/script>
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I am afraid i have aspergers

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 1

File: aspie.jpg (9KB, 313x161px) Image search: [Google]
aspie.jpg
9KB, 313x161px
I feel like i'm a legit aspie.
I don't have difficulties to express myself when talking with others(as i am sometimes forced to because of work), but generally i rather choose not to. You know me, i am the quiet guy in the office, who eats at his computer instead of with coworkers, and don't go to social gatherings.

I have a hard time making eye-contact as well (it's either non-existent or too intense).

How do i verify this? What to do if it gets official?
>>
i am the same way. but thank god im not an actual autist.

you just have a different personality than most people dont worry about it.

but dont be surprised when your personality is similar to the description of someone with actual autism.

its just your personality. psychological sciences however will say that you are defective because you dont think like the majority of people.
>>
>>17650174
doesn't deviation from the normal exhaust the defective term?
Also where is the line, where it is just a personality issue, and from where it is autism?
>>
>>17650204
if you have problems with performing in your life then its autism.

if you flip the fuck out when someone says sonic sucks then its autism. if youre just anti social. then its just your personality.

its really a grey area about where autism ends and begins. we could talk about it all day.

but if it affects job your or income. then yes its autism. if you cant live without government benefits. then its autism
>>
>>17650164
You probably do not have aspergers, maybe you've just convinced yourself that you might because 4chan and the rest of the internet have drilled the idea into your head.

Being a bit introverted doesn't mean you are autistic. People with aspergers tend not to just shun social interaction, they straight up don't understand it - a lot of the time they can't tell if someone is being serious or joking, can't detect sarcasm, can't pick up on body language e.g. how someone is feeling from their facial expression etc.

Obviously there are different degrees of aspergers but I wouldn't self-diagnose if I were you.
>>
>>17650164

You probably have social anxiety. If you had aspergers, it would've been found out when you were young. I have a brother with aspergers, and he was diagnosed just after he started school.
>>
>>17651346
what were his symptoms?
>>
>>17650164
Could be anything, doesn't have to be aspergers. Get a proper diagnosis by a psychiatrist if you're having issues. I'd recommend doing that judging from your story.
Thread posts: 8
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.