[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

future of us

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 2

So I love this girl, and she loves me back too. I'm just I'm college and she works in office. Been together for years. But my parents keep telling me that we can't have a future, can it be true?
>>
>>17646859
Well - why do they think so.
>>
>>17646859

Your parents don't necessarily know what is best for you, they base their advice on what was best for them. Listen to what they say, but make the decision yourself, based on your own experienced and expectations.

Why do they keep telling you that? What's their reasoning?
>>
Cause she's of a very different culture, my parents are conservatives. Plus, she older than me. Which is unobvious in our country.
>>
>>17646870
If you really love this woman, then fug your parents. Differing cultures shouldn't deter your relationship, nor should the words of others―no matter what.

Like the other anons said, reflect on your own expectations, and more importantly, experiences with her, and decide: "Do I see a future with this woman? Do I see future where we are both happy, and that nothing would come between us because our love is that strong? Are her goals compatible with mine, or are that which wouldn't break us apart?"

If everything seems good, don't listen to them. If you're that worried, then talk to her about it and tell her about how your parent's words are bothering you.

I should be that easy OP. Think on it.
>>
>>17646859
Im from Norway and 90% want an Asian girlfriend, i dont think my mom will be happy about it. But it's my choice right?
Btw i'm 19 and never been in a relationship (also NOT in one now).
>>
I'm this anon >>17647413

>>17647472

I'd say go for it. However, are you fetishizing Asian women because of stereotypes, or do Asian women have facial features that you prefer/you find them more attractive because of their looks?

If it's the former, then I would say rethink. If not, there's no harm. We all have our preferences.
>>
>>17647512
>However, are you fetishizing Asian women because of stereotypes, or do Asian women have facial features that you prefer/you find them more attractive because of their looks?

Sorry i did not understand your question, didn't you just repeat the same thing 2 times, what the differnece? Sterotypes vs prefer?

But yeah, i think they are way more attractive and they are more polite.... or what you think? It's also true that there are nice people and mean people.

Sorry for my shit formatting Anon.
>>
>>17647538
> Sorry i did not understand your question, didn't you just repeat the same thing 2 times, what the differnece? Sterotypes vs prefer?

I will copy the definitions of prefer and stereotype from Merriam-Webster, and paste them here just for you OP.

Stereotype: to believe unfairly that all people or things with a particular characteristic are the same
Prefer: to like (someone or something) better than someone or something else

As an example, have you every heard of yellow fever? Look it up if you haven't, and if you still don't understand, then I can help you.

> But yeah, i think they are way more attractive and they are more polite.... or what you think? It's also true that there are nice people and mean people.
> they are more polite

This is exactly what I mean.

It seems like we're talking about Eastern Asian people here (specifically Japanese, Chinese, & Korean). Even more specifically, the Japanese.
The Japanese have a reputation for politeness (don't know about Koreans, but Chinese are known for being the opposite), but it's in their culture to have a respectable and passive stance when dealing with people no matter what, period. (Look up honne本音 and tatemae建前, which is being honest, and being the equivalent of telling (white) lies to keep the peace, respectively). But like you said, it's > true that there are nice people and mean people. During my stay in Japan, I did experience just that because you know why? They're people. Like us.

You do understand that there are "nice" and "mean" people like anywhere else, but what I want you to understand is that you shouldn't expect anything like a certain behavior or characteristic from someone based solely on their ethnicity. Get that out of your head as much as possible before you decide that you want an [Eastern] Asian girlfriend.
>>
Listen to your parents. They know what's best for you.
>>
>>17647958
>>
>>17647472
Kompis, drit i foreldrene dine.
Det kan godt hende at forholdet ikke kommer til å vare, men om problemer skulle oppstå så burde ikke det være på grunn av ekstern bullshit, bare noe direkte mellom deg og dama di.
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.