[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Can I take legal action against my former employer?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 1

File: 1471912075635.jpg (129KB, 330x495px) Image search: [Google]
1471912075635.jpg
129KB, 330x495px
I was fired from my legal-marijuana job for telling another coworker to not make a mess 10 minutes before he clocks out, so he went and literally cried in the break room. I was let go, being told that I was "not compatible" with the team. As they walked me out of my full-time job, I pointed to the coworker who cried and tattled on me, and said "You're a goober, go fuck yourself."

One week after being fired, I called the manager and asked if I could come pick up my last check. She told me to find the security guard out front, and tell him to walkie-talkie upstairs for my check to be brought down.

One of the other security guards came down and asked if I was NAME HERE. I said yes, and he immediately pushed me back into a corner, and began yelling "YOU ARE 86'ed FROM THIS PROPERTY! DO YOU UNDERSTAND!? YOU ARE TRESPASSING! YOU ARE NOT ALOUD HERE! YOU ARE 86'ed! YOU CANNOT BE TRESPASSING." (mind you, this was outside, in the parking lot, where the manager had TOLD me to go.)

I told him to get off of me (he was pointing his finger less than an inch from my face) and just give me my check so I can leave. He told me no, and that "YOU ARE GOING TO LISTEN TO ME!"

I told him "I don't have to listen to shit, just give me my check so I can leave."

Just then, a very large black security guard RAN up to the other side of me, and began yelling and spitting in my face like a drill sergeant, "YOU'RE GONNA LISTEN TO HIM! YOU'RE NOT IN CHARGE HERE. WE ARE!" and poked my eyeball with his big finger.

I flinched and immediately yelled "DON'T FUCKIN TOUCH ME DUDE." To which the guards only responded with even more yelling and cornering me even deeper, to where I couldn't see anything but security-guard-face.

I grabbed my check and pushed my way out, and walked off the parking lot, with a "You guys are fuckin dicks."

This pissed them off even more, and began running after me, until I was off the property line.

Can I sue?
>>
>>17648841
Do you have any evidence/proof that the events you described took place? Did you get the guards' names?
>>
>>17648841
This sounds like a story written by the exact kind of person who would post the image you did.

Do you have several thousand dollars to sue this company? There's your answer.
>>
>>17648841

Are you in Canada, OP?

Can you tell me about when it'll be legal? is it a sure thing?
>>
>>17648841
I wonder how many threads aren't just bullshit stories made up by anons.
>>
>>17648841
No.

You have no wrongful dismissal claim against the employer. They can fire whoever they want for whatever they want, as long as it doesn't break discrimination laws.

And the general tone of your post suggests that you were a bit more of a dickhead than you imply, and didn't fit in with their mellow atmosphere.

You could try a criminal complaint of assault against the individual security guys, but a single one-finger poke doesn't quite make it.
Thread posts: 6
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.