[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Depression/symptoms/past medications

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 1

File: image.jpg (42KB, 640x799px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
42KB, 640x799px
I never thought I'd share my thoughts on 4chan but here it goes. I think I have come to the conclusion that I may be depressed. I don't know if there's any medical diagnoses for depression, I'll have to look into to it but reading symptoms and seeing how they relate to me, I am 100% sure it could possibly diagnosed in my case at least.

I have lost interest in many things, including life. I once enjoyed playing the drums, watching MMA, listening to various types of music but it all slowly drained away. (I believe I have been suffering from some sort of depression since youth) When I was in elementary I had to take medication for school in order to pay attention in class. These pills caused me to become moody and not eat, I feel at this young age it may have triggered something in my brain to cause depression in my current years. (I stopped taking the pills and I was eating and had an outgoing attitude but for only a while). In my teens I had hard break ups which may have impacted me emotionally to now and I also feel that it could have also caused and triggered something in my brain to cause depression. To this day now I have no wanting or desire to continue living. I constantly think about dying or being shot and wonder how others would react. Only recently have j started thinking about taking my pocket knife and getting the job done. But there's something that holds me back. Could I have some type of mental issues? I want to reassure you guys that I am not socially awkward and I can socialize with people perfectly, I never had that problem although my brother does, but he does not suffer of any mood changes.

What can I do? what should I do? I don't want to feel this way but it haunts me every day more and more..
>>
OP here. I just wish someone could respond. At least one. If not then I guess there's nothing else to it.
>>
>>17645797
It's fairly unlikely for most of the common ADHD medications to cause mood disorders, the things they do in the brain only tangentially affect those processes.

But the standard advice applies: if you think you have a mental illness that needs treatment, go see a psychiatrist. Simple as that.
They're doctors, and this is what they do for a living.
>>
>>17645797
what is the reason you feel depressed
>>
>In my teens I had hard break ups which may have impacted me emotionally to now

let it go.

make yourself happy, others wont be there all the time
>>
>>17646108
This is not a very good question. You're not going to get a helpful answer in 95% of cases.
Things like "when do you tend to feel depressed" or "what time of day/week/month", "how often" or "for how long" etc are better
Thread posts: 6
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.