[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Friend has an obsession?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 2

File: bruh.jpg (49KB, 538x370px) Image search: [Google]
bruh.jpg
49KB, 538x370px
Hey /adv/ it's been a while.
Fem-anon here; it will be relevant.
So I might have accidentally gotten myself into some shit. I met this guy through mutual friends while playing TF2 (I was trying to find a team at the time). We didn't really talk to each other aside from team scrims, until one day I was bored and hit him up for a casual game. We immediately hit it off and became good friends; talking every day for hours on end and just a neato friendship. Around 2 months into this, he started talking how I was basically his best friend and he didn't trust anyone but me, how talking to me was the only highlight of his days and how he had self-esteem issues, things like that. At the moment I didn't really think much about it, I'm naturally a friendly person, and unfortunately this has gotten a lot of people with low-self-esteem to gravitate around me. After a few days after that declaration, he admitted to liking me a lot and wanting to try a LDR ( I am from Cali and he is from NC). I declined since I am actually dating someone else, also LDR (it has been 8 years), and I didn't want to ruin the friendship. He was quite upset about it, but we continued talking. This has gone on for 7 months and I would always tell my boyfriend about my friendship with him and things he has said. For the longest time I didn't have an issue about it, and neither did my boyfriend, however recently some things have started to be a bit unsettling. He acts extremely jealous, despite the fact that we aren't dating, and will call me out when I talk to other classmates in college or when anyone shows interest in me. At times, he guilt trips me about it or about how much time I spend talking to him. He has cut off his friends because they pick on him because he likes me, including a team member that had also declared romantic interest before. CONT
>>
File: dibbles.png (30KB, 155x155px)
dibbles.png
30KB, 155x155px
CONT
He's really special (fragile, I would call him) about things and wants to know all I do, all I think and all I feel; he gets extremely upset if I don't share things with him or if I just simply ignore him. As soon as I am online I am bombarded by messages in all my platforms (Steam, Skype, Snapchat), and he becomes extremely insecure if I don't answer quickly. For the longest time I just thought he was being cute, but my boyfriend has started getting concerned about it; he says it is sounding a bit more like creepy obsession. Just the other night, he was talking about how he has a list of things I do that he finds completely adorable, things that bother him, and something he calls a “baseball bat hit-list” for people that have bothered me. He partially knows my location and my boyfriend’s.
His actions are starting to unsettle me and my boyfriend, any suggestions on what to do? Are we being a bit over-reactive?
>>
Male-anon here, never been in this kind of situation before but some girl I know has. I don't know if he can get angry easily (if he does bring your boyfriend) but you should tell him that your life is your problem not his and if he doesn't stop being so jealous and creepy you won't be friends anymore.
>>
>>17648952
Femanon here, please reread your own post. Guy sounds like a textbook abuser. Your relationship and emotional wellbeing is at stake. Time to cut contact cold turkey because this type of person does not take no for an answer. Stay safe.
>>
I'm not trying to be rude here, but jesus fucking christ re-read your own post. Cut contact.
Fuck me

make way for people with real problems
>>
OP here. After writing this last night I do realize it's a bad as it sounds. I can't quit suddenly, however, because I'm kind of afraid. I'll try to do it gradually to not get shanked. Thanks guys.
>>
>>17649780
I'm a psych student. Believe what they're saying. Cut that shit up FAST. But before you go cold turkey on him, tell him you have a friend that have the same problem as that dude and all he did was go to a therapist. Then tell him you're gonna go have a vacation in the Philippines or some shit and you won't be online that much. That's all. Good luck op
Thread posts: 7
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.