one I'd be able to convince to go with me though and I'm completely ignorant on actually travelling. What do I do?
>>
>>17652265
Don't go to Japan alone or it will be shitty for real. It's great if you know people.

Are you a man/woman, how much money can you spend, where do you live relatively, and how much time are you looking to spend away.
>>
>>17652265
As someone who has traveled Europe and Asia, I'll tell you this.
I would recommend not going and using your money to create a portfolio.
The reason I say this is because every major city in industrialized nations are exactly the same. They're terrible to visit, and you won't get to experience the real culture. You'd need to visit small towns and such which cost a lot.
So save up money cause your young now, and visit these places when you're financially set and more responsible
>>
>>17652265
The problem with travelling to find yourself is that when you get there what you find is still just you.
>>
Don't go to Japan if you can't hold a conversation in Japanese. I'm here right now, it's not some magical weeb paradise. In fact the large majority of the population hates weebs. Traveling here alone would be godawful. It's a beautiful country with lots to see and do, but if you come alone and can't speak the language it will not be fun.
>>
>>17652722
>>17652445
Maybe I'll find someone that I'd be able to go with in the next few years. I'll be sure to heed your warnings though. I gave it some thought and only just realized how bad of an idea it was to travel to a country with another language alone.

>>17652703
Well, fuck. That's a good point. I just need to see something different.
Thread posts: 6
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.