[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Quitting Vidya Games

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 3

I have decided to quit the vidya games.

Uninstalling every game on my PC and Phone.

Tips?
>>
Find something else to do. Browsing the internet all day doesn't cut it as a replacement, even if it is the most obvious one.

In the worst case, you'll just end up doing nothing all together, and then you're actually better of playing videogames imao.

Myself, i stopped enjoying videogames a along time ago. It gets boring. You realize how simplistic most games are. A few games still catch my interest, some strategy games, but that's it. I can't be bothered playing mmos.
>>
>>17649919
I did the same thing. Steam made it easy just to reinstall them. In fact, I ended up playing more after that.
The real thing that you need to do is find real hobbies, so that one day you'll find yourself not even feeling the urge to open one of your games.
>>
>>17650035
I'm trying to replace it with productive shit to advance my career. I just finished uninstalling every single game.

Going to train my dog or learn new skills. It was extremely depressing to go through steam and see the hundreds of hours logged in each game. So much wasted potential.
>>
>>17649939
I wish I could uninstall this website.
>>
>>17650083
In College now, I know I can get honours. Fucking games fucking my shit up
>>
File: 14583413345254.jpg (21KB, 500x281px) Image search: [Google]
14583413345254.jpg
21KB, 500x281px
>>17650104
i quit video games just like you did. however this was when i started college.

Back when i quit i personally started getting into actually reading books. from this i started to noticed that i was a retard and i had no religion or philosophy for my goals in life.

i would suggest that you pick up a type of moral system or ethical choices. for me i started with Zen Buddhism but eventually just went for full stoicism, which is pretty much the same thing but western.

Now i focus my life on that of the greeks or romans. losing all that weight, eatting right, getting a job, being a better person all that jazz.

So in my advice. find your life philosophy
>>
>>17650120
I'm starting to get into Psychology, "later stage" pre med here.
>>
>>17650120
Thanks man, truely inspirational, best advice on this board so far.
>>
>>17650120
Which books did you read to get into stoism?
any recommandation on books?

Have Epikur (i know he wasn't stoic) and Seneca lying around

>not op just interested to get deeper into
>>
>>17650798
Bump
>>
Get into fitness

Like holy shit, I started going to the gym 2 months ago and now I have a hard time motivating myself to even play games now.
>>
>>17651551
Thing is that I've been playing vidya for a large part of my life. It's gonna be tough and long to correct it. It hurts senpai
>>
>>17651637

Set some goals, and don't do anything that takes some kind of Olympian willpower to complete, start small.

I was playing too many games and realized that if I kept this up I was going to end up incredibly unhealthy for the rest of my life. I bought a vive and it really spoke to me about how unfit I became when I was already gassed out after not even a half hour of playing, I went to the gym right then and there and went again with an actual program 2 days later.

Honestly I think gaming is fine but if it's your only hobby it can be incredibly unhealthy. Find something that you like to do that improves yourself or maybe adds to your skillset. Metalwork, working out, marksmanship, fishing, programming, whatever it is (and it's probably more than just one thing). I used to think people were full of shit telling me about how satisfied their lives were doing some kind of productive hobby but now I'm spouting this bullshit too.

You don't "quit" video games, you replace it with something better.
>>
File: 1473714701400.jpg (393KB, 1230x960px) Image search: [Google]
1473714701400.jpg
393KB, 1230x960px
>>17650798
Meditations by Macrus Aurelius. starting with this with absolute beginners. the "book" is literally his field notes or diary if you will. he lived a very stressful life. and it shows how he plowed through it all

in general focus more on any roman stoic. the reason being is that the romans perfected it. sure its different than greek stoicism but i like to think of it like this. greeks made it, romans perfected it.
>>
>>17651715
Thanks senpai, 10/10 advice, gonna change my life for the better.
>>
>>17649919
Bump
>>
>>17649919
Bump
>>
>>17649919
Bump
>>
>>17649919
Bump
>>
i quit eventually too. now i only play games every couple of months or so, binge for a day, then forget them again.

i dunno how exactly i did it though...
>>
>>17652671
What? How?
>>
uninstall the games. go for as long as possible without playing. you might then have the urge to re-install it, but once you have binged uninstall again. basically every time you play uninstall the game -> having to install the game every time you want to play gives you more time to process what you are doing beforehand, and give you more time to decide to distract yourself with something else, and not install the game.

gradually the gaps between playing games get longer and longer.

so just keep uninstalling the game every time you relapse
>>
>>17649919
Bump
>>
>>17649919
Bump
>>
Why would you fucking do that? Can't you control yourself with playing games?
>>
>>17653343
Can you?
>>
What do think you'll accomplish with your new found free time?
>>
>>17653416
Cure Cancer
>>
>>17651726
Nice, a friend of mine has it so i can borrow it.
Thanks for the rec!
Thread posts: 30
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.