[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

One income family

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 2

Here's the situation (in simple bullet point format):

* I'm engaged to the girl of my dreams

* We are both young

* No kids yet, but plan to have one kid

* I have a semi-decent salary of 75k with possible growth (I'd say 100k within 15 years)

* My fiance is currently majoring in some junk major four year degree and will graduate in a few months

* Her job opportunities are extremely limited, somewhat unsafe, pays only slightly above minimum wage, and she hates the work (really dumb, we know, major regret)

* She says she'll just have to suck it in and work for the money

* In my head (I haven't told her), I want her to be happy so I'd actually want her NOT to work and stay home as a housewife

* I'm thinking it'll improve our quality of life (kids will always be taken care of, chores, food, etc)

* Some issues I can think of:
(1) Lack of a second income will hurt (extremely delay our plans to buy house)
(2) Worries if I happen to get laid off, what would happen if I can't find job again in a decent amount of time?
(3) Will life be fulfilling as a housewife? After finishing chores and stuff, it must be boring doing nothing else at home

I'd like some advice, am I thinking things correctly? Are there any alternatives? Or pitfalls I didn't think of?
>>
Thank you for not starting with
>be me
>>
>>17649239
If you're both young, your fiance can work to supplement your income for a few years until you have your first kid, and then go part-time. At that point, you'll hopefully have saved a bit of money between you, maybe enough for a deposit on a house in the suburbs.

Talk to your fiance about having her drop a lot of hours in her job after you have kids so that she can stay at home. She can do the housework and keep her job if she has spare time after household jobs and if not, then you underestimated the time it would take. Otherwise, you're still earning money, just not as much.

Women tend to find raising children very fulfilling. It's biological. She might get bored if she's at home by herself, but if she's with her baby I very much doubt it.
>>
>>17649239
If 75-100k sounds semi-decent to you, then maybe you need a wife that works at a similar level.
Of course every place is different, you might be living frugally already on 75k, but maybe you're not making the money go as far as it could, or you'd see it's a fuckload of money to live on.
>>
>I have a semi-decent salary of 75k with possible growth (I'd say 100k within 15 years)

That's terrible growth, literally like 1.1% per year. Probably less than inflation
>>
>>17649239
What is she graduating in?
I think that the best thing is to have her work till you manage to buy the house, then have the kids, then she can stay at home and raise them.
This will give her experience in case she ever needs to get a job (now or when the kid is older and he can spend time home alone).
It will also be easier to save for college for your kid/save some emergency money in case you lost your job.
Honestly I've no kids and I was stuck at home for 2 years - I fucking lost my mind. I have plenty of hobbies, my house was so clean that you could perform brain surgery on the kitchen floor, and I cooked everything from scratch (I even had a garden with vegetables and plants for my recipes). And still, all of that took me 3-5 hours, and then it was hours of contemplating the possibility of ending mh life till my boyfriend came home.
Boring as fuck.
The happiest housewives I've seen are those who volunteer a lot, those who have artistic hobbies or those who have a business online/from home.
>>
Can't your fiance retrain to be a web developer or some other professional?

You should dump her if she just plans to be a financial parasite on you
>>
There's literally no downside in this situation to your wife being stay-at-home. Just go it idiot.
>>
>>17649696
Except for her being a parasite
>>
>>17649697
That's literally what a wife is. If OP doesn't want a parasite he shouldn't get married.
>>
>>17649702
lol

this is what beta bitch males believe
>>
>>17649705
Yeah a true alpha marries a strong, independent career woman who will divorce him in a year's time if he doesn't agree to enter into an open relationship with her.
>>
>>17649239
>Will life be fulfilling as a housewife? After finishing chores and stuff, it must be boring doing nothing else at home

She doesn't care. I hope you know she already plans to be a stay at home wife. She picked the shit major and has stayed in the shit amjor knowing she'd never be able to support herself and thus have to be stay at home. If she really wanted to do something fulfilling with her life she wouldn't continue with this major, especially when:

>Her job opportunities are extremely limited, somewhat unsafe, pays only slightly above minimum wage, and SHE HATES THE WORK

No offense to stay at home moms but let's not pretend this is being forced on her or it's some unfortunate second option. If she wanted more then she would be trying to get it.
>>
>>17649709
Sounds like a false dichotomy but maybe a reality for unattractive guys
>>
I can't believe no one has suggested this yet, but perhaps you should discuss this with your wife instead of anonymous homosexuals on a bavarian basketweaving enthusiat forum.
>>
File: karura-1.png (224KB, 799x737px) Image search: [Google]
karura-1.png
224KB, 799x737px
>>17649709
>strong, independent, carrier woman
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.