[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Any of you guys used to have a hobby, habit, or lifestyle goal

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 1

File: dgn.png (98KB, 669x431px) Image search: [Google]
dgn.png
98KB, 669x431px
Any of you guys used to have a hobby, habit, or lifestyle goal you thought would always be a part of your life or a part of who you were and then you just kind of stopped being able to do it or want to do it?

I used to write all the time. I would write setting and character details in the margins of my notes at school all day and then go home and just fill pages and pages with words. Reading, researching, and writing occupied all of my time.

I'm not sure what happened, or even when exactly, but now I can't do any of that. If I do manage to get motivated enough to sit down and try to write, it lasts for maybe an hour if I am lucky. Most of the time, though, I can't even bring myself to try to write. I just don't want to anymore even though it used to be something I lived and breathed.

Do any of you guys have advice for rekindling and old hobby or maybe turning into something new?
>>
I used to take old cardboard boxes and other packaging, mostly food and build a big cardboard city out of it. I got kinda good at it. Then I just stopped. I don't really care to start up again. I was about 6 when I did that shit.
>>
>>17648830
Do you do architecture or engineering type stuff with your career or hobby life?
>>
Cartooning and illustration.

I still am very much into comics and animation, but I reached a point where I wasn't satisfied with being a mediocre hobbyist but no longer had the time, drive, or patience to grow.
>>
I used to ice skate. Just hard to get to a ice rink nowadays

I also used to make videos on YouTube
>>
>>17649100
This.

It sucks when you do something you love for years, yet see everyone else excelling at a rate beyond yours. No one young should have to feel that "why even start in the first place" type of feel.
>>
I've played guitar for 15 years and drums for 18 years.

I no longer get satisfaction out of making or even really listening to music anymore. I've taken breaks, i've done everything. It's just gone now and I feel really fucking weird. Dont know what to do with myself anymore

So I know how you feel OP I just don't have any answers.
>>
>>17648802
We tend to assume that we'll be the same person throughout our lives. This isn't the case. We become many different people, and almost everything about us can change - sometimes quite rapidly.

Go with it. Let go, and stop feeling like something is "missing" when you no longer feel like doing something.

Usually, what it means is that you need to go out and talk to a lot of people about their lives, and listen.

Join a group - take a class, go to a church (or free-thinker's club if you don't want to study religion), take part in an Alternate Reality Game, play Pokemon Go and do a meetup, just go interact with people.

The medium of your art doesn't matter, and eventually you will find that your life and interactions with others is the only art that lasts.
Thread posts: 8
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.