[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Curing Autism

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 2

File: 1457771162730.jpg (2MB, 1600x1050px) Image search: [Google]
1457771162730.jpg
2MB, 1600x1050px
How do I convince my friend to stop playing guitar/singing so he can focus on getting a career while he's in college?

http://vocaroo.com/i/s0kgkvxbBU2G

He sounds like a terminally autistic potato. I've been telling him in nicer ways but one day I just outright told him he's never gonna make it. Instead of focusing on his exams for next week he keeps making small clips and jamming to blues backtracks. How do I stop autism? I know someone here must have a cure.

Lets be realistic here, we both know he wont make it as an artist anywhere. I just want him to focus on biology, stick to his guns. Kids bright, he submitted something about an antibiotic research proposal at the age of 16 and it got him into college a year early.
>>
File: 1472177845249.jpg (2MB, 2560x1600px) Image search: [Google]
1472177845249.jpg
2MB, 2560x1600px
>>17650974
Should probably mention a few things:
1> he has some sort of psychiatric condition he wont tell anyone about, but he's heavily medicated according to his parents
2> he dropped out of college at 17 because of the condition and worked his way back in at 19
3> he is now 20 and I don't want him working as a night time security guard.
>>
Anyone at all?
>>
>>17650974
He's really not horrible at guitar but everyone's gotta have a hobby man.

Besides advising him that he should keep music as a hobby you can't really force him to do anything, in the end if he feels strongly enough he'll do what he wants
>>
hey this is actually pretty good
>>
>>17651272
Let's not get ahead of ourselves dude if this guy's been playing more than a year he's really shitty
>>
>>17651240
Haven't tried the hobby approach, thank you. He can be a student and play guitar as a side thing after all.

>>17651272
this
>>17651290
And he has been playing for more than a year.
>>
>>17651300
Coming from someone who's been playing 6 yrs and been in a bunch of bands: his barring is sloppy and it makes it buzz, and I also recommend he works on some scales and for god sakes tell him to get singing lessons his voice is straight from his nose.

I'm also the guy who suggested the hobby thing, show him numbers on how many professional musicians make it, I can tell you since I work with a bunch of musicians that even the ones who went to school for it get paid like 15 bucks an hour teaching and that's a good break for them.
>>
>>17650974
>http://vocaroo.com/i/s0kgkvxbBU2G
Damn, better than i expected given the comments.

He is fairly decent at guitar, he needs a lot of work on rhythm and anon is right that is barring is sloppy. As a trained singer of 5 years i can definitely say that he has potential. He positions his notes high and in the nose, which is backwards for low notes. And the range of that song is non-existant. Without learning music theory, having both singing and guitar teachers, he wont progress quickly enough to make a living from it.

He has potential, definitely should continue the music. I would honestly say from a singing point of view that he is better than like half the kids i saw improve over a year, and they had pro teachers. So, he is decent, but a diamond still very much in the rough.
>>
>>17651343
Anon that mentioned the barring here

He's good as far as every day dude with a guitar deal but I was critiquing as far as being a professional musician
>>
>>17651371
honestly you don't need to be that good to make it. look at kid cudi, sings off key and not that good at guitar/making beats. still famous
>>
>>17650974
Find a way to get him on stage, and pay some hecklers to boo him off.

That'll cure his love of music.
>>
he sounds like a nasally, living, breathing meme
>>
>>17650974
You sound like a great friend desu
>>
>>17651865
this senpai

Honestly OP just chill m8, if he's gonna crash and burn hes gonna crash and burn. Fuck it.
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.