[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How do I get prescribed anxiety meds?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 2

File: 1269913807576.jpg (18KB, 300x300px) Image search: [Google]
1269913807576.jpg
18KB, 300x300px
I live in USA, I have been suffering from depression and anxiety for a while, but lately it's taken over my life.

I don't have health insurance, so I got into a low-pay program so I could see a counselor and get meds. I was able to talk to someone within a month, but they told me I had to wait 5 months from then in order to see someone that would give me a prescription.

That was 5 months ago, my appointment is on Monday, but they now told me they would only give me something for depression, that they don't give out meds that could be "abused" like anxiety medications.

I can't even lay in my fucking bed to try to sleep without my heard pounding away. I need something for this anxiety, and I have no clue how to get it without insurance or lots of money.

Please help.
>>
pls respond
>>
any advice? at all?
>>
File: 1473149531365.jpg (2MB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
1473149531365.jpg
2MB, 1920x1080px
>>17647888
I wouldn't recommend, Anon.
I was prescribed for mentioning anxiety to a fucking gynecologist. Long story short, something fucked up and I ended up taking 150mg over my original 150mg dosage. Ended up with panic attacks, 2 months w/o sleep, mild cases of schizo, went manic to the psych ward for 4 days, awake the whole time.
>been a year now, still dealing with mild anxiety and paranoia
>military doesn't take to people with anxiety
You really don't feel like yourself. I quit college and ran away from home all because I had issues within myself that I didn't realize until I wasn't able to sleep and real anxiety from the pills just fucked me hard.
but that's my encounter with meds anyway.
Just be strong, Anon. Don't kill yourself, let's all see where this road takes us. Acceptance is what helps me cope, and yoga. Taking mental breaks and getting shit done in life. Breathing exercises. Don't smoke certain strains of cannabis. When you go to sleep, focus on relaxing your body and your facial expression and just feel the bed. When you're comfortable start day dreaming until you fall asleep. You focus on real world problems that no one can shoulder themselves so think of things you'd like to buy or what you'll do the next day. Maybe ride a fucking battle armored stegasaurus, whatever. I hope I helped, Anon.
They have genetic brands for the meds, and they're usually very willing to write them off.
Just mention all your symptoms, don't even have to go for a sob story.
Again, try to battle it first before relying on taking a pill every day, getting it refilled, calling it in for a new script, checking up on it after a month for $30. I mean, up to you. I'd go for some Ambien before I went for psychologically mind altering drugs that numb who you are.
>Goodnight <3 c:
>P.S. L2 lucid dream
>P.S.2. I like this wallpaper thought i'd put in a picture idk
>/wp/fag
>>
>>17648417
I'm currently taking 10mg of lexapro, which is an antidepressant, for anxiety. Most people get antidepressants for anxiety because they work, and anti-anxieties like Xanax have a high abuse rate. For me I had a hard time not getting anxious in social situationd. The lexapro works for me, and I feel much better than I used to. There are side effects with any antidepressant, so you'll have to take those into consideration. You should also know that they take time to work. Took me about a month to really notice that I wasn't as worried anymore. It's late, and I'm tired so idk if this helps, but good luck. I honestly hope things work out well for you.
>>
>>17647888
They call anxiety and depression "sisters" (I know, it's sexist, but psychiatry, amirite?). This is because they feed each other and the co-morbidity rates (the degree to which they present simultaneously) are through the roof.

That's probably why they will prescribe an anti-depressant, but not an anti-anxiety medication.

The good news is that after the anti-depressants start working (it usually takes about 3 weeks), the anxiety will lessen in turn.

Until then, seriously try mindfulness meditation. There are a zillion YouTube videos on it, and even more websites. Also, read through some Cognitive Behavioral Therapy and see if it doesn't make some sense.

I have been where you are, OP. I was on a lot of pills for a long time, and I eventually learned they didn't work for me. For me, though - I can't say they won't for you.

But you have to trust your P-Doc to prescribe pills, and you simply *cannot* go looking for medication on your own. If you're going to do that, then maybe (maybe, I mean... like *maybe*) try a very low-grade marijuana. Even that is a very, very, very dicey idea if you're prone to anxiety and panic attacks, but at least it isn't terribly likely to cause a toxic reaction.

Your best bet is to give the anti-depressants a shot, and cope with mindfulness. If the anxiety persists, then do let your doctor know, and they might look into changing or adding to your prescription, but the sad truth is that it's very much a guessing game, and it takes time.

But you *will* get through it. Fuck, I know it seems like you won't at times, but eventually things will fall into place.

Just breathe, and remember that there are a *lot* of people who suffer, and that you're just honest enough to admit that you don't know what to do.

Read Boggle the Owl, and talk on depression forums, and go to group, and don't give up.
Thread posts: 6
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.