[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Career Advice

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 2

File: 20160704_182137.500.png (828KB, 720x540px) Image search: [Google]
20160704_182137.500.png
828KB, 720x540px
Hello /adv/ this is my very first thread and I wanted to ask what types of careers I can pursue that are relatively short with a decent employment rate. I´ll give you some info about my situation, I´m soon going to be 21 and I still haven´t finished high school but I´m studying again and It will take me 4 years more or less. So I figured that during those 4 years I could prepare myself for a job. I figure that any info related to jobs would be useful. Also I´m not american.
>>
>>17652086
>relatively short with a decent employment rate
What does this even mean?

And why is it going to take you 4 more years to pass high school?
>>
File: drunk gintoki.jpg (86KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
drunk gintoki.jpg
86KB, 500x500px
> I´m soon going to be 21 and I still haven´t finished high school

I am sorry but wtf man?
>>
>>17652090
Yes it´s awful I know but it wasn´t entirely my fault.
>>17652089
I meant something that doesn´t take me too many years at college since I don´t have time anymore.
>>
>>17652096
>I meant something that doesn´t take me too many years at college since I don´t have time anymore.
Anything that's worth pursuing takes time. There are no legitimate get rich quick methods.
>>
>>17652102
Yes I know but I´m only looking for something decent, I don´t want to get rich.
>>
>>17652108
What in the world does 'decent' mean? That doesn't tell us anything about what you want
>>
>>17652112
The only thing I THINK I want to study is music, more specifically piano but I may probably be screwed already so I thought about studying something else that can get me some money to support myself.
>>
I´m wondering if making a thread about this was a good idea.
>>
>>17652119

You need to finish high school to get practically job in this country.
>>
>>17652143
Yeah of course, goddammit I just remembered, going to college is expensive as hell right?
>>
>>17652149

Yes but depending on your grades it can be fairly cheap.
>>
>>17652119
>I THINK I want to study is music

Then don't go to college.

Study and practice on your own, unless you plan on teaching music at a Uni
>>
Just go study a skilled trade, youll be finished studying quicker and start earning money in no time
>>
>>17652149
Assuming you're not being sarcastic, a) I now get why you won't have got a high school education until the age of 25 and b) you're not going to do well in a university setting, assuming you even manage to finish 'high school'
>>
>>17652149
>expensive as hell right?

Yes, but CC is cheaper. You can ride through a lot of it with a decent scholarship. Even if you don't, it's not crazy. But then you need to transition to a Uni, which can be expensive

You don't even need to buy textbooks half the time. Just use the PPTs the teacher gives to you online. Save hundreds of dollars
>>
>>17652154
I´ve been thinking about this, with all the shitty problems I had that stopped me from finishing fucking highscholl college could very well be out of the question.
>>
>>17652155
Sorry I wasn´t being sarcastic, just dumb mistakes I make sometimes.
>>
>>17652167
Yeah, trade is always good.

They usually pay you for training, you get real world practical exp, you can get a job anywhere in the country, the program is cheaper/quicker, and the pay is not bad

Some welders make very good money, even though its taxing on your body. An electrician makes about 50k on avg, and you can even start your own service business. You'll get a job with little debt
>>
>>17652186
Yes maybe I won´t be able to do things that require physical strength since I had scoliosis and now I´ve got 13? metal rods in my back. Electrician could be good?
>>
>>17652186
>Under the Trades Qualification and Apprenticeship Act an electrical apprenticeship is 9000 hours (approximately five years)

Shit so I should start right away?
>>
>>17652196
>Electrician could be good?

Maybe not. It still does require a level of physical exertion, and most trade jobs will wear on your body over time, especially in the back, knees, shoulder, ears, and eyes. PPE can only slow it.

But it's probably less physical than other trades. Wear equipment and have good form and you could be okay. Not sure how bad your back is.

Worth a shot? As I said, you're paid as a helper/apprentice. No harm in talking to electricians and giving it a try. But doing that for several yrs with rods in your back, I'd be careful
>>
>>17652215
Yeah I´ll look into those things later down the road, another thing I wanted to ask you is if what place would be better to move to, the US or Canada? a few of "my" people choose Canada.
>>
>>17652226
>the US or Canada? a few of "my" people choose Canada.

That's not a question that I can really answer. Employment wise, doesn't really matter. Canada needs lots of electricians too
>>
>>17652230
Oh great then. Thank you for your answers, I made a lot of mistakes in this thread but I think I got something out of it.
Thread posts: 25
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.