[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

how to fix my PC?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 5
Thread images: 1

File: 1.jpg (1MB, 3552x2000px) Image search: [Google]
1.jpg
1MB, 3552x2000px
tl;dr After installing new hdd no picture on screen, not even bios.

I have a pc with a gigabyte z97 sniper motherboard. Up until today it had a 250gb ssd boot disk and a 3tb sata hdd. Today I installed another 3tb sata hdd after which I briefly unscrewed the motherboard to fix a minor issue with the I/O shield then reattached it with the same screws in the same holes. I never actually "removed" the mobo just moved it 1 cm and back with the power OFF.

When I tried booting it would only find one HDD. After maybe 20 attempts of reattaching the cables (and booting to BIOS after each try) it finally found all three drives. But when I tried to boot into the SSD it would say it wasn't a valid boot drive. Restarting without selecting a boot drive would give the blue PC ran into problem:( screen.

I went to another computer to create a windows install usb and when I came back the PC which had not been touched during this time would no longer give BIOS. Fans and lights turn on but nothing on the screen. Keeping one monitor on the GPU while attaching the other straight to mobo did nothing. I checked every cable and even disconnected the HDDs to see if there was a power issue but nothing changed. When I try to boot without RAM sticks instead of the beeping like I expected the PC starts restarting itself every 10 seconds so I'm not sure if that's intended behaviour in an error situation or not. With the RAM sticks attached it will stay ON until I turn it off. Removing the GPU did nothing either.

What could be the problem and what to try next?
>>
>>17646798
Have you got the jumper pins in the right place on each drive?
>>
>>17646811
I don't think masters and slaves exist anymore with S-ATA drives
>>
How did you try to boot into the ssd?.
>>
Situation over it works.

If anyone cares I disassembled every part except CPU, put them back together, tried stuff I already had (one stick of ram, reset bios etc.) and all of a sudden I got picture. After 3 boots of "pc needs repair :(" it went straight to desktop without a install usb or an internet connection. So I guess the answer is magic.
>>17646900
Before I left the room to create the USB I got picture just fine. I guess that's just one more mystery.
Thread posts: 5
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.